who else do they manage?
  • abrightyzabrightyz Posts: 24,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    aiden?
  • shaunnashinesshaunnashines Posts: 5,698
    Forum Member
    who else do they manage?

Aiden, Marcus...Alexandra as well I think.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    *Liya* wrote: »
    They're an awful label :(

I know nothing about them, but what is it that makes you think they would they be bad for jahmene?
  • Walter NeffWalter Neff Posts: 9,145
    Forum Member
    *Liya* wrote: »
    They're an awful label :(

Elvis didn't do too badly with them.:rolleyes:
  • Harry RedknappHarry Redknapp Posts: 4,422
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And elvis is relevant to todays rca, how?
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Total disaster if he signs to this label.
  • manderleymanderley Posts: 2,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    who else do they manage?

Rebecca Ferguson is with RCA.
  • soulloversoullover Posts: 1,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Will Young was with RCA, now left them though.
  • E05297535E05297535 Posts: 5,602
    Forum Member
    So wish he could have signed with Relentless.....but we'll see how he fares with RCA.....got to be a lot better than Syco!!!
  • manderleymanderley Posts: 2,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    E05297535 wrote: »
    So wish he could have signed with Relentless.....but we'll see how he fares with RCA.....got to be a lot better than Syco!!!

I think it may be a joint deal with RCA and Syco same as Rebecca and some others.
  • paulbaxpaulbax Posts: 2,478
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Horrible label in the uk. They done horribly with Leona and Alexandra's latest albums!
  • elasticloveelasticlove Posts: 18,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    RCA only seem able to focus on a small group of their acts at one given time, even if others are releasing material.
  • iamstrongiamstrong Posts: 867
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    who else do they manage?
    Ke$ha
  • shaunnashinesshaunnashines Posts: 5,698
    Forum Member
    RCA only seem able to focus on a small group of their acts at one given time, even if others are releasing material.

Basically the same as Syco...
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Basically the same as Syco...

Worse than Syco. They had Diana and Marcus on their roster but both eventually flopped. Ke$ha and Alexandra Burke are signed to them in the UK and both have seen dreadful promotion resulting in flops. JLS are now also signed to them and since even their popularity has declined. They are an atrocious label.
  • abrightyzabrightyz Posts: 24,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zack06 wrote: »
    Worse than Syco. They had Diana and Marcus on their roster but both eventually flopped. Ke$ha and Alexandra Burke are signed to them in the UK and both have seen dreadful promotion resulting in flops. JLS are now also signed to them and since even their popularity has declined. They are an atrocious label.

or as i've heard: no promotion
  • _elly001_elly001 Posts: 11,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think they're all-out terrible but they ARE very hit and miss. Apparently they don't have much money despite some fairly big acts on their books, but they are pretty loyal to the acts they do have, and are more likely to give them creative control than some of the other big labels.

With that said, I absolutely can't forgive them for failing to capitalise on how well-received Aiden's debut album was by critics, and the promotion they gave him was basically non-existent. They don't seem to be very good at pushing an artist's strengths, or keeping up momentum. It's ridiculous how long Aiden's (very strong) third single has been kept back since his album release - there's talk of it in being released in January despite the fact that Misty Eye was released months ago now.

I don't know how they'll do with Jahmene if the rumour is true, but I wish they wouldn't continue to sign XF acts when they're letting down the ones they do have. I expect they see him as a sure-fire bet, but they probably thought that about Marcus, and look how that turned out.
  • davedpgdavedpg Posts: 960
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    paulbax wrote: »
    Horrible label in the uk. They done horribly with Leona and Alexandra's latest albums!

They weren't much better with the people from American Idol
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    beepbeep77 wrote: »
    I know nothing about them, but what is it that makes you think they would they be bad for jahmene?

They have a very bad reputation for messing with their artists and getting it totally wrong :(

Edited to add, the only good thing about them is the artist has more creative control but thats about it
  • plankenheimerplankenheimer Posts: 452
    Forum Member
    I'm sure jahmene's manager will pick the right label for jahmene
    He has over 20 years of experience in the business
  • Daemon666Daemon666 Posts: 2,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sure jahmene's manager will pick the right label for jahmene
    He has over 20 years of experience in the business

I'm sure Jahmene's manager will choose the right label for Jahmene's manager. Anything else is up for discussion.
  • plankenheimerplankenheimer Posts: 452
    Forum Member
    Daemon666 wrote: »
    I'm sure Jahmene's manager will choose the right label for Jahmene's manager. Anything else is up for discussion.

If you know his manager like I do then you will know he will do what's right for Jahmene