Options

James Arthur's Arrogance.

Comments

• Options
    len112len112 Posts: 4,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    goroos1994 wrote: »
    How come not many people seem to have picked up on James Arthur's arrogance? When the judges give their comments, he never looks them in the eye, just looks to the ground. I don't like his attitude.

I think perhaps you don't like him and won't like him whatever he does short of setting himself on fire on stage which you would probably call "typical arrogant attention seeking behaviour"
  • Options
    RecordPlayerRecordPlayer Posts: 22,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    goroos1994 wrote: »
    How come not many people seem to have picked up on James Arthur's arrogance? When the judges give their comments, he never looks them in the eye, just looks to the ground. I don't like his attitude.

Well tough! :p

I like James. I think he's great. I don't understand why people make threads about people they don't like. Weird.

Anyway, as the saying goes "It's better to be talked about than be ignored" :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,030
    Forum Member
    That's not arrogance, he's a little bit shy/unsure of himself.

I agree with this post i am getting abit fed-up with all the threads about james and also jahmene if people don't like them fair enough but name-calling and saying things which are down right rude is out of order :(
  • Options
    mrsgrumpy49mrsgrumpy49 Posts: 10,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh pleeese.... Enough with the shy/lacking in confidence stuff. This guy didn't come from nowhere, he has a band - so not exactly green
    http://bandcrusade.com/the-james-arthur-band
    http://www.jamesarthurband.com/
  • Options
    TiffaniTiffani Posts: 5,444
    Forum Member
    Sun Tzu. wrote: »
    He is probably one of the most genuine people in this series. What you see is truly what you get. Unlike Christopher Maloney who is trying to bullshit his way to success.

I agree with you, I think he was on the verge of tears and trying to control himself, rather than being arrogant.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh pleeese.... Enough with the shy/lacking in confidence stuff. This guy didn't come from nowhere, he has a band - so not exactly green
    http://www.jamesarthurband.com/

Believing in your work (music) doesn't mean you're arrogant.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Believing in your work (music) doesn't mean you're arrogant.
    Where did I say I thought he was arrogant?
    Come on - please quote me - I'm fascinated. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 295
    Forum Member
    Seems like there is still quite a few people on this forum who cant let go the fact he called them out for being the nasty, personal, keyboard warriors they are. Some of the personal digs and attacks at him make what he said pretty mild to be honest.

Hes not arrogant, the only time he is brimming with confidence is when he gets lost in his music and performance. He lets it take over him completely, which is why some people may see him as a tad over dramatic. Its as though when he stops he realizes where he is again, and is waiting to be put down, and then surprised when he isn't.

Its funny, i am a teacher and yet lack so much confidence its unreal. But when i go into a classroom i got lost in a subject im passionate about and i seem to have all the confidence in the world! James is a star, i don't think he will win but he will be around for a long while yet.
  • Options
    mysty211mysty211 Posts: 4,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think he's arrogant he's probably just a guy who keeps to himself most of the time and doesn't show his emotions and that comes across badly.
  • Options
    bossoftheworldbossoftheworld Posts: 4,941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't see it at all.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member
    Apparently if you're slightly introverted or unsure of yourself; you're arrogant or autistic; two of the most talented performers in the competition are being labelled because they're a bit shy/self conscious?

I'll never get why people take one feature of someones personality and proceed to label them with all sorts of traits.

Would you immediately call someone feisty out and say they need anger management?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Apparently if you're slightly introverted or unsure of yourself; you're arrogant or autistic;
    I have no idea about the supposed arrogance but let's be done with the shy /unsure bit already :rolleyes:. The subject of this thread is a seasoned public performer. Sigh...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member
    I have no idea about the supposed arrogance but let's be done with the shy /unsure bit already :rolleyes:. The subject of this thread is a seasoned public performer. Sigh...

Yeah maybe he's more secure in a band than just by himself? In his band; he's not being critiqued at the end of each performance, he's performing to people who possibly paid to see it so are fans.

