Through The Keyhole remake

2»

Comments

• FM LoverFM Lover Posts: 50,830
    Forum Member
    Jason100 wrote: »
    I heard it would be hosted by Keith Lemon! :eek:

I have just had an e mail from The Applause Store.

Keith will be going into celebrities homes and taking the mickey out of their taste.

Recording 19 February at Teddington.
  • Souffle GirlSouffle Girl Posts: 200
    Forum Member
    Never liked Through The Keyhole the first time. Of all the programmes to remake! Still, it'll be cheap and easy to do so and I've no doubt that's all the powers that be have in mind when it comes to new/rehashed programming like this.

I dread to think what kind of morons they'll get on the new version. Alex Reid? Amy Childs? Urgh, no thanks!!!
  • FM LoverFM Lover Posts: 50,830
    Forum Member
    Never liked Through The Keyhole the first time. Of all the programmes to remake! Still, it'll be cheap and easy to do so and I've no doubt that's all the powers that be have in mind when it comes to new/rehashed programming like this.

I dread to think what kind of morons they'll get on the new version. Alex Reid? Amy Childs? Urgh, no thanks!!!

I should imagine all the ITV favourites will be on the show, basically anyone that's appeared in the last few series of I'm A Celeb, Dancing on Ice or X Factor

I can't see Keith adopting the Lloyd Grossman approach somehow and I'd imagine Keith with host and do the snooping on VT (that stands for video tape:D)
  • Ella NutElla Nut Posts: 9,016
    Forum Member
    I remember John McCririck (sp) on this and his house was a total dump and really small. Freddie Starr had naff tacky stuff everywhere, think corner suites and whirlpool baths all over the place. I loved it when it was someone you'd NEVER heard of and the panel had a tortuous time trying to identify them as the audience couldn't really help with the clapping and then when the "celebrity" was revealed there was a lot of "eh?" type faces. Comedy gold.

Yes, but is it safe to say that would have been some time in the eighties? When corner/whirlpool baths were all the rage? I certianly remember a lot of the houses on the show being quite "opulent", in that specific 80's way..... gold taps, huuuuuge grey leather couches with lots of peach cushions, lots of shag-pile rugs everywhere.

No minimalism in the 1980s that's for sure.
  • Jason100Jason100 Posts: 17,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    FM Lover wrote: »
    I have just had an e mail from The Applause Store.

Keith will be going into celebrities homes and taking the mickey out of their taste.

Recording 19 February at Teddington.

Why oh why Keith Lemon? :rolleyes:
  • Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If ever there were a programme you'd want to miss, it had to be that one.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,517
    Forum Member
    I did watch the odd episode of this programme, but there were so many people whose house was featured that I had never heard of. Didn't Stefanie Powers turn up in Hollywood and feature sometimes, and what was David Frost doing on a programme like this , had he been having problems paying the rent ?
  • MiresiaVertetaMiresiaVerteta Posts: 1,242
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember a lot of the celebs were people who were Equestrian stars...only known if you're a member of the Conservative party or a horsey type. Unless, that was their target audience on the ITV version.

I guess hearing this now, we're getting the Essex *****, Katie Price and Kerry Katatonia.
  • Mr TeacakeMr Teacake Posts: 6,593
    Forum Member
    I know the celebrities were quite obscure, but I really liked the homes that featured - typically pretty cottages with very traditonal interiors etc
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 429
    Forum Member
    They'd completely ran out of 'famous' people by the end. It wasn't just Z list celebrities. It was people who NO ONE had heard of! :eek:

The panel wouldn't have a clue and when it was revealed they'd go "oh yes, of course!".

When this was on I never realised that Sir David Frost is an unbelievably wealthy man. I thought he was just a presenter! They should go round his house!

http://www.christies.com/about/press-center/releases/pressrelease.aspx?pressreleaseid=4709
  • IzzySIzzyS Posts: 11,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jason100 wrote: »
    Why oh why Keith Lemon? :rolleyes:

Agreed - me and my family love Paul O'Grady but can't stand Keith Lemon. I remember Through The Keyhole, it was funny when they didn't recognise the person even after the silhouette disappeared and s/he was shown in full lol :D 'and here's...who's house...it is'. It used to be shown at lunchtime on BBC2 some years back, didn't it? I remember catching it sometimes when I was off on holiday.
  • Souffle GirlSouffle Girl Posts: 200
    Forum Member
    If ever there were a programme you'd want to miss, it had to be that one.

It was bloody dire. I used to watch it at my grandparents house because they had it on. It bored me to tears and I never knew who the celebs were even after the big reveal.
  • Hugh JboobsHugh Jboobs Posts: 15,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm fairly sure they used to tell the contestants exactly whose house it was beforehand. Certainly in the later stages of the show, when they only had complete z-listers on who nobody had heard of.

