Options

Michael McIntyre rescues BGT

Malc LondonMalc London Posts: 2,119
Forum Member
✭✭✭
How refreshing to see Michael McIntyre on BGT. Very funny, very sincere and he brings a whole new dimension to the show.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,356
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agree with this :)
  • Options
    tenchgirltenchgirl Posts: 11,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    very funny?????????? you sure?
  • Options
    Joel's dadJoel's dad Posts: 4,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tenchgirl wrote: »
    very funny?????????? you sure?

Im sure
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 509
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hardly. In fact ratings are down on the series openers previously, I do like him though.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,187
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I cant normally stand Michael McIntyre but I rather liked him as a BGT Judge. It worked for me.
  • Options
    BritBrit Posts: 945
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How refreshing to see Michael McIntyre on BGT. Very funny, very sincere and he brings a whole new dimension to the show.

Rescued? Could be wrong but I'm sure I've read somewhere that the ratings a million down on last year....if you think that's rescued I would hate to see how bad it needs to be before you think it's poor! :)
  • Options
    CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The whole 'McIntyre makes a child cry' was so incredibly overblown.

Brit wrote: »
    Rescued? Could be wrong but I'm sure I've read somewhere that the ratings a million down on last year....if you think that's rescued I would hate to see how bad it needs to be before you think it's poor! :)

That indicates that people were put off by last year ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CD93 wrote: »
    The whole 'McIntyre makes a child cry' was so incredibly overblown.

That indicates that people were put off by last year ;)

LOL hilarious AND a great point, you're a keeper! :D
  • Options
    rated_2000rated_2000 Posts: 2,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    michael mcintyre was the only good thing about saturdays show!

i usually dont like him and i wasnt happy when he was hired to judge but he done very well in my opinion

the hoff was total cack

amanda was her usual insincere self

even ant and dec seemed uninterested
  • Options
    Pliny the ElderPliny the Elder Posts: 2,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Michael McIntyre was pretty good on this and really was the only saving grace of the show.

It goes to show that you need at least one judge to be a bit of a "baddie". They haven't got that this time around. ITV are going to rue the day that Simon Cowell left the show and they are going to regret it even more on the X Factor.
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Michael was bordering on scared when rejecting acts that came before him. If he was less hesitant he'd be okay.

Edit: There seems to be quite a few Michael fans here.
  • Options
    ScoreScore Posts: 17,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Brit wrote: »

Except the ratings are not down by a million. They are down by 0.19 million and it was the second highest rated BGT launch ever. The problem is that this year is the first year that ITV1+1 has been avaliable, which added half a million to the ratings on Saturday. BGT launch ratings have been:

2007: 4.9m
    2008: 8.8m
    2009: 10.3m
    2010: 10.6m
    2011: 10.4m
  • Options
    purpletoonlinkpurpletoonlink Posts: 269
    Forum Member
    Maybe he didn't rescue the show in terms of ratings, but I certainly thought he was funny enough to help make the show better than much of what we saw last year. The 'anyone can make a Liverpool audience sing The Beatles' joke was amazing, his reluctance to press the buzzer because it wasn't nice made me laugh several times and the joke of buzzing the comedian kid going wrong was hilarious.

Michael McIntyre isn't my favourite comedian - but I'm glad he's on this show.
  • Options
    BroadwayBabyNYBroadwayBabyNY Posts: 2,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/BroadwayBaby/Humor/Clap.gif
  • Options
    soapfan_1973soapfan_1973 Posts: 3,624
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I too had reservations about him being a judge as I don't usually go for his style of comedy but I thought he was extremely good as a judge. He comes over as someone who is very sincere and actually cares about what he is seeing in front of him. I think the reason he was hesitant to press the buzzer could be the fact he wanted to give each act a decent amount of time rather than just buzz them off within the first few seconds.

The only criticism I have would be the way he would turn his chair towards the audience whilst passing comment although this could possibly be down to him used to having an audience in front of him to gauge reactions from.

All in all I look forward to the rest of this season and am not missing Simon or Piers at all.
  • Options
    MikePJBMikePJB Posts: 5,514
    Forum Member
    I'm not sure I like him on the panel. I had tickets to the auditions and he constantly trying to joke all the time. Was getting annoying, trying a little too hard.
  • Options
    hippychickxxxhippychickxxx Posts: 1,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i agree with the OP the first show was dire, michael was the only talent on show :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure how ratings work, but surely his performance during the show is not going to affect the ratings at all? It was the first episode, so it's not like people have tuned in to watch after seeing him in previous episodes? I know it was advertised that him and David would be judging and that may have influenced some viewers to watch, but it is NOT his performance during the show that could have affected ratings for the first episode.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 121
    Forum Member
    loobs40 wrote: »
    I'm not sure how ratings work, but surely his performance during the show is not going to affect the ratings at all? It was the first episode, so it's not like people have tuned in to watch after seeing him in previous episodes? I know it was advertised that him and David would be judging and that may have influenced some viewers to watch, but it is NOT his performance during the show that could have affected ratings for the first episode.

I was thinking this exactly :confused:
    Surely the bad ratings are the fault of last year
    I don't know why the bad ratings are being blamed solely on Mcintyre, well, the panel choice in general