Corrie Spoilers: All You Need To Know

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How are Sophie & Sian meant to be getting married in church? Civil ceromonies are not currently permitted to take place in any religious setting.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,575
    Forum Member
    Marie123 wrote: »
    How are Sophie & Sian meant to be getting married in church? Civil ceromonies are not currently permitted to take place in any religious setting.

They can be if the church agrees. Sophie and Sian joined a liberal church who have no problem with gayness, and obviously the priest agrees to let them have it there.
  • jagged_deathjagged_death Posts: 8,652
    Forum Member

You are wrong, the law has been changed since May 2011. Any church or other religious establishment that wishes to hold a CP cermony is allowed to. This amendement to the law was made in response to request from some religious groups who wished to be able to conduct CP cermonies, these included the Quakers, Unitarians and Liberal Jews. Please would people stop posting this "fact" or asking the question over and over.

S/S can have CP in any church that is willing to marry them, and it being Manchester I am sure they would be able to find a gay-friendly church wiling to marry them.
    Forum Member
    You are wrong, the law has been changed since May 2011. Any church or other religious establishment that wishes to hold a CP cermony is allowed to. This amendement to the law was made in response to request from some religious groups who wished to be able to conduct CP cermonies, these included the Quakers, Unitarians and Liberal Jews. Please would people stop posting this "fact" or asking the question over and over.

S/S can have CP in any church that is willing to marry them, and it being Manchester I am sure they would be able to find a gay-friendly church wiling to marry them.

We know they're in a gay friendly church. Remember they found one after their last priest kicked off at them for being gay last year?
    Forum Member
    kittykat30 wrote: »
    We know they're in a gay friendly church. Remember they found one after their last priest kicked off at them for being gay last year?

Yes, so people saying it is unrealistc is annoying. I wonder what church they will film in, I imagine that not alot of churches would be happy to let them film such scenes on their premises.
    Forum Member
    Yes, so people saying it is unrealistc is annoying. I wonder what church they will film in, I imagine that not alot of churches would be happy to let them film such scenes on their premises.

One that's liberal and needs the money lol

Though with it being an aborted wedding most churches would be eager to show gay marriage ends in tears :eek: UK soaps never have good gay marriages, they either end during or just after the ceremony, or the marriage ends within months.
  • 1ncognito1ncognito Posts: 654
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    UK soaps never have good gay marriages, they either end during or just after the ceremony, or the marriage ends within months.

So just like straight soap marriages then?
    Forum Member
    1ncognito wrote: »
    So just like straight soap marriages then?

No, you have loads of straight ones that go well and last a good while on Soaps. Considering there has been so few it stands out. I can't think of one gay wedding/marriage that has gone well. Something always goes wrong. Though it is a first to have this kind of drama. Sophie is getting the drama at a young age lol.

Looks like this is the big christmas storyline, along with Peter/Leanne/Carla. A lot tears and fighting I see coming at christmas.
  • jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A civil partnership is called a marriage by the people involved, and they also call them weddings..................

Yes, I did know that...it was the venue I was questioning.

That's fine, now I know. But you'll have to forgive the, roughly, 95% of the population who didn't know that. So why shouldn't people ask about it?
    Forum Member
    No mention of Katy giving birth over christmas yet. And most if not all of the christmas spoilers have been released as they have already been filmed now.

So could she be before or after christmas? it does look like the shows triangles are the big drama over christmas.
  • dulliredullire Posts: 20,152
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No mention of Katy giving birth over christmas yet. And most if not all of the christmas spoilers have been released as they have already been filmed now.

So could she be before or after christmas? it does look like the shows triangles are the big drama over christmas.

Gary and Chesney have been pictured in elf outfits cycling to the hospital, will he make it to the birth in time?(the old soap cliché, maybe she goes into labour a few days early)
    Forum Member
    jsmith99 wrote: »
    Yes, I did know that...it was the venue I was questioning.

That's fine, now I know. But you'll have to forgive the, roughly, 95% of the population who didn't know that. So why shouldn't people ask about it?

Because its been asked and answer lots of times already. Also 95% of the population remember they weren't allowed by failed to pick up on the law changing or did they just assume that was the way?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Because its been asked and answer lots of times already. Also 95% of the population remember they weren't allowed by failed to pick up on the law changing or did they just assume that was the way?

Sorry, I've no idea what your last sentence means. However, could you provide a link to your statement that the law's already been changed.

