• Purple-KiwisPurple-Kiwis Posts: 1,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wait, Adam Mills, is that his name?
  • candyfloss2000candyfloss2000 Posts: 1,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Erithian wrote: »
    I can only imagine those calling him Adam Mills are confusing him with Alan Mills, the former tournament referee at Wimbledon who was forever being dragged out to see what McEnroe was moaning about this time...

lol!! Absolutely brilliant which ever way you read it. This thread is class - the mods dont care that his name is bleedin' HILLS! Wait, is it Hills or Hill? Meh who cares....the dude with one leg is forever what I shall call him.
  • ClarkF1ClarkF1 Posts: 6,587
    Forum Member
    #isitok to sue them for falling off my chair with laughter and possibly bruising a rib

When they were talking about Josh eating Alex and Alex said go for breast rather than leg cause he might get a nasty surprise. That was hilarious.

Then Adam said it was the only meat that came with it's own toothpick. That had me on the floor. I had to pause it and control myself.

As has been mentioned, Pistorius stuff was handled well and Adam's response to the magazine was spot on.

The best thing is that ABC are showing it Down Under so they'll get to see his wrath :D
  • vixyvicvixyvic Posts: 13,416
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wait, Adam Mills, is that his name?
    Adam Hills :)http://www.channel4.com/programmes/the-last-leg
  • CoriakinCoriakin Posts: 112
    Forum Member
    I wasn't sure that the show would work outside of the Paralypmics but it has turned out to work very as a weekly show. I am glad they had extended the programme length.

The Pistorius story was handled tactfully and appropriately.

The story about the magazine was handled untactfully and with an appropriate rant.

Best line came from Josh about the four horseman of the apocalypse being baked into a lasagne.

Enjoyed the unintended of humour from Jack Dee and Adam being almost identically dressed.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,012
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I missed this and 40D is being really shit for me . How did they handle the Pistorious story what did they say?
  • candyfloss2000candyfloss2000 Posts: 1,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TOONARMY12 wrote: »
    I missed this and 40D is being really shit for me . How did they handle the Pistorious story what did they say?

Basically Hills said they would not make any jokes about it. And that it was devastating etc.
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    far2cool wrote: »
    I do love this show, it's very good :)

And Adam Mills is excellent
    striing wrote: »
    No - but someone would have to get the Mods to change the thread title to do anything about it.
    I've sent two alerts to the mods about the name. It doesn't seem as though they're bothered with changing it.
  • Rich Tea.Rich Tea. Posts: 22,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    crowby1 wrote: »
    I like the charity sentiment but any deep meaning Stay Another Day was originally meant to have was lost as soon as East 17 put on giant anoraks and started fawning around like idiots in the video.

I have a feeling that there were 2 videos for Stay Another Day at the time, the first being far more serious, and it was not even considered a Christmas song anyway, although a hit at that time of year hitting the top for 5 weeks, so at some point the video got changed into this second furry anorak version that is now the one remembered and joked over last week. I actually recall them all doing it on TOTP and all 4 of them were barechested underneath these thick coats hanging open around the piano, quite an odd look!

To be honest I couldn't see anything coming of it even if the original group got in touch. For a start I'm not sure they all like each other much anymore, plus with Comic Relief coming up, as Jack Dee's guesting mentioned, no doubt there will be a terrible charitable hit mash up from that getting promoted.
  • brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,081
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rhumble wrote: »
    I agree...i thought Adam handled that really well
    The Pistorious story itself, yes (and more or less as I predicted). I thought they made a mistake in following it with that summer athletics plug. The Pistorious story ended on a serious note, and the summer athletics was also joke-free, and the show really sank for a while and they struggled to get out of the dip. It's the first time I've seen them get the tone wrong.

Good show otherwise, though.
  • Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member
    It's a typo which most people have managed to ignore, lets go back to ignoring it.
  • kochspostulateskochspostulates Posts: 3,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    brangdon wrote: »
    The Pistorious story itself, yes (and more or less as I predicted). I thought they made a mistake in following it with that summer athletics plug. The Pistorious story ended on a serious note, and the summer athletics was also joke-free, and the show really sank for a while and they struggled to get out of the dip. It's the first time I've seen them get the tone wrong.

It was a bit like the time that HIGHFY did the Jimmy Savile episode. They kept the tone ok, mainly serious and addressed it quite well.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,505
    Forum Member
    'nother good show :)
  • ubermanuberman Posts: 2,221
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Erithian wrote: »
    I can only imagine those calling him Adam Mills are confusing him with Alan Mills, the former tournament referee at Wimbledon who was forever being dragged out to see what McEnroe was moaning about this time...

Or they maybe mixing his name up with Heather Mills? ;)
  • racol5racol5 Posts: 3,216
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Okay I'll go John Mills ;) Played the blind man in Frankenstein 1992
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 107
    Forum Member
    brangdon wrote: »

I thought they handled it very well. It would have been jarring to head right back into the jokes straight after discussing Pistorious. Leave that kind of thing for the One Show.

Speaking of which, I can't watch all those ads for Die Hard on TV at the moment without being reminded of Bruce Willis on the One Show, as reviewed by Charlie Brooker. One tired sigh after another.
  • WickedPlansWickedPlans Posts: 486
    Forum Member
    I was so impressed with last night's show.
    Very, very funny. Incredibly well handled approach to the Pistorious story and a brilliant response to the Middleton story.
    Long may the series run.
  • CrazyLoopCrazyLoop Posts: 31,148
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not been able to watch this episode yet as the subtitles are not showing up on 4OD :(

Might try watch it from my Mum's skybox lol :D
  • kochspostulateskochspostulates Posts: 3,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very, very funny. Incredibly well handled approach to the Pistorious story and a brilliant response to the Middleton story.
    Long may the series run.

I guess as he said, there are not that many famous people with artificial legs - so Oscar Pistorius must have been more of a hero to them than he was to most of us?
  • CrazyLoopCrazyLoop Posts: 31,148
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Finally have watched it now, the subtitles magically appeared during the second half or so.

My most favourite episode ever & love how they handled the news about Oscar, a big well done to them xx
  • Department_SDepartment_S Posts: 4,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Adam Hills has been a stand up star for some years now and only in last 6 months has come to the nations attention it seems.

This shows how good Hills is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtW-RtMJkwY
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Long may the series run.
    I thought they over did the Middleton story. Some people couldn't give a shit either way about the Royals so it was strange of him/them to go totally one sided on it.
  • boksboxboksbox Posts: 4,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Adam Hills has been a stand up star for some years now and only in last 6 months has come to the nations attention it seems.

This shows how good Hills is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtW-RtMJkwY

Those parts of the nation that never watch the likes. Of Mock The Week etc..
  • Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member
    boksbox wrote: »
    Those parts of the nation that never watch the likes. Of Mock The Week etc..

Aye, he's not a newcomer to many people.