Chrome Double Spaced Menus ... again

2»

Comments

• chenkschenks Posts: 13,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bobcar wrote: »
    It doesn't bother me either as I don't use Chrome but obviously a lot of people don't like it.

compared to the amount of Chrome users, the amount of people that "don't like it" will be quite small.
  • bobcarbobcar Posts: 19,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    chenks wrote: »
    compared to the amount of Chrome users, the amount of people that "don't like it" will be quite small.

That may or may not be the case. I don't know, do you?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That may or may not be the case. I don't know, do you?

you also don't know that "obviously a lot of people" don't like it. i was merely countering your statement.

however, unless there are 10's of millions of people complaining about the spacing in a menu, then clearly there are a lot more people who don't care than there are complaining.
  • bobcarbobcar Posts: 19,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    you also don't know that "obviously a lot of people" don't like it.

Of course I don't know, I said so. Of course I never made any claim whereas you did so it would be up to you to justify your statement "compared to the amount of Chrome users, the amount of people that "don't like it" will be quite small" but it seems you are now retracting that as unknown.

I also don't care about this issue as I don't use Chrome. The only reason I entered the discussion was that I disagreed with your assertion early on that people should just accept whatever big companies do and if they don't like it go elsewhere. That is a defeatist attitude and is also wrong as if there is a big enough demand they can and do change, not always but you don't know till you try.
    however, unless there are 10's of millions of people complaining about the spacing in a menu, then clearly there are a lot more people who don't care than there are complaining.

Or they are like you and just accept whatever big companies do, that doesn't mean they like it just that they are subservient.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Or they are like you and just accept whatever big companies do, that doesn't mean they like it just that they are subservient.

i don't accept whatever big companies do.
    if they do something i don't accept then i simply stop using their products.

no-one is forcing me (or anyone else) to use any particular product.

if the minor change in chrome upsets some people so much (which by judging the overreaction by some seems the case) then they can make their lives so much happier by moving to a different browser. this is hardly a life or death situation here.
  • flagpoleflagpole Posts: 44,641
    Forum Member
    i don't accept whatever big companies do.
    if they do something i don't accept then i simply stop using their products.

no-one is forcing me (or anyone else) to use any particular product.

if the minor change in chrome upsets some people so much (which by judging the overreaction by some seems the case) then they can make their lives so much happier by moving to a different browser. this is hardly a life or death situation here.

Nobody said it was a life or death situation. nobody has behaved as if it were. and i think everyone could cope without being belittled by you.

we may aswell just close the forum. are there any threads in this forum that meet with your approval? or is your answer to all of them just 'stop using it, it's not a matter of life and death.' - perhaps if the forum is that far beneath you you could just leave it alone and not mock everyone?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    flagpole wrote: »
    Nobody said it was a life or death situation. nobody has behaved as if it were. and i think everyone could cope without being belittled by you.

i'm sure they could.
    shame we'll never find out.
  • neo_walesneo_wales Posts: 13,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What you actually mean is that it doesn't bother you so why don't you just say that?

It doesn't bother me either as I don't use Chrome but obviously a lot of people don't like it.

No, your wrong, what I meant was I'd never noticed it. Please try and keep up and stop making assumptions.

I use IE10, Chrome, Firefox and Torch, they are all much the same and do the same job.
  • noise747noise747 Posts: 30,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    neo_wales wrote: »
    No, your wrong, what I meant was I'd never noticed it. Please try and keep up and stop making assumptions.

I use IE10, Chrome, Firefox and Torch, they are all much the same and do the same job.

TBH I never noticed either until this thread. but IE10, chrome and firefox are not the same, they may do the same job, but some do it slightly better. Nothing is as bad as IE.

torch is more or less the same as chrome because it is form the same source code.
  • neo_walesneo_wales Posts: 13,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Torch has a nice torrent manager built in, FF I can download youtube with a click, IE 10 home page is set to tvcatchup on all our machines, Chrome is OK but if three disappeared I'd be happy with what was left...they all just take me to where I want to go.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    neo_wales wrote: »
    Torch has a nice torrent manager built in, FF I can download youtube with a click, IE 10 home page is set to tvcatchup on all our machines, Chrome is OK but if three disappeared I'd be happy with what was left...they all just take me to where I want to go.

I used torch for a while and then it went haywire on me for some reason, so I am now using comodo dragon, it is the only browser I got installed now.

Even Internet Exploder is hidden deep into the back ground, I made it not available for my computer. it is a shame it can't be uninstalled.
  • NewWorldManNewWorldMan Posts: 4,908
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    noise747 wrote: »
    TBH I never noticed either until this thread. but IE10, chrome and firefox are not the same, they may do the same job, but some do it slightly better.

What he means is that, as far as he is concerned, any differences between them are of little importance. The fact is that for many people a browser is just a browser.

Many just use whatever happens to be the initial browser on the system. But, even if they know and have used alternatives the differences between them are of little importance to them. They're not wrong to think this, they just have different priorities.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What he means is that, as far as he is concerned, any differences between them are of little importance. The fact is that for many people a browser is just a browser.

and that was why IE usage got so high, because people did not know or could not be bothered to change.
    Many just use whatever happens to be the initial browser on the system. But, even if they know and have used alternatives the differences between them are of little importance to them. They're not wrong to think this, they just have different priorities.

No they are not wrong to think it, like I am not wrong to think that IE is a waste of space and that not using it for years is one of the better things I have done.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No they are not wrong to think it, like I am not wrong to think that IE is a waste of space and that not using it for years is one of the better things I have done.

Just emphasising that these opinions are subjective. IE is not my default either but I do have to use it in my capacity as a software developer using mainly MS tech. It's also still useful as a fall-back for sites that don't quite render properly (or, more accurately, as intended)in the other browsers.
  • omnidirectionalomnidirectional Posts: 18,820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm using Chrome Beta and this morning the menus seem back to normal (not that I minded the double spacing, personally).

Version: 29.0.1547.22 beta-m
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is stupid the way they update, i think they must produce a new version every other day, firefox is not far behind.

I will stay with the version of dragon I got now for a while Version 27.1.0.0, there is a new version, but i don't want 28.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is stupid the way they update, i think they must produce a new version every other day, firefox is not far behind.

For better or worse everyone is copying Google. Opera is the latest to jump on the bandwagon. IE probably won't release this quickly but MS generally wants to have more frequent updates for all its products now.

Firefox at least has ESR as an alternative. But I think Chrome does as well? Not sure.