Options

[THEORY] How Amy was able to remember the Doctor.

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,066
Forum Member
✭✭✭
If Amy had been abducted as a child, her Ganger would have been the one that grew up with Rory. The Ganger was the one having all it's memories (of parents / Daleks etc) removed by the crack in the wall - whilst Real Amy merely observed it all happening, remotely from her pregnancy coffin.

When the Crack eventually closed, all memory of the Doctor was stripped from the known Universe.

Yet somehow Ganger Amy was able to remember everything (the stars / Rory / her Parents / Daleks & eventually even the Doctor) back into existence.

My theory is, that 'Ganger Amy' was able to remember it all, because 'Real Amy' was so far from the effects of the Cracks, perhaps in some other bubble universe - and remembered it all for her.

Perhaps the Doctor has suspected this all along? And it would certainly explain the sound of *a* Tardis materialising, the night Amy waited.

Perhaps this is when she was kidnapped? :eek:

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She wasnt kidnapped as a child. (Face Palm)
    it is clearly stated in confidential that the ganger Amy had been featured in episode 1-6.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rostaria wrote: »
    She wasnt kidnapped as a child. (Face Palm)
    it is clearly stated in confidential that the ganger Amy had been featured in episode 1-6.
    Did it say she had *ONLY* been featured in Episodes 1 - 6??

Me thinks we may have underestimated the scope of Moffat's vision from the outset.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't even hear it say she had been taken before Episode 1! :(

Also I don't think her being taken as a child is very likely, its not exactly the best storyline. Oh this happened aaaaaaaages ago but nobody noticed. I want clues damnit!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I want clues damnit!
    I think we have a few MASSIVE clues. The sound of *a* Tardis materialising, on the night Amy waited. (We never saw anything more of that scene, and the adult Amy *we know* has no knowledge of it, though she cleary reacted to it as a child.) The fact the Silence have been here for millenia and have Proto-Tardis's scattered across the Earth. (Craig's upstairs / the Corner of Jefferson & Adams to name but two.)

Me thinks I may have actually cracked it! :eek:
  • Options
    jonnyjackovjonnyjackov Posts: 2,384
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sh'boobie wrote: »
    I think we have a few MASSIVE clues. The sound of *a* Tardis materialising, on the night Amy waited. (We never saw anything more of that scene, and the adult Amy *we know* has no knowledge of it, though she cleary reacted to it as a child.) The fact the Silence have been here for millenia and have Proto-Tardis's scattered across the Earth. (Craig's upstairs / the Corner of Jefferson & Adams to name but two.)

Good point. I'd forgotten about that 'sound', or rather I thought it was answered last series at the end. I must have imagined that.

How do we 'know' Amy does not remember it. I really must pay more attention.:confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't a post-Pandorica Doctor arrive the night she waited and put her to bed before walking into the crack?
  • Options
    MinkytheDogMinkytheDog Posts: 5,658
    Forum Member
    Sh'boobie wrote: »

One problem..

The Doctor's Tardis makes that noise because he leaves the brakes on - it's "his" personal noise. If you heard that noise - it was the Doctor who was there.
  • Options
    TEDRTEDR Posts: 3,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One problem..

The Doctor's Tardis makes that noise because he leaves the brakes on - it's "his" personal noise. If you heard that noise - it was the Doctor who was there.

That sort of contradicts the evidence of a bunch of other episodes though — primarily most of them involving another Time Lord with a Tardis.

Anyway, I'm confident the relevant sequence of The Eleventh Hour was just a dream. The Tardis noise then wakes Amy, but appears in her dream first, as noises often do. The point of the dream sequence is: (1) to allow the Doctor to wake her at the last possible moment before her wedding, but still to show her immediate reaction; (2) to show that Amy is finally getting everything she's wanted since childhood. It's wish fulfilment.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    TEDR wrote: »
    That sort of contradicts the evidence of a bunch of other episodes though — primarily most of them involving another Time Lord with a Tardis.

New canon beats old canon - don't have to like it but if Moffat say the Tardis makes that noise for that reason, that's the way it is cos he's in charge.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One problem..

We still don't know if River was being serious though, or mistaken, or lying:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't a post-Pandorica Doctor arrive the night she waited and put her to bed before walking into the crack?

I thought we saw something like that, but then thought I must have imagined it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 96
    Forum Member

Yes...add to that...

In FAS the Doctor aksed her if she remembered what he told her when she was 7.

Then in TBB he told her the story of Something Old, something new, something borrowed , something blue which enabled her to remember him back from the other side of the crack.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 280
    Forum Member
    One indication why Amelia wasn't abducted, but rather adult Amy is the nature of the Flesh: It replicates, it doesn't mimic growth.

So it stands to reason that Amy was only abducted when she was grown up already.

Also, though we don't know the exact reason for her abduction (something about her, something about her travels with the Doctor?), it seems unlikely that she would have been of galactic interest prior to her journeys with the Doctor.

So, imo she was clearly abductec AFTER the 11th Hour. But I wouldn't be able to tell if it was in series 5 or only in series 6. I expect series 6, tbh, because I wouldn't see how the remembering part would work otherwise - even though I didn't like the "remembering into life" at all, so I might be overlooking something.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    We still don't know if River was being serious though, or mistaken, or lying:D

Except that she landed it without the noise and only explained about the brakes when he complained about it not being there.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21
    Forum Member
    Taken during TIA... mainly because the Ganger doesn't replicate growth ...and a laydee who is with child gets bigger between getting pregnant and giving birth. And GAmy kept her waistline through the six months between TIA and DotM ... That my friends is why we have the "six months later" at the start of DotM.

It is the age old writer device to explain away a passage of time required for the story to make sense... In this case Real Amy being ripe to pop at the midway finale.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    tuscan2410 wrote: »
    It is the age old writer device to explain away a passage of time required for the story to make sense... In this case Real Amy being ripe to pop at the midway finale.

Except when used in a sci-fi series where time travel is the central theme and lost memories and time are the current plot.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Except that she landed it without the noise and only explained about the brakes when he complained about it not being there.

Ah! Ok thanks. Another bit I have forgotten.

I really must watch them all again.

Edit: Okay, she does something wrong landing the tardis so it doesn't make 'the' noise. He picks her up on it and she uses the 'brakes' as an excuse cos she's embarrassed she cocked up the landing. I know I'm clutching at straws here lol but when my ex used to crunch the gears in her car, she always had an excuse to hand:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21
    Forum Member
    Except when used in a sci-fi series where time travel is the central theme and lost memories and time are the current plot.

Fair enough... but... how does that explain Real Amy with a watermelon up her jammies and GAmy in her size six jeans ?:confused:

Real Amy had to get replaced between 6 to 8 months earlier ... I think :D