These source, all November, say religious premisies should be able to apply by the end of the year.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/latest/2011/11/02/same-sex-weddings-plan-for-churches-115875-23532452/

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/8320705/Gay-marriages-to-be-allowed-in-church.html

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/gay-weddings-to-be-allowed-in-church-1915467.html
    Forum Member
    dullagj2 wrote: »
    Gary and Chesney have been pictured in elf outfits cycling to the hospital, will he make it to the birth in time?(the old soap cliché, maybe she goes into labour a few days early)

Oww I haven't seen those pics. If it is to the hospital then the elf costumes are a dead give away it is near christmas :D
  • Tass BTass B Posts: 1,594
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oww I haven't seen those pics. If it is to the hospital then the elf costumes are a dead give away it is near christmas :D

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2055132/Coronation-Street-spoilers-Chesney-Gary-dress-elves-Christmas-episode.html

Here's the pictures of Gary and Chesney dressed up as elfs!
    Forum Member
    jsmith99 wrote: »
    Sorry, I've no idea what your last sentence means. However, could you provide a link to your statement that the law's already been changed.

These source, all November, say religious premisies should be able to apply by the end of the year.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/latest/2011/11/02/same-sex-weddings-plan-for-churches-115875-23532452/

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/8320705/Gay-marriages-to-be-allowed-in-church.html

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/gay-weddings-to-be-allowed-in-church-1915467.html

They could be having a blessing type ceremony and not an actual legal civil partnership, they can happen in churches at their permission.

It's irrelevant anyway as they don't get married :p
    Forum Member
    Tass B wrote: »

Thanks :) But that doesn't say it's about the baby. I suspose it could be.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Our Niall wrote: »
    Apart from Sally :p am I the only who thinks Sophie and Sian getting married is absolutely ludicrous? :eek:

Me too and in a church, didn't know that was possible
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They could be having a blessing type ceremony and not an actual legal civil partnership, they can happen in churches at their permission.......

If you say so. However, it would be nice if jagged-death returned to explain this:

On the other hand, it does seem strange if Corrie are actually filming a CP ceremony in a church, whether, on the day, it takes place or not.

Anyone have any definitive knowledge about this?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Actually as a Family Law trainee I can tell you that you are wrong. There has indeed been a recommendation made that churchs may carry out civil cermonies if they so choose to do so. However this legislation has not yet been passed, it is expected to come into force in early 2012. It is at the moment still not permitted to have a civil ceromony in any religious setting.
    Forum Member
    But you can have a blessing with the places permission. This must be what the wedding is. It could be Sally and Sophie compromise on a blessing for now and they can have a legal civil partnership in a registary office when they are old enough. Because Sally said no to a legal marriage because she's not old enough, and they try to elope and get talked out of it. So to stop them running off Sally may agree to a blessing of their relationship. Which is basically what Roy/Hayley got years ago and they weren't legally married but emotionally married at least.

But it's all irrelevant because they don't get married in any form anyway.
    Forum Member
    Actually as a Family Law trainee I can tell you that you are wrong. There has indeed been a recommendation made that churchs may carry out civil cermonies if they so choose to do so. However this legislation has not yet been passed, it is expected to come into force in early 2012. It is at the moment still not permitted to have a civil ceromony in any religious setting.

Well you must be right then. Not the information I have but not worth arguying aboug. Personally, I disagree with legislation and think that religions should not be able to conduct CP cermonies. If people want that they should have a blessing instead. Religion shouldn't be involved in marriage.

Although I think that some are dissapointed that religious organisation are not the bastions of homophobia they hoped they were. But don't worry only a few are liberal most continue to be anti-gay.

I'm dissapointed that this CP will be held in a church, I've found the religious aspect of Sophie one of the least believable and likeable parts of her character.
    If you say so. However, it would be nice if jagged-death returned to explain this:
    Perhapse you should ask the "family law trainee" instead of demanding my return.
    Forum Member
    BTW would Sally splash out on a "blessing"? I wouldn't buy a new dress to go to a blessing, hell I wouldn't get out of my bed for a blessing even if I had a spare dress to wear. There would have to be a sit down meal for me to go to a "blessing" - not a tatty buffet. Seems like a pointless waste of time and money for it just to be a blessing.
    Forum Member
    BTW would Sally splash out on a "blessing"? I wouldn't buy a new dress to go to a blessing, hell I wouldn't get out of my bed for a blessing even if I had a spare dress to wear. There would have to be a sit down meal for me to go to a "blessing" - not a tatty buffet. Seems like a pointless waste of time and money for it just to be a blessing.

Sally was happy to pay for a party for their relationship lol. We'll know soon enough,
    Forum Member
    Sally was happy to pay for a party for their relationship lol. We'll know soon enough,

Well a party looked pretty cheap compared to this affair and everyone will probably think of it like a wedding.