You can be confident in performance but be introverted in personality. Poor example here but; Even Beyonce has said she has a different 'stage persona' to stop her getting nervous.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,809
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ambassador wrote: »
    Clearly you've not met many folk from Middlesbrough. The toxic gas that surrounds the town makes them all a bit weird :D

The only problem is, is that he's not from Middlesbrough. He's from Saltburn by the Sea. They have to say Middlesbrough for the poor folk who didn't do geography at school. ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where did I say I thought he was arrogant?
    Come on - please quote me - I'm fascinated. :rolleyes:

I didn't say you said he was arrogant. It was a general comment I made not a criticism....on a thread about James's arrogance.

I'd been listening to the music you posted in the link, again.:)
  • Options
    Contains NutsContains Nuts Posts: 2,112
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hard person to work out thus a bit of a marmite character. Didn't do himself any favours by mouthing off and I wouldn't be surprised to see another tantrum somewhere along the line. Good singer but I'm not sure he's made for this game.
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sun Tzu. wrote: »
    He is probably one of the most genuine people in this series. What you see is truly what you get. Unlike Christopher Maloney who is trying to bullshit his way to success.

Unlike James, Christopher is a proper singer who does not need sub-titles
  • Options
    rbdcayrbdcay Posts: 12,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well tough! :p

I like James. I think he's great. I don't understand why people make threads about people they don't like. Weird.

Anyway, as the saying goes "It's better to be talked about than be ignored" :D

I don't see what s so weird. How is James or any other contestant above criticism. Must very thread be an appreciation thread? If that was the case we'd be bored to tears.

Look I don't like James and yes it sometimes cut to the bone when people pick on his looks ( not for me as I don't care) but a lot of sense can be seen in ignoring a negative thread about James if it gets you riled. Anyway opposing views are gems for discussion so I don't see anything weird about starting a slating thread.

I am afraid role on the X factor have put themselves up there to be judged and James in particular can't take judgement.

And for anyone who brings up his DS rant and try to slate those who don't like James because of this need to stop hiding behind that sorry excuse.
  • Options
    KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kye seems very arrogant and unable to accept criticism.
  • Options
    rbdcayrbdcay Posts: 12,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    KieranDS wrote: »
    Kye seems very arrogant and unable to accept criticism.

I agree and his whole arrogance of choosing his own songs and seemingly songs for others ( district 3 I think) shows he thinks himself a bit too good for X factor.
  • Options
    threecheesesthreecheeses Posts: 23,936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He comes across as a bit flippant after his performances.

I'm not overly keen on him, although he was better this week than last, I have concerns that his anger/pain performances may end up like a scene from Fifteen Million Merits :eek:
  • Options
    abrightyzabrightyz Posts: 24,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    personally i enjoy his performances. better even with just the audio. i don't care how he creates his sound, by looking like he's having a heart attack or not, it's all about the music, i get it, it gets me, full stop.
  • Options
    JumbobonesJumbobones Posts: 1,814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    from the title of the thread, I thought he had brought out an aftershave!
  • Options
    LunarLegendLunarLegend Posts: 3,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How long will it take the judges to pick up on his arrogance?

Gary gave him very constructive critique on the first week and James said on Xtra Factor that Gary must think he is a threat, he can't take criticism and he thinks he is better than he really his.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,550
    Forum Member
    he looks like he was on drugs at some point in his life...

Dreammaster....that was the single funniest comment I have ever read on Digital Spy in all the years I have been on here.

I actually almost choked on my chicken and leek cup a soup. I actually burst out laughing...thankfully I managed not to spurt it over my laptop and also managed to escape scalding myself...it is now sitting safely on my Little Miss Chatterbox coaster.

How on earth did you come to that conclusion....how can you tell from looking at him on a Saturday night that he was on drugs at some point in his life???? :confused:

Which part of his life was it that you think he took drugs and what method did you use to come to that conclusion....

Such a random comment and soooooooo funny!!! :D:p