Looking back at TIA

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 57
Forum Member
when the silence says, you must tell the doctor what he must know and what we must never know.... was the silence trying to warn the doctor??? in light of the new info that amy isnt amy... was the thing she had to tell him that she is a clone??

hmmm...

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 57
    Forum Member
    no one else??
  • JCRJCR Posts: 24,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    debog wrote: »
    no one else??

I think the 2 things were

1. She's pregnant.
    2. He's dead in the future.

The Silence weren't trying to warn the Doctor; it's a plan to bring the Silence. I think.
    Forum Member
    but why do they want to let him know shes pregnant? if not a warning then what?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,857
    Forum Member
    My own personal opinion is that the Amy in TIA is still the real Amy and the switch with the Flesh/Goo Amy doesn't occur until somewhere in Day of the Moon or when they have kidnapped her.

I also think there is another reason the Doctor went back to witness the creation of the Flesh - in light of the fact that the Doctor can very rarely cross his own time-line and we witnessed him die in the first episode of the series and that he hinted
    Doctor goo might survive the chemical explosion

I think he's been a right sly old dog.
  • *Eileen**Eileen* Posts: 9,881
    Forum Member
    TheSarge wrote: »
    My own personal opinion is that the Amy in TIA is still the real Amy and the switch with the Flesh/Goo Amy doesn't occur until somewhere in Day of the Moon or when they have kidnapped her.

In Confidential it was said that Amy has been a ganger for the whole of this series.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,857
    Forum Member
    *Eileen* wrote: »
    In Confidential it was said that Amy has been a ganger for the whole of this series.

OK scrap my last comment, hmmm i should really start watching Confidential on the day it's broadcast lol.

I still think the Doctor has known much more than he has let on and has been setting wheels in motion from the very beginning of the series.
  • JCRJCR Posts: 24,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    but why do they want to let him know shes pregnant? if not a warning then what?

Well the Doctor knowing presumably starts a chain of events that leads to the astronaut killing him, and silence falling.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,714
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Didn't it say since tia rather than the entire series? I was only half listening but I took it to mean that she had been Amy until that 3 month gap. That's when amy was swapped and when she said she was pregnant to the doctor its because it was the real amy.
  • etldlrletldlrl Posts: 6,162
    Forum Member

That might not be as exact as it sounds. It might have meant "since the first story of the series" not "since the start of the first story of the series".
    Forum Member
    i think the switch could have been time of the angels... next episode flesh and stone, the only water in the forrest is the river
  • MinkytheDogMinkytheDog Posts: 5,658
    Forum Member
    when the silence says, you must tell the doctor what he must know and what we must never know.... was the silence trying to warn the doctor??? in light of the new info that amy isnt amy... was the thing she had to tell him that she is a clone??

hmmm...

Perfectly good suggestion - Silence not being "bad" has been suggested in another context and your idea fits with that and takes it a step further

I tip my hat - top marks for original thinking :)

I can't say whether you are on the right track or not but right now - I'd be more inclined towards your notion than most others. Everything - even the Silence probing "Amy" could point to them trying to detect or prevent the birth rather than causing it - especially if you take all of the known events and try to sort them into a logical order.

Keep digging and see if you can flesh the idea out with more facts and pointers and post back.

Thanks - nice one.
    Forum Member
    i like the idea of them trying to 'stop' the birth... would work as an alongside trying to imprison the child.

who knows!

any other ideas along these lines would be good :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 78
    Forum Member
    i think the switch could have been time of the angels... next episode flesh and stone, the only water in the forrest is the river

But when Auton Rory shot Amy in TPO, if she was already a ganger wouldn't she have turned into goo?
    Forum Member
    nah, when jimmy got zapped he didnt go gooy... only the acid and sonic do the gooy thing it seems
    Forum Member
    but... in dotm when the little girl escapes why do the silence let her get away?? having kept her there? perhaps luring amy?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 422
    Forum Member
    TheSarge wrote: »
    I think he's been a right sly old dog.
    Are you hinting he created a ganger to die in his place?
    Because theirs no way the doctor would do that
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 76
    Forum Member
    Surely thats why The Silent didn't kill Amy in the bathroom?

He couldn't because she wasn't real and if he had then he would've interrupted the link with the real Amy who they are using in their plan (i.e the baby is something they need)