Madonna - The MUSIC Album (released Sept 19th 2000)...Discussion...

13»

Comments

• Pele-thefiregoddessPele-thefiregoddess Posts: 6,170
    Forum Member
    this is perhaps the best M album sonically.... it kind of represents all of her styles... and for many non M fans are their fave album.... it is so well produced....but the track-listing is a little bit misshaped..

reorder of track listing needed.... any ideas? the correct ingredients are there!
  • tortfeasortortfeasor Posts: 7,000
    Forum Member
    I'd liked the cover of 'American Pie' earlier in the year and had rushed out to buy the CD single. I then heard 'Music' for the first time in the summer of 2000 and couldn't wait for the album to be released. At the time it didn't disappoint and I even remember that Radio 1 was playing tracks from the album just before it was released. The song 'Amazing' really stood out.

My favourite album track is 'I Deserve It.' There is just something about it for me.

The videos were good. Madonna the cowgirl became one of the iconic looks for fans to dress up at her subsequent shows. There was a fuss about the video for 'What it Feels Like For A Girl' if memory serves and they wouldn't show it until after 9pm... same old story by that point when it came to Madonna's videos. However, it was a good video. The single remix was definitely of its time and as has been said earlier, that trance sound was everywhere in the early 2000s. For my part I preferred the album version. I liked a bit of trip hop around that time (still do) and I think there are elements of trip hop in the album version, which sold it to me.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tortfeasor wrote: »
    I'd liked the cover of 'American Pie' earlier in the year and had rushed out to buy the CD single. I then heard 'Music' for the first time in the summer of 2000 and couldn't wait for the album to be released. At the time it didn't disappoint and I even remember that Radio 1 was playing tracks from the album just before it was released. The song 'Amazing' really stood out.

My favourite album track is 'I Deserve It.' There is just something about it for me.

The videos were good. Madonna the cowgirl became one of the iconic looks for fans to dress up at her subsequent shows. There was a fuss about the video for 'What it Feels Like For A Girl' if memory serves and they wouldn't show it until after 9pm... same old story by that point when it came to Madonna's videos. However, it was a good video. The single remix was definitely of its time and as has been said earlier, that trance sound was everywhere in the early 2000s. For my part I preferred the album version. I liked a bit of trip hop around that time (still do) and I think there are elements of trip hop in the album version, which sold it to me.

Interesting mentioning re-order of tracklisting BFP.

Hmmm makes you think, i quite like the flow it has from more uptempo areas to a more midtempo, downtempo style.

And yeah tortfeasor i adore the Trip Hop of the album version...the video is amazing!
    And a cool story there...i know Radio 1 used to premiere album only songs in lead up for a Madonna album didnt they? For MDNA in the release week they only played Luvin on Hew Stephens show on the Saturday and that was it :/ wish they did it more but hey...i know Nick grimshaw did for RIhanna when Unapologetic was out and Scott Mills did for Lady gaga when Born This Way was out...so they still can do it....just annoying but at least they still do it...but memories of then :cool: thanks for sharing :)