The Last Leg with Adam Mills

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    He makes a good point,,,how do disabled people get on in prison,,ive never even thought about it:o:o.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great, spot on rant from Adam about the Kate Middleton pics, fantastic :D
  • ednwirelandednwireland Posts: 170
    Forum Member
    crowby1 wrote: »
    Great, spot on rant from Adam about the Kate Middleton pics, fantastic :D

yeh but seriously who cares
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tinkie wrote: »
    It's back to 1/2 hour tonight :mad:
    no its not:confused:
    Says: 21:30 - 22:20 (00:50) on my EPG.

My TV mag said 9.30 - 10.00, I will have to catch it when it is repeated in the week :mad:
  • planetsplanets Posts: 47,784
    Forum Member
    kudos to the guys with the way they handled the oscar pistorius news, Adam Hills was great i think they handled a very difficult news story well
  • fitziifitzii Posts: 2,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Excellent show so far ..the Pistorius story dealt with very well, well done.
    four horsemen of the apocalypse in frozen lasagne!
    Just stop being dicks!!
  • planetsplanets Posts: 47,784
    Forum Member
    fitzii wrote: »
    Excellent show so far ..the Pistorius story dealt with very well, well done.
    four horsemen of the apocalypse in frozen lasagne!
    Just stop being dicks!!

fab line!:D
  • Kolin KlingonKolin Klingon Posts: 4,296
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do hope this show is getting good ratings as it blows the socks off much of the crap that is on TV at the moment.
  • fitziifitzii Posts: 2,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Best show on at the moment, it was must see tv for me during paralympics too. Have it series linked to record just in case i go out and get life any friday night soon.
    Fantastic stuff.
  • far2coolfar2cool Posts: 6,334
    Forum Member
    I do love this show, it's very good :)

And Adam Mills is excellent
  • Patsey10Patsey10 Posts: 302
    Forum Member
    fitzii wrote: »
    Best show on at the moment, it was must see tv for me during paralympics too. Have it series linked to record just in case i go out and get life any friday night soon.
    Fantastic stuff.

Totally agree-got hooked on it during paralympics so I was chuffed to see it given a regular slot. Always plenty to put a smile on my face :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,856
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yeh but seriously who cares

I do, for one.

Well done Adam and the Team for the handling of the show tonight.
  • vixyvicvixyvic Posts: 13,416
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really like this show - the handling of the Pistorius news was excellent.
  • vixyvicvixyvic Posts: 13,416
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tinkie wrote: »
    My TV mag said 9.30 - 10.00, I will have to catch it when it is repeated in the week :mad:
    C4 +1?
  • Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member
    crowby1 wrote: »
    They got the balance right there definitely. Good work guys.

On timeshift and +1.
    I'll have to agree, really well handled, and spelled out loud and clear, it's not the time or appropriate to start cracking funnies.

Well done to Adam for telling the magazine editor to F'off, shame that's not spelled out loud and clear more often.
    Then again, I agree with his assessment so I'm biased.
    First I've heard about the Kate pictures though.

I'll have to Google this Chelsea bird.
  • JoooeJoooe Posts: 8,656
    Forum Member
    Brilliant episode tonight and I agree that Adam Hills was fantastic with everything he said.

The show seems to get better each week.
  • Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member
    rhumble wrote: »
    He makes a good point,,,how do disabled people get on in prison,,ive never even thought about it:o:o.

I was right that disabled prisoners would get a mention then.
    It's a question that 'needs' answering.
  • Rich Tea.Rich Tea. Posts: 22,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really do adore this show, and isn't it great to see some fresh faces on primetime terrestrial TV, such as Adam Hills and Alex Brooker. The style, the chemistry and the atmosphere of the entire show feels real, and the angle that the awkward Pistorious issue was tackled at was just about as decent and ideal as could be expected. After all, it must have been just about the least likely thing they thought they would have to address last week. Ten out of ten on the handling.

I think it now shows up other Channel 4 shows such as Alan Carr's Chatty Man as increasingly stale, formulaic, and peddling the same round of self promoting guests time and again.

Regards the mentioning of East 17 on tonights show, I wonder if any of them actually realise the meaning behind Stay Another Day, the Christmas No1 in 1994, written by Tony Mortimer about his brother who took his own life? Yes, they had fun with that song last week, and Adam Hills asked any members, or all to get in touch if out there watching, and maybe do a charity cover with charming Alex Brooker. It could be used to maybe raise money for Samaritans in the context of why the song was written, unless they were thinking disability charities.

But a lovely show, makes me smile, love the happy tone of it all, and just right on Friday night. Many more please!
  • Loz_FraggleLoz_Fraggle Posts: 5,756
    Forum Member
    Rich Tea. wrote: »
    I really do adore this show, and isn't it great to see some fresh faces on primetime terrestrial TV, such as Adam Hills and Alex Brooker. The style, the chemistry and the atmosphere of the entire show feels real, and the angle that the awkward Pistorious issue was tackled at was just about as decent and ideal as could be expected. After all, it must have been just about the least likely thing they thought they would have to address last week. Ten out of ten on the handling.

I think it now shows up other Channel 4 shows such as Alan Carr's Chatty Man as increasingly stale, formulaic, and peddling the same round of self promoting guests time and again.

Regards the mentioning of East 17 on tonights show, I wonder if any of them actually realise the meaning behind Stay Another Day, the Christmas No1 in 1994, written by Tony Mortimer about his brother who took his own life? Yes, they had fun with that song last week, and Adam Hills asked any members, or all to get in touch if out there watching, and maybe do a charity cover with charming Alex Brooker. It could be used to maybe raise money for Samaritans in the context of why the song was written, unless they were thinking disability charities.

But a lovely show, makes me smile, love the happy tone of it all, and just right on Friday night. Many more please!

I thought that, when they were joking about getting East 17 on, I thought umm really?!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rich Tea. wrote: »

I like the charity sentiment but any deep meaning Stay Another Day was originally meant to have was lost as soon as East 17 put on giant anoraks and started fawning around like idiots in the video.
  • konebyvaxkonebyvax Posts: 9,120
    Forum Member
    My favourite TV show at the moment. Got hooked on it after watching it whilst the paralympics was on and have really enjoyed every subsequent show. I guess it's what you could say is a surprise hit. Adam Hills was on great form last night.

PS WTF did Mills come from? :p
  • FroodFrood Posts: 13,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Excellent again last night.

They handled the Pistorious story as well as could be hoped (loved the line about Ch4 execs sat there with their sphincters doing the 5p/50p dance:D).

Jack Dee was really good.

Best line was Josh's cake baking promise.
  • f_196f_196 Posts: 11,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It gets better every week. Fantastic stuff.

Just hope they keep it at 50 minutes - it's so much better for it.
  • ErithianErithian Posts: 294
    Forum Member
    konebyvax wrote: »
    PS WTF did Mills come from? :p

I can only imagine those calling him Adam Mills are confusing him with Alan Mills, the former tournament referee at Wimbledon who was forever being dragged out to see what McEnroe was moaning about this time...
  • Purple-KiwisPurple-Kiwis Posts: 1,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love this show, and it has great timing as well because 8 Out of 10 Cats has really gone downhill. In fact many comedy panel shows have lost their charm, so it's great to see a new format. The way they handled the Pistorius issue was pretty classy, as with the Kate Middleton thing, This Morning could take some tips. Adam Hill has always been great, but he is especially marvellous on this.