EE where is this lexi storyline going?

Comments

• monalisa62003monalisa62003 Posts: 56,950
    Forum Member
    kitkat1971 wrote: »
    Maybe I'm in the minority, but I don't think it is complicated at all. Phil has a proven track record of taking ownership of anything vaguely Mitchell (including people) and of taking other's children to replace his own. Jamie after Kathy took Ben to SA, Jay after Ben wasn't shaping up to be the son he wanted. This is just the latest chapter. He's lost Ben and Louise so he wants another chance (probably his last chance) to bring up a Mitchell. He wants to replace the family he has lost and Lexi is that opportunity. He also wants to look as good as he can for SS so they leave him alone and complete the 'dream' by having a wife around with the added benefit that they will deal with the harder aspect of parenting as he expected Lisa to with Jamie, Kate to with Louise and then Stella and Shirley with Ben. Sharon fits the score as a wife and mother and she brings Dennis along too - great. Finally, he probably still views her as Mitchell and doesn't want Jack having her. Plus of course, he probably still fancies her and Phil always wants someone to warm his bed.

Maybe I've over simplified it but that is my understanding.

that might be the jist of it but i think theres more to it. phils been calling lexi MY baby and the way he spoke in his proposal speech showed me he wants this idea of a fantasy family to replace his old one. ive seen a lot of people that said phil only proposed to sharon cos he was desperate so its not just me who thinks it
  • kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,256
    Forum Member
    that might be the jist of it but i think theres more to it. phils been calling lexi MY baby and the way he spoke in his proposal speech showed me he wants this idea of a fantasy family to replace his old one. ive seen a lot of people that said phil only proposed to sharon cos he was desperate so its not just me who thinks it

That is basically exactly what I said in my post. He is taking Lexi to replace Ben and Louise (hence my baby) and as his last shot of having a perfect family, which includes a wife and mother to his children - step up Sharon.
    Forum Member
    That is basically exactly what I said in my post. He is taking Lexi to replace Ben and Louise (hence my baby) and as his last shot of having a perfect family, which includes a wife and mother to his children - step up Sharon.

well IMO sharon is to replace shirley aswell as lexi replacing ben. its perfectly reasonable since he also spoke about her in his proposal speech. thats what the whole proposal speech was about.
    Forum Member
    well IMO sharon is to replace shirley aswell as lexi replacing ben. its perfectly reasonable since he also spoke about her in his proposal speech. thats what the whole proposal speech was about.

Yes she is as Shirley was to replace Stella and Stella was to replace Kate who was to replace Lisa who was to replace Kathy. He needs a woman to complete his dream family, to sleep with him and take on most of the difficult parenting. I don't really think love for them as a person comes into it for him, he is finding a candidate for Mummy Bear.
    Forum Member
    Yes she is as Shirley was to replace Stella and Stella was to replace Kate who was to replace Lisa who was to replace Kathy. He needs a woman to complete his dream family, to sleep with him and take on most of the difficult parenting. I don't really think love for them as a person comes into it for him, he is finding a candidate for Mummy Bear.

its a bit different this time. it was his fault as to why he lost shirley/ben. it was his fault why he ruined shirleys life and partly why ben ended up in prison due to him not accepting ben being gay (thats where it all started from) he feels guilty over it and wants to create this happy family as a way of trying to move on and try to forget about it. for me this is why he ignored her on NYE cos seeing her makes it worse.

he didnt care about stella. he wouldnt miss her or keep a picture of her. he didnt care about her death. his relationship with shirley lasted longer than stella and kate. plus he left shortly after his split from kate so i wouldnt say stella was to replace her.
    Forum Member
    its a bit different this time. it was his fault as to why he lost shirley/ben. it was his fault why he ruined shirleys life and partly why ben ended up in prison due to him not accepting ben being gay (thats where it all started from) he feels guilty over it and wants to create this happy family as a way of trying to move on and try to forget about it. for me this is why he ignored her on NYE cos seeing her makes it worse.

he didnt care about stella. he wouldnt miss her or keep a picture of her. he didnt care about her death. his relationship with shirley lasted longer than stella and kate. plus he left shortly after his split from kate so i wouldnt say stella was to replace her.

To be honest it has always been his fault except Stella who really was just a means to an end for him - the kind of woman he thought he should be with at that time of his life having just got Ben back. Actually, even Stella he needs to take some of the blame. He shouldn't have taken up with someone just to be a mother for Ben and then paid so little attention to her or the situation that she felt so unloved that she took it out on Ben and he didn't even notice.

It was his fault that he had affairs, hit Kathy, neglected Ben and then monstered Kathy so much that she took him to SA. It was his fault that he emotionally tortured Lisa so much and immediately took ownership of Louise basically handing him overe to Peggy and cutting Lisa out so she felt she had no option but to run away to Portugal with her baby.
    It was his fault that he knocked 7 bells out of Jamie when he helped Lisa so that Jamie turned his back on him.
    It was his fault that he was so obsessed with not letting Lisa near Louise that he pushed Kate away.
    Shall I go on?

