Options

New Within Temptation Live Blu-ray / DVD

darkjedimasterdarkjedimaster Posts: 18,621
Forum Member
✭✭
Dutch symphonic rock band WITHIN TEMPTATION are thrilled to unveil a new live DVD/Blu-ray/2CD. ‘Let Us Burn – Elements & Hydra Live In Concert’ is set for release on November 14 and features two of WITHIN TEMPTATION’s most talked about arena shows ever. The two dates are 2012’s resplendent 15th birthday ‘Elements’ concert and the final night of the ‘Hydra’ European arena tour at Amsterdam’s Heineken Music Hall in May 2014. When it comes to the live experience, Within Temptation’s status is of a league extraordinaire. These two performances showcase every nuance of their fierce reputation plus stunning imagery and special FX, including even giant fire-breathing dragons!

In November 2012, WITHIN TEMPTATION challenged themselves to create one of their most impressive arena shows ever, to celebrate the band’s 15th birthday. The result was the one-off symphonic ‘Elements’ show, held at the Sportpaleis in Antwerp. A dazzling event with 15,000 fans, the band’s dream came to life. Newly inspired, the group went forth to write their critically acclaimed sixth studio album ‘Hydra’.

http://www.within-temptation.com/headlines/within-temptation-reveal-new-live-dvdblu-ray2cd-let-us-burn/

I have just pre-ordered the Blu-ray of this as I loved The Black Symphony Tour. :D

Comments

• Options
    TheTruth1983TheTruth1983 Posts: 13,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    15 years? Wow! Here's to another 15 :)

Must get this DVD.
  • Options
    Glawster2002Glawster2002 Posts: 15,211
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://www.within-temptation.com/headlines/within-temptation-reveal-new-live-dvdblu-ray2cd-let-us-burn/

I have just pre-ordered the Blu-ray of this as I loved The Black Symphony Tour. :D

Black Symphony is brilliant ansd a great starting point for anyone getting started with Within Temptation.

We went to the Elements show in Antwerp and it was a great night, although it wasn't known if if would ever make it to DVD/Blu-ray due to the cost.

So to have both Elements and Hydra in a single package is great news!! :D
  • Options
    sbeck201sbeck201 Posts: 137
    Forum Member
    Thanks for the news - ordered the BR/CD with anticipation. Saw them at the Zenith in Paris in 2011 and was hoping for a live release.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone been getting apologetic emails on a weekly basis from Backstreet Intl Merchandise ?.

This is the latest one I got today

Hello again

Its five weeks since you placed your order from the Within Temptation webstore.

Frankly, we`ve been a bit rubbish to be honest. And we`re very sorry about that.

We have still yet to ship the item(s) listed below.

We`re still having problems getting hold of your item(s) from the official suppliers. Given it has now been five weeks since you placed your order, we can either continue to try and complete your order or we could offer you an alternative or a full refund (including the shipping).

We`re not in the business of ripping anyone off so please contact our customer services team at the contacts below if you want to make any changes and we`ll sort it out immediately.

WTEMP154 Within Temptation Let Us Burn (Double CD + Blu-Ray - Live Album)

Apologies again,

David Shortland
    BSI Merch Customer Services Team
    Not sure what to quite make of this, seeing as the product doesn't even get released for about another 12 days. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I haven't preordered it (other releases have taken priority. I think I will ask someone to buy it for me as a Christmas present :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone been getting apologetic emails on a weekly basis from Backstreet Intl Merchandise ?.

This is the latest one I got today

Not sure what to quite make of this, seeing as the product doesn't even get released for about another 12 days. :D

I kept gwtting those which I also thought was odd because it wasn't due for release until yesterday!!

My copy duly arrived yesterday and it is superb!! Only had time to watch the Hydra show so far but will watch the elements show in the next couple of days which I'm really looking forward too!!

Roll on Bloodstock day tickets!! :D
  • Options
    sbeck201sbeck201 Posts: 137
    Forum Member
    Blu-Ray version arrived yesterday, a bit disappointed there's no Hi-Def sound, only Dolby stereo & 5.1.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I watched the Elements set last night and I'd forgotten just how huge that show was!! :D

Two really good shows on one blu-ray, well worth the money. The only dissapointment, as sbeck201 has said, is that it isn't in HD sound.

I wonder what they will do for the 20th anniversary. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Got mine on Monday and have seen it 3 times already. :D, as others have said it is a shame that the sound isn't in HD, but other than that I am so glad that I bought it as it is a great Blu-ray to have in the collection along with the excellent Black Symphony Tour.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Got mine this month. Was supposed to be a Christmas gift but Amazon or Royal Mail screwed up.

Have watched it a few times already as well as listened to the CDs :D

I do love how passionate about her music Sharon comes across on stage. She clearly loves performing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The more I watch/listen, the more I love the 2 acoustic songs from the Hydra show (Sinead and Whole World is Watching). I suspect they will definitely both make the set list on the theatre tour. Would love a DVD/CD of that too :D