If they were to return...

BadWolfOneBadWolfOne Posts: 172
Forum Member
Would or could the Timelords be the 'elites' of the universe once again. As far as I'm aware, they were once respected in the universe until the war.

In Night of the Doctor, Cas depised the Doctor and willingly died in attempt to rid the universe of at least one Timelord.

In 'Time' the universe literally joined forces to stop them returning.

Do you think they could ever regain the majesty they once held or will they be an enemy of the universe and possibly as hated as the Daleks?

It opens up a few routes the show could go down when they finally return, just wondered what everyone's view on it would be.

Comments

• CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Once the Time Lock was in place (and yes there still has to be a Time Lock even if Gallifrey was not destroyed) than a lot of the Universe seemingly forgot about the Time War and the Time Lords role in it.

Some remembered them such as Jabe (the Tree Lady) but she certainly did not remember them as totally evil.

It is pretty certain though that if the Time Lords come back and regain some or all of their power then the war with the Daleks will just start up again.

So the Daleks will either have to be wiped out (or reduced down to a fraction of their power) or the Time Lords will have to curb their power and keep quiet so the Daleks don't notice them.
  • ShoppyShoppy Posts: 1,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Corwin wrote: »
    It is pretty certain though that if the Time Lords come back and regain some or all of their power then the war with the Daleks will just start up again.

So the Daleks will either have to be wiped out (or reduced down to a fraction of their power) or the Time Lords will have to curb their power and keep quiet so the Daleks don't notice them.

I think maybe a combination of both.

The next obvious step for the Daleks would be the return of Davros and a new "renegade" Dalek faction, echoing the Dalek civil war of the 80s stories.

Problem solved...
    A divided Dalek Empire that can still be powerful but is divided and devoting it's resources to some kind of civil war.That would keep the Daleks occupied with their own power-struggles, Hopefully culminating eventually in a unifying redesign with a Darker look, but not until after we've seen..

A weakened and politically divided Gallifrey, hidden away from most of the universe, trying to stay hidden and resist the rise to power of undesirable factions.
    I wouldn't be surprised if the Gallifreyans had internal disputes of their own to deal with. What with the High Council having worked against the Doctor and the War Council witnessing how he "saved" them.
    The Time Lords can then be rebuilt from the bottom up to whatever level of power and prominence the showrunner so desires without either contradicting nor being bound by previous Time Lord stories. A new Gallifrey for a new era :)
  • HelboreHelbore Posts: 16,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shoppy wrote: »
    I think maybe a combination of both.

The next obvious step for the Daleks would be the return of Davros and a new "renegade" Dalek faction, echoing the Dalek civil war of the 80s stories.

Problem solved...
    A divided Dalek Empire that can still be powerful but is divided and devoting it's resources to some kind of civil war.That would keep the Daleks occupied with their own power-struggles, Hopefully culminating eventually in a unifying redesign with a Darker look, but not until after we've seen..

A weakened and politically divided Gallifrey, hidden away from most of the universe, trying to stay hidden and resist the rise to power of undesirable factions.
    I wouldn't be surprised if the Gallifreyans had internal disputes of their own to deal with. What with the High Council having worked against the Doctor and the War Council witnessing how he "saved" them.
    The Time Lords can then be rebuilt from the bottom up to whatever level of power and prominence the showrunner so desires without either contradicting nor being bound by previous Time Lord stories. A new Gallifrey for a new era :)

I like all of this. Perhaps we just found our next showrunner? ;)