Anyway, to get it back to Lexi rather than just others involvement in it. I personally don't think it had dragged that much. There has been movement, we only had the residency hearing and therefore the new dynamic of her living with Phil the week before Christmas. This 2 month break is just what the story needs. Put it on the back burner and come back to it late March for the 3 month residency hearing by which stage interest will hopefully have reignited. It also leaves Lola free to develop a friendship / romance with Dexter which will add a new dimension to it all.

It may not be realistic from a Social Services pov, but I'd rather watch this than 6 months of Shagdunnit. It may have had an okay reveal (only okay in my view, far from great if only because 90% of viewers had guessed it was Derek) but that is not enough reason to justify it.
    Forum Member
    fair enough

with kathy though she left shortly after so he had no time to replace a family while she was still around. same goes with kate.

if anyone was a replacement for stella it was suzy. shirley offered herself onto a plate to phil but he turned her down knowing she was good for ben.

i dont think its realistic that a person would see it as replacing someone if they didnt really care or you soon got over them (ie kathy he moved onto sharon in 2002? or was it lisa first?) but this time shirley is still around and ben is in prison. its different to him just leaving with kathy. i think he's just a broken man really wanting a happy family to stop the pain of loosing them.
    Forum Member
    Kathy remained in the Square for well over a year before leaving for SA. He moved on to Lisa (acquiring Jamie) almost as soon as kathy went. Lisa was before Sharon second time round from 99.

I still maintain that his prime motivation for moving things along with Shirley was Social Services needing a stable home for Louise but we've had this debate many times and are unlikely to come to an agreement so probably best left.
    Forum Member
    Kathy remained in the Square for well over a year before leaving for SA. He moved on to Lisa (acquiring Jamie) almost as soon as kathy went. Lisa was before Sharon second time round from 99.

I still maintain that his prime motivation for moving things along with Shirley was Social Services needing a stable home for Louise but we've had this debate many times and are unlikely to come to an agreement so probably best left.
    yes but he never really wanted to move in with shirley. they'd been going out for at least two months. he wanted a casual relationship with her not too serious which is fair enough. also it was shirl who suggested the fake engagement first. it wasn't phils idea.
  • ilovenicnacsilovenicnacs Posts: 43,374
    Forum Member
    Mona, please don't hijack another thread to push the Shirley thing, it is getting really boring.
    Forum Member
    Mona, please don't hijack another thread to push the Shirley thing, it is getting really boring.

To be fair its my thread lol but shirley is involved in it and i want her to get lexi back to lola. Blame the writers for not giving me closer lol
  • IzzyInTheHouseIzzyInTheHouse Posts: 4,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be fair its my thread lol but shirley is involved in it and i want her to get lexi back to lola. Blame the writers for not giving me closer lol

We've been through this again and again, Shirley would have no way of helping Lola get Lexi back. That much was obvious when she kept saying 'Don't trust Phil Lola, don't trust Phil' and telling her not to let him do it, when she had no other way, anyway. At least this way Lexi is in Albert Square, and with a member of family, not with some random people fostering her.
    Forum Member
    We've been through this again and again, Shirley would have no way of helping Lola get Lexi back. That much was obvious when she kept saying 'Don't trust Phil Lola, don't trust Phil' and telling her not to let him do it, when she had no other way, anyway. At least this way Lexi is in Albert Square, and with a member of family, not with some random people fostering her.

Then they need to stop shirley making digs to lola and sharon about phil lol whats the point? If phil does a runner with lexi shirley would have more chance than sharon whos rejected him. Phil will loose her evuantually
    Forum Member
    Phil's not doing a runner though. He is taking Lexi to visit her great grandmother, still in the UK where Social Services can still monitor the childs welfare and I would assume with their prior consent. I'd imagine that is why Trish is back that week. If he hasn't their permission, then he'll be in breach of the Residency order (Lola not getting her 3 hours a week aside from anything else) and Lola could report him and get Lexi taken away from him as they know where he's taken her - peggys. The point is though, Lola would be taken back into external foster care, not given back to Lola as she is still judged unfit so Lola gains nothing.

Shirley making jibes just demonstrates that her life still revolves around Phil, albeit now trying to hurt him rather than support him. She's getting at him, not trying to help Lola and Lexi, as demonstrated by the fact that she had no other ideas as to how Lola could get Lexi back when challenged. Shirley is actually impotent in this story, Social Services (who are the ones in control) will take no notice of her unless she were to tell the Police what she knows about Phil covering up Heather's death, perhaps leading to an arrest and conviction which would make him unfit as a guardian. However, again, that doesn't mean Lola would get her back so again, Shirley has no real involvement in this except that she can't let go of the idea that she is pivotal to mitchell life.

To be fair to mona, I did keep answering points raised so must take some blame for the thread becoming Shirley dominated.
    Forum Member
    We dont know if he will. If he thinks hes gonna loose lexi i think he would put up a fight for her..

