Your perfect 2013, (Dr Who wise at least...)?

2»

Comments

• Tom TitTom Tit Posts: 2,554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gwalker94 wrote: »
    What I'd like would be a poll to find the top 50 stories, like the one DWM did in 2009 but this time have a programme to tie in with it, interviews with the actors who appeared in them, lots of clips, that sort of thing. A few good documentaries would do me.

And, of course, the return of Ian Chesterton.

You do like Top 50s :p Seriously though, I'd like to see a programme like that too - as long as it isn't weighted too heavilly towards the modern show.

And Ian Chesterton is the only character i would like to see reprised (okay, Romana too :rolleyes: Okay, and the Meddlink monk); he would be perfect for the 50th. And whilst you've still got a great actor like William Russell it seems crazy not to use him.

I have a big doubt it will happen though because Moffat really isn't a fan of the Hartnell era.
  • sovietusernamesovietusername Posts: 1,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tom Tit wrote: »
    Amy Pond to get lots of naked screentime.

Yes, definately, that would make my year
  • king yrcanosking yrcanos Posts: 2,145
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jan- March Series Seven Episodes 7-14
    Sep-Nov 1st half of anniversary
    Nov 23 2013 A good 90-100min special (The Four Doctors)
    25 Dec Christmas special
    Throughout the year show repeats of well known and liked stories from each doctor
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 241
    Forum Member
    Tom Tit wrote: »
    You do like Top 50s :p Seriously though, I'd like to see a programme like that too - as long as it isn't weighted too heavilly towards the modern show.

And Ian Chesterton is the only character i would like to see reprised (okay, Romana too :rolleyes: Okay, and the Meddlink monk); he would be perfect for the 50th. And whilst you've still got a great actor like William Russell it seems crazy not to use him.

I have a big doubt it will happen though because Moffat really isn't a fan of the Hartnell era.

Heehee indeed I do :P
    Indeed! Especially as he mightn't be around for much longer (WHAT! HE'LL LIVE FOREVER!)

Yah boo hiss Moffat etc.
  • ShoppyShoppy Posts: 1,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Perfect for me would be...

S7, Eps 7.6 - 7.13 (7.11 will be episode 100, Moffs 40th) before Easter

- 3 additional bank holiday specials ( Easter and 2 in May)

Series 8, 13 eps, August 24th - Nov 16th
    50th anniversary special on Nov 23rd

2013 Xmas special (Moff bows out equalling Davies 60 episodes)

Though what I'm expecting is series 8 split either side of xmas again , maybe with 8 eps in each half, and an anniversary special in there as well.

It's supposed to be the biggest production run in the history of the show and it wouldn't be right to have less in the autumn of the anniversary years than we've had this autumn when the schedule has just been changed to facilitate winter broadcast.

Moffat said something like ... "There will be more episodes than those 8, but these are the ones we're making now" .

I've got a sneaking suspicion Moff's just going to work through until he equals Davies' 60 episodes and then anything could happen,

- A haiatus after Moffat leaves to facilitate a movie production.? - BAD

- Series 9 starts in August 2014 or early 2015 with Toby Whithouse as showrunner and Damien Molony as the Doctor? - GOOD
  • Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    I don't know. I think it'll be more like Series 7 - 14 episodes and then maybe 4 or 6 2013 specials which will be like an extension of Series 7 like the 2009 specials were an extension of Series 4 and then maybe a Whithouse/Molony (assuming either guy wants to be new producer/12th Doctor) Series 8 in 2014.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shawn_Lunn wrote: »
    I don't know. I think it'll be more like Series 7 - 14 episodes and then maybe 4 or 6 2013 specials which will be like an extension of Series 7 like the 2009 specials were an extension of Series 4 and then maybe a Whithouse/Molony (assuming either guy wants to be new producer/12th Doctor) Series 8 in 2014.

Might even be something like that in late 2013 and then Moff could stay on another year to equal Davies' run and new team .... whoever it may be, (If not Whithouse I'm for Howard Overman). ... take over in 2015?

I'm still crossing every digit on my body hoping for a full anniversary series though, but realistically, with the split either side of xmasI think it might by feasable now to increase the standard series length to 16 eps with 8 in autumn and 8 in spring.

I hope Neil Gaiman gets to write for the show again at some point in the near future too. :)
  • Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    It'd be nice to get another Gaiman episode, something different from his last one, which I adored.

Overman, I'd like to see him pen an episode of the show too. Maybe one day he will.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The more I think about it the more an 8/8 split would make sense.

S8a - 8eps in autumn 2013
    Nov 23rd - 50th anniversary special
    Xmas Special
    S8b - 8 eps in spring 2014.

Which would put Moffats run of episodes on a par with Davies' and set things up nicely for the next showrunner to continue with the same format, giving us more episodes a year and never more than a 4 month wait until the next new episode :).

As for the rest of 2013 ....

..I'd like to see/hear the surviving classic Doctors voicing themselves in an animation,

..I think the standard nostalgia shows that wheel out unemployed comedians are inevitable

..and though I'm not too fussed about it myself, a larger number of fans would like a docu-drama about the creation of the show so I think the popularity of that idea should be catered for.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shawn_Lunn wrote: »
    It'd be nice to get another Gaiman episode, something different from his last one, which I adored.

Overman, I'd like to see him pen an episode of the show too. Maybe one day he will.

It might be an idea to start and have guest writers like Gaiman, Richard Curtis and others do the Christmas Specials in future?

I reckon Howard Overman could write some good Doctor who, something like a cross between Pertwee's first season and The Key To Time?