Options

Conclusion after episode 1 about simon cowell

2»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 461
    Forum Member
    I think the show is better without Cowell and his rude comments to the contestants and his hideous facial expressions whilst watching acts he doesn't like.
  • Options
    SherbetLemonSherbetLemon Posts: 4,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Definitely missing Simon Cowell. Michael McIntyre was suprisingly good, but the Hoff has got to go.
  • Options
    iloathedanniiiloathedannii Posts: 1,658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Definitely missing Simon Cowell. Michael McIntyre was suprisingly good, but the Hoff has got to go.

Sums it up for me, as well. I don't think that Hasselhoff is going to wear well at all once the novelty is gone.
  • Options
    sofieellissofieellis Posts: 10,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love Michael, but wasn't sure if he would be good on BGT, but he was absolutely brilliant - it's really nice to have some humour on the show, and he stole last week's episode for me.

I wasn't looking forward to the Hoff at all, but so far I'm liking him.

Amanda is so gorgeous and elegant, but she also has the compassion that's needed for a show like this. She is definitely the one that holds the three judges together at this point, and so far it's working wonderfully.

I found it very sad seeing footage of her when she was pregnant :cry:, I hope that she continues to recover well. :)

As a former avid Simon fan, no I didn't miss him at all. But I guess he won't want us to miss him, otherwise the money might dry up.
  • Options
    GJMCGJMC Posts: 272
    Forum Member
    I much prefer it now. Michael was really good and The Hoff is a loon but in a good way.
    I couldn't be doing with anymore of the contrived bulls**t. Simon stopping people mid song and suggesting they sing something else before they miraculously sing like a superstar and the camera pans to a smug Simon!
    Nope, definitely not missed by me!!
  • Options
    Beagle2Beagle2 Posts: 1,262
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sure Hoff will annoy me eventually, but I thought he was OK in the first episode. They all interacted well and I loved Michael McIntyre already, and thought he came out with some really good and funny comments.

I don't think the show 'needs' Simon Cowell. The X Factor might be different as I've always classed that as his show, but BGT has always been more about the acts more than the judges for me.

Anyone else love Hoff's comment about being born yesterday, but staying up all night? :D

(I know he didn't make the phrase up, but thought everyone's reactions to it were hilarious, especially Ant & Dec's!)
  • Options
    JaymaJayma Posts: 6,418
    Forum Member
    Starzz123 wrote: »
    The forum seems to be quite againt Michael yet I found him simply amazing! Maybe its because I'm seeing him for the first time or something but I have to see the new panel is really good!

The only problem at the moment no standout genuinley talented acts have been shown, hopefully that can change

Well, since your post, the poll about liking MM on BGT has shown that 86% of people voting on here like him, so many peope do agree with you, myself included. I found him more entertaining than the acts.
  • Options
    2011 is good2011 is good Posts: 1,340
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Simon just needs to come back!