Well i dont know why but the writers are being very vague and wont say outright that phil is over shirley and moving onto sharon. If what were seeing onscreen is exactly that then they would just say that so i think theres more to it as to why shirley is still involved. Shes not always making digs so she is moving on
    Forum Member
    We do know he take Lexi to visit Peggy from the spoilers. We don't know if he does it with SS' consent but I'd be amazed if he doesn't. They have no reason to refuse a valid request to take the baby to meet and bond with her paternal great grandmother, espicially as it is somewhere (Cornwall) they can still check on her progreSs. It would probably be different if he wanted to take her to portugal to see Grant.

Re why the writers won't make phil's feelings clear, I refer you back to post 51 where I've laid out my explanation.
    Forum Member
    We do know he take Lexi to visit Peggy from the spoilers. We don't know if he does it with SS' consent but I'd be amazed if he doesn't. They have no reason to refuse a valid request to take the baby to meet and bond with her paternal great grandmother, espicially as it is somewhere (Cornwall) they can still check on her progreSs. It would probably be different if he wanted to take her to portugal to see Grant.

Re why the writers won't make phil's feelings clear, I refer you back to post 51 where I've laid out my explanation.

Well i think its a bit unfair on phil/shirley fans 5 years and still counting with no proper closer. Ive sent you a pm about it

Hes only going for 2 weeks. If he thinks lola will get lexi back im pretty sure phil wouldnt just give her back without a fight
    Forum Member
    We dont know if he will. If he thinks hes gonna loose lexi i think he would put up a fight for her..

Well i dont know why but the writers are being very vague and wont say outright that phil is over shirley and moving onto sharon. If what were seeing onscreen is exactly that then they would just say that so i think theres more to it as to why shirley is still involved. Shes not always making digs so she is moving on

I think proposing to another woman is a pretty safe he is over her:D I do wish people would stop saying he is moving on to Sharon though, it is as if Sharon does not have a mind of her own! and I have actually read she should leave Jack because he is trying to control her and go to Phil, yes thuggish control freak Phil, for the record I don't think he proposed properly to Sharon to get a mum for Lexy, I do believe he genuinely thinks Sharon would still fancy him! so we can add delusional to his list of failings :)
    Forum Member
    I think proposing to another woman is a pretty safe he is over her:D I do wish people would stop saying he is moving on to Sharon though, it is as if Sharon does not have a mind of her own! and I have actually read she should leave Jack because he is trying to control her and go to Phil, yes thuggish control freak Phil, for the record I don't think he proposed properly to Sharon to get a mum for Lexy, I do believe he genuinely thinks Sharon would still fancy him! so we can add delusional to his list of failings :)

It was Nye and nyd that made me think he wasnt over shirley. She was there in the pub and he ignored her. He spoke about how his life fell apart when shirley & ben left & it looked like he was only proposing cos he was desperate. As ive said before peoples opinions on wether phil loves sharon has changed. Phils very bitter and the way he looks so scary is freaking me out.

One writer had to apologise on why she couldnt say.if what were seeing onscreen is the truth then i think they would just say that to stop me tweeting them
    Forum Member
    Well i think its a bit unfair on phil/shirley fans 5 years and still counting with no proper closer. Ive sent you a pm about it

Hes only going for 2 weeks. If he thinks lola will get lexi back im pretty sure phil wouldnt just give her back without a fight

why would he be fighting? Lola is Lexy mum, Phil only has a custody order, he is not adopting her, he has to give her back if she is given back to Lola,end of...
    Forum Member
    why would he be fighting? Lola is Lexy mum, Phil only has a custody order, he is not adopting her, he has to give her back if she is given back to Lola,end of...

Do you really think he would give lexi up without a fight? Hes grown attached to her and has become more controlling over when lola sees lexi. If he lets her go without a fight id be very disappointed he let go of family so easy
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,181
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    so he would only do that on the basis of not getting sharon :confused: lexi is ben's son he wouldnt let her go that easily and it would be a total let down. i want him to do a runner

WHAT..Lexi is Bens `SON`...has Lexi had a sex change then & I didnt see it?
    Forum Member
    ecckles wrote: »
    WHAT..Lexi is Bens `SON`...has Lexi had a sex change then & I didnt see it?

Oops dont know what i was on about there :eek::D
    Forum Member
    It was Nye and nyd that made me think he wasnt over shirley. She was there in the pub and he ignored her. He spoke about how his life fell apart when shirley & ben left & it looked like he was only proposing cos he was desperate. As ive said before peoples opinions on wether phil loves sharon has changed. Phils very bitter and the way he looks so scary is freaking me out.

One writer had to apologise on why she couldnt say.if what were seeing onscreen is the truth then i think they would just say that to stop me tweeting them

I don't think he loves Sharon, I think he proposed because he did not want Jack to have her and also he is so arrogant he thinks he is all that, no woman could resist him :D

but I don't think he loves Shirley either (sorry Mona), he loves the Image of Phil the, God's gift to women:rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    I don't think he loves Sharon, I think he proposed because he did not want Jack to have her and also he is so arrogant he thinks he is all that, no woman could resist him :D

but I don't think he loves Shirley either (sorry Mona), he loves the Image of Phil the, God's gift to women:rolleyes:

Why did he ignore her then :confused: a genuinely nice scene on nye would have given me closer. And his reasons for,proposing were misleading talking about an ex is so unromantic