STOP flicking to Ant & Dec during the performances!

Hogs HeadHogs Head Posts: 21,361
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Does this annoy anyone else?

We're trying to watch the performances like the Michael Jackson act (one of many many!) - but kept flicking to Ant & Dec pulling funny faces and making not-so-funny comments.

I WANT TO SEE THE PERFORMANCES - not Ant & Dec!

Rant over.

Comments

• SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like their input and find it funny :o
  • JimmyJoeJimmyJoe Posts: 17,883
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like Ant and Dec's reactions usually but it has been overdone a bit this time.
    Even their reactions couldn't save tonights show though! :D
  • EtherealEthereal Posts: 36,118
    Forum Member
    I like their input and find it funny :o

Same. :) It's great when it switches to get their reactions too.
  • Old BlokeOld Bloke Posts: 1,001
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There are far too many cutaways altogether. If it isn't A&D, it's the judges. If it isn't the judges, it's the audience. I suppose it is meant to add excitement, but I want to watch the acts, and I just find it intensely irritating that they only get about 20% of the performance actually broadcast.
  • trec123trec123 Posts: 4,419
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jimmyjoe hit the nail on the head - without them show's like last night's would be tedious at times - they've clearly had some horrendous auditions this year and A&D had to work hard to save the day, in Blackpool, especially, imo. It's obvious that the producers don't feel they got enough interesting acts from the audition stages.
    I have to be honest, if they weren't presenting, I wouldn't watch until the later stages - it's only their reactions that make the show entertaining, and they certainly make up for the annoying Piers and Amanda:p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    not at all.
    i love those two.
  • Rugby RoseRugby Rose Posts: 13,228
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The show would be frankly unwatchable without them. I love seeing their reactions.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,312
    Forum Member
    Old Bloke wrote: »
    There are far too many cutaways altogether. If it isn't A&D, it's the judges. If it isn't the judges, it's the audience. I suppose it is meant to add excitement, but I want to watch the acts, and I just find it intensely irritating that they only get about 20% of the performance actually broadcast.

I totally agree with you! Yes i do like A & D but we really dont need to see every persons reaction in the audience!! More footage of the acts and less of the audience and A&D and the bleedin judges!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 136
    Forum Member
    i think that ant and dec add to the show because they add comedy to it, tey are funny when they take the mick out of the bad acts. They tend to show them more when the acts are bad because they add the humour by pulling funny faces and taking the mick out of the acts.

I think its stupid when they flick to the audience.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't mind it cutting to them when the acts are getting boring and their input is funny, but when you're actually trying to watch someone talented do a dance / routine / whatever then it's really annoying when you miss half the performance just to see ant and dec making faces.
  • katiemackkatiemack Posts: 7,837
    Forum Member
    I like seeing their reactions IMO they make the show!
  • AKFEAKFE Posts: 6,875
    Forum Member
    I agree that we see far too much of Ant and Dec when the acts are on but I think the producers do this on purpose so we only get a taster of the performances and are keen to see more. And I think it works because I can't wait to see some of the acts I have loved.

Another reason they probably cut away to reactions from Ant and Dec, the judges and the audience is that some acts give everything they have at this stage so, if they do pretty much the same at the next stage of the contest, we will have seen it all. I know that doesn't say much for certain acts' versatility but the makers have to produce a watchable, entertaining show.

I think this tactic works. We surely won't get so much of Ant and Dec once the live performances are under way.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,173
    Forum Member
    i love the fact it flicks to them. especially during the opera singer last night with dec crying. they make me laugh
  • trec123trec123 Posts: 4,419
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I definately would have given up on Saturday's show if it weren't for them - and even they struggled to find things to laugh at, or rave over!
  • rayofsunshinerayofsunshine Posts: 5,310
    Forum Member
    Ant and Dec crack me up so much - their input is hilarious, and makes some of the acts...well...watchable!
  • dantvdantv Posts: 360
    Forum Member
    It is good with Ant and Dec's Input to the show
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So irritating!