The Official X Factor Australia 2013 Discussion Thread

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    unclekevo wrote: »
    Wasn't a fan of that last guy today, agreed with Dannii, there was something not quite right about it

Which guy?
  • konofiliuskonofilius Posts: 586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So far my favourite were Vendulka (loved her), Straight up (really current and not too-pushed-up) and that Korean girl. She had sweeeet voice though no Mariah is from her.
    I really like Danni there. She was again spot on, especially about that afro, backup singer
  • unclekevounclekevo Posts: 20,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Which guy?

The 43-year-old who auditioned two years ago and sang 'Try'. His performance was too OTT for me, it was like a cabaret performance.
  • Barry_ClarkeBarry_Clarke Posts: 2,683
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loved Gemma Thorpe's Voice
  • felpcalibasfelpcalibas Posts: 5,547
    Forum Member
    I didnt get the hype with the guy who sang try, imo he was awful
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The guy who sang 'Some Nights' and Gemma Thorpe are my favourites so far, also love Ellie Lovegrove, Kelebek and the girlband.
  • Barry_ClarkeBarry_Clarke Posts: 2,683
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    unclekevo wrote: »
    The guy who sang 'Some Nights' and Gemma Thorpe are my favourites so far, also love Ellie Lovegrove, Kelebek and the girlband.

wasn't a fan of Kelebek but loved Ellie and the girl group
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I only caught the last two auditions from ep3, I thought Georgina Mastin was average but I really liked Taylor Henderson.

I don't want to be one of THOSE people, but Georgina only got through because she's Reece Mastin's sister, so I'll have to be.
  • kvnkvn Posts: 8,782
    Forum Member
    Loved Gemma Thorpe's Voice

Me too, her audition was brilliant.
  • jackel1234jackel1234 Posts: 5,218
    Forum Member
    David McCallum - Please tell me I am not the only person who felt like he yelled the song? To me he's got a very sub par voice but he could do really well with some vocal training but right now I don't think he's ready and his voice seems just meh.

Fabian Andres - I quite like his voice if I am honest as it has a lovely tone to it that I find quite soothing. On the other hand he just screams boyband and he'll probably end up going into one which would be disappointing as he's got a lovely voice.

Gemma Thorpe - I literally came on DS seeing pretty much everyone praise her and damn are they right. This girl is by a mile the best over in the competition and I can't really say much else as she's great.

Georgina Mastin - Well... she;s similar to her brother in the sense that she has a very sub par voice as well. Yeah she'll be kicked out early on as whenever they do this type of thing the sibling never gets far.

Taylor Henderson - I ADORE THIS BOY! He's bloody fantastic and yeah simply she's amazing and I hope he gets to the lives.

Georgie Bannard - Well I suppose he's got a nice voice but he's honestly nothing to get excited about.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm really not here for the show trying to sweep Samantha Jade under the rug and pretend The Collective won! I guess they can do whatever they want, but it seems rather stubborn and deluded considering TC haven't come close to matching Samantha's sales with post XF material.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bjkaave wrote: »
    I'm really not here for the show trying to sweep Samantha Jade under the rug and pretend The Collective won! I guess they can do whatever they want, but it seems rather stubborn and deluded considering TC haven't come close to matching Samantha's sales with post XF material.

The show always wanted The Collective to win, It's not Samantha's fault they never won, Samantha has went on to sell more records than them, I don't understand what the show has to be bitter about, it's almost as if they didn't want Samantha to be more successful than The Collective.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The show always wanted The Collective to win, It's not Samantha's fault they never won, Samantha has went on to sell more records than them, I don't understand what the show has to be bitter about, it's almost as if they didn't want Samantha to be more successful than The Collective.

The worst part was when they quickly showed The Collective making it to the final over Bella but the way they showed it made it look like TC won the season!
    I guess it doesn't matter too much, it's not like their efforts are working, it's just really confusing. American Idol only pulls this sort of thing when they can get away with it (ie. when their chosen one actually does outsell the winner) and while The X Factor UK does this quite often, they are actually successful with it (ie. One Direction over Matt, Olly over Joe),whether its right or wrong, it at lest makes sense. This is the first time I have seen a show's chosen act fail despite the tptb's best efforts, yet they just won't accept it! Strange...:confused:
  • WryipWryip Posts: 2,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't say the X Factor is forgetting Samantha Jade, or at the very least Channel 7 (the network X factor airs on) isn't. She appears regularly on Sunrise, and is about to star in the INXS telemovie. Maybe Sony have different ideas, but Seven at least definitely view her as one of their stars
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wryip wrote: »
    I wouldn't say the X Factor is forgetting Samantha Jade, or at the very least Channel 7 (the network X factor airs on) isn't. She appears regularly on Sunrise, and is about to star in the INXS telemovie. Maybe Sony have different ideas, but Seven at least definitely view her as one of their stars

I know the XF snubs aren't stopping Samantha Jade from receiving promotion through other means, I just find it odd that the show chose to play that scene from last year to make it seem as though The Collective won. What possible motive coud they have for trying to rewrite history like that? Is one thing to do it for an act if they actually outsell the winner, but I see no logic in this situation.

I'm unsure of how big Sony's commitment to Samantha Jade is going to be, we will have to wait until the album is released to determine that. If they did have plans to to treat The Collective more favourably, surely their latest single bombing will have changed their minds? :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't believe Joelle from Good Question auditioned alone :eek:

She was great though, probably my favourite so far
  • felpcalibasfelpcalibas Posts: 5,547
    Forum Member
    k so joelle is now my favorite, prefer her 100 times to kelebek
  • noonan15noonan15 Posts: 1,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Any news on categories yet? Who has who and all that jazz?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Still no Sammi acknowledgment! Not cool!:mad:
  • mariannermarianner Posts: 11,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bjkaave wrote: »
    Still no Sammi acknowledgment! Not cool!:mad:

Sammi is featuring soon :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    marianner wrote: »
    Sammi is featuring soon :)

I know she's supposed to be involved in the series somehow, but I wonder if they'll even air it??
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 486
    Forum Member
    Honestly think X Factor Australia is the best X Factor series especially after watching the twins' auditions in Sunday's episode
  • achroachro Posts: 3,262
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ronan seems to REALLY like the young cute white boys, even if they lack talent.
  • mariannermarianner Posts: 11,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    achro wrote: »
    Ronan seems to REALLY like the young cute white boys, even if they lack talent.

He is the new Louis Walsh ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jiordan was amazing, love her voice, she has a wicked style.
    The twins are good singers but that's about as far as it goes, I can see Aaliyah, possibly Kelebek and perhaps some of the montaged teens being put in a group together.
    Mitchell wasn't bad but wasn't exactly amazing.
    Enjoyed Michael's voice, again I wasn't bowled over.
    Really like Omar, he reminds me of the guy whose name now escapes me who was kicked out after Week 1 for a Twitcam incident