New Tricks Series 11

FlukieFlukie Posts: 40,578
Forum Member
In my new TV mag, tjhe Coming Soon page has New Tricks on it.
August 1 is the first ep according to IMDB.

What's coming up:
The long-running crime drama returns for an 11th series as DCI Sascha Miller tackles more unsolves cases with her team of retired cops: Gerry Standing, San Griffin and Steve McAndrew.
This time round, the UCOS gang look into mysteries involving Greenham Common, the occult and the discovery of a time capsule.

Who's New:
Julie Graham plays Tricia, Steve's ex-wife, who turns up when their teenage son gets into trouble. Amy Nuttall is Gerry's daughter Caitlin who is getting married, and Clare Goose is Sascha's old acquaintaince DCI Mackie, who teams up with her to solve a case.
Guests coming under suspicion incluce Phil Davis, Nichola Stephenson, David Hayman and Niamh Cusack.

Again, going by IMDB which has about 6 of the titles up, Caitlin is in the first and last episode. Presumably her wedding will be the last one? Hope more of his daughters are in. I liked Paula. Gerry Jnr must be about 10 now!

Anyway, can't wait!

Comments

• Miss C. DeVilleMiss C. DeVille Posts: 6,025
    Forum Member
    Good, I look forward to this. Always have liked New Tricks. Hope it's as good seeing as we have lost some of the original actors.
  • timebugtimebug Posts: 18,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I continued watching after James Bolam left, as Alun Armstrong and
    Amanda Redman were still onboard;but with their departure and the
    arrival of the new Female Boss who can't act for toffee,and Nicholas
    Lyndhurst being very very wooden, I'm afraid that was it for me.
    Proof is in the repeats on the freeview channels.The original team
    had that elusive chemistry that makes these things 'work'.For me,
    the 'new' team, unfortunately, just don't seem to make it!
  • kayceekaycee Posts: 12,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thank you, Flukie, for the info.

One of my favourite shows, though I have to agree in some ways with Timebug; it's not the same without the original team. But realistically, both James Bolam & Alun Armstrong were getting too old even for a team of retirees, and Alun's character was getting too weird.

I really like 'Steve McAndrew' (sorry can't remember actor's name) but agree Nicholas Lyndhurst's acting is definitely wooden, though I like the "know-it-all" character he is playing.

Whatever it's short falls, I still look forward to new series, and hope rumour that it is to be the last series is untrue.
  • FlukieFlukie Posts: 40,578
    Forum Member
    kaycee wrote: »
    Thank you, Flukie, for the info.

One of my favourite shows, though I have to agree in some ways with Timebug; it's not the same without the original team. But realistically, both James Bolam & Alun Armstrong were getting too old even for a team of retirees, and Alun's character was getting too weird.

I really like 'Steve McAndrew' (sorry can't remember actor's name) but agree Nicholas Lyndhurst's acting is definitely wooden, though I like the "know-it-all" character he is playing.

Whatever it's short falls, I still look forward to new series, and hope rumour that it is to be the last series is untrue.

Denis Lawson.

And to be fair to Nick, he's probably playing Dan the way he was told to play him!

Hopefully this series he's a bit more comedic! lol
  • kampffenhoffkampffenhoff Posts: 1,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    timebug wrote: »
    I continued watching after James Bolam left, as Alun Armstrong and
    Amanda Redman were still onboard;but with their departure and the
    arrival of the new Female Boss who can't act for toffee,and Nicholas
    Lyndhurst being very very wooden, I'm afraid that was it for me.
    Proof is in the repeats on the freeview channels.The original team
    had that elusive chemistry that makes these things 'work'.For me,
    the 'new' team, unfortunately, just don't seem to make it!

Yes, I agree with you although I quite liked Steve, but NL put me off. Maybe he is supposed to be wooden but I didn't like it. I still watch the old repeats when I get the opportunity.
  • chrisii2011chrisii2011 Posts: 2,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cant wait
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 146
    Forum Member
    Hopefully this series is a lot better than the last one.
  • taurus_67taurus_67 Posts: 6,928
    Forum Member
    Delete: double post.
  • taurus_67taurus_67 Posts: 6,928
    Forum Member
    I suppose it might be too soon to hope for a guest appearance from either Amanda or Alun? Guests at the wedding perhaps?
  • phil solophil solo Posts: 9,669
    Forum Member
    Flukie wrote: »
    In my new TV mag, tjhe Coming Soon page has New Tricks on it.
    August 1 is the first ep according to IMDB.

Who's New:
    Julie Graham plays Tricia, Steve's ex-wife,

If she's a series regular that's probably killed it off for good - remember Survivors & Bonekickers? :p
    Forum Member
    Hopefully this series is a lot better than the last one.

There were, of course, a lot of changes in the last series. Settled cast this time. And hopefully good scripts.
  • BryanandLucBryanandLuc Posts: 1,056
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They should have killed it off when the original actors left
    We have all the original series on dvds, stands the test of time
  • kayceekaycee Posts: 12,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, I agree with you although I quite liked Steve, but NL put me off. Maybe he is supposed to be wooden but I didn't like it. I still watch the old repeats when I get the opportunity.

BiB : Maybe, but to be honest whenever I've seen him acting, in whatever role, his acting has been much the same.
  • chrisii2011chrisii2011 Posts: 2,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well it isnt 1st aug as the commonwealth is on then
  • Ben_PainterBen_Painter Posts: 489
    Forum Member
    Series 11 could begin on August 18th (Monday). The synopsis for the first episode has been officially revealed: http:// http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/proginfo/search?medium=tv&channel=&yearweek=&day=
  • Beautiful_HarvBeautiful_Harv Posts: 9,144
    Forum Member
    What happened to Amanda Redman? I only occasionally catch repeats on the alibi channel
  • ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What happened to Amanda Redman? I only occasionally catch repeats on the alibi channel

Doesn't she have an acting school and decided to concentrate on that. Hasn't Phil Davis been in it before ?
  • Ben_PainterBen_Painter Posts: 489
    Forum Member
  • catinabasketcatinabasket Posts: 707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Sorry, but the link doesn't work.:cry:
  • kampffenhoffkampffenhoff Posts: 1,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • catinabasketcatinabasket Posts: 707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Thanks a lot :)
    Forum Member

Interesting Dan's daughter leaves, so she wasn't in very long. And Nick says Dan's got no home life, so we clearly won't be seeing the daughter anymore in their home scenes.
    And we never did get to see the scene with her in bed with her boyfriend which was much mentioned in the last series!

Wonder when NT is back on screen. It was supposed to be August 1! The earliest it could be is the 18th.
    It'll probably start on Bank Holiday Monday!
  • mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,307
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Flukie wrote: »
    Wonder when NT is back on screen. It was supposed to be August 1! The earliest it could be is the 18th.
    It'll probably start on Bank Holiday Monday!
    It is listed by Radio Times as Monday 18th August at 9pm.
    Forum Member

She left because 10 episodes a series left her no time to do any other things - which was possible when it was 8 episodes. She said herself if there were less episodes a series she'd have stayed because she loved the job.
    It went to 10 episodes in 2010.
    Forum Member
    mossy2103 wrote: »
    It is listed by Radio Times as Monday 18th August at 9pm.

I didn't know that, thanks!