I remember seeing one where the house belonged to some semi-famous conductor. A conductor! And the contestants somehow managed to deduce that the house belonged to a conductor and get to the right answer!

Utter shite!
  • candyfloss2000candyfloss2000 Posts: 1,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    oh god, why are itv presenters all COMPLETELY appalling. I used to enjoy this show, easy viewing, great in the middle of the day - lloyd and snore-inducing frost - it was chilled, although i wont miss frost. Good heavens, he was absolutely terrible too. Coma time when he opened his gob.
    Forum Member
    I'm fairly sure they used to tell the contestants exactly whose house it was beforehand. Certainly in the later stages of the show, when they only had complete z-listers on who nobody had heard of.

I remember seeing one where the house belonged to some semi-famous conductor. A conductor! And the contestants somehow managed to deduce that the house belonged to a conductor and get to the right answer!

Utter shite!

I suspect they had a few clue cards hidden under the table , if not the actual name. One I do remember was a ballet dancer with a strange name like Brioni Briani or something. They did eventually get her , and when she came on they greeted her like old pals , Oh! Dear Briani. wonderful to see you ! The audience must have just as been baffled as the viewers.

Probable clues might have been a picture of Moscow in the front hall.. Ah Moscow , the Bolshoi Ballet.

I did like the sports people though . Kenneth Wolstenholme was featured, and had lived in the same bungalow for 30 years
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    in the later stages of the show, when they only had complete z-listers on who nobody had heard of.

In all my years of watching, the only time I ever worked out who the so-called celebrity was happened with Nora Sands, the dinner lady from Jamie's School Dinners. What a star signing! I think the video made a lot of overly helpful references to chefs, cooking and school. Perhaps there was a lot of dumbing-down for the more recent series...? The panel didn't guess her and when she was revealed, they were obliged to react with the likes of "Oh, of course!". Really they were probably thinking "Who the hell is Nora Sands?!"!
    Forum Member
    I must admit I've never heard of Nora Sands

They must have been really struggling for guests as they featured the old England cricketer , Ray Illingworth twice. Once at his home in Yorkshire and then a couple of years later at his holiday home in Spain. I think I did manage to get this one .
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There was also a spot of controversy during the second incarnation of the show! Exciting. Viewers saw the supposed home of former Bad Girls actress Antonia Okonma but the tabloids later revealed that it was just a flat she'd used for the show, preferring to keep her real home away from the cameras. Fakery on TV? Never!
    Forum Member
    SuperAPJ wrote: »
    There was also a spot of controversy during the second incarnation of the show! Exciting. Viewers saw the supposed home of former Bad Girls actress Antonia Okonma but the tabloids later revealed that it was just a flat she'd used for the show, preferring to keep her real home away from the cameras. Fakery on TV? Never!

If they did make another series, I wonder if they would not show the outside of the house in future. With Google maps it might be easy to identify a house if you knew approxiamately where it was
  • mrsmoosemrsmoose Posts: 2,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was looking forward to this as I love housey programs, especially stuff like cribs and celeb houses, until I've just found out Keith Lemon is presenting. I now hate it already:mad:
    I'm going to have to record it now and FF through his bits, although I expect there will be lots of "hilarious" "finds" in the house and bloody hyenas in the audience:mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,900
    Forum Member
    Anyone remember Dame Ednas Neighbourhood watch? Now that's the way to snoop round someones house - open their bedside drawer!:D
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    If they're just going to be snooping through Z-listers' houses then I'll give it a miss.
  • performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Keith Lemon should do the Lloyd Grossman role of looking round the houses! It would be worth watching then cause he'd just take the piss out of the properties. Surely nobody would be looking forward to taking the format seriously anymore??

It should be Keith Lemon's Through The Keyhole. And at the end he would say 'if I don't see you through 'week, I'll see you through...the keyhole!'

Yeah, I guess this was inevitable then and been planned for a while...

You just know Keith will use that catchphrase.
  • hoppyuppyhoppyuppy Posts: 10,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah, I guess this was inevitable then and been planned for a while...

You just know Keith will use that catchphrase.

And Kerry Katona and giant sex aids in the drawer, they must have directed the show by reading here first.:confused:
  • IzzySIzzyS Posts: 11,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DS have posted this article in relation to the new show:- https://twitter.com/digitalspy/statuses/306840047884316673
    Kerry Katona's secret stash of sex toys will reportedly be shown on a new Keith Lemon show: http://dspy.me/WiBmvY Just what we want to see!

Ugh, no thanks.