Recommendations on Netflix

I'm finding Netflix great. Does anyone have any recommendations on what to watch?

I recommend NZ TV series Outrages Fortune. There are six seasons and have watched them all. I had never heard of the show until Netflix and was surprised how good it was.

Comments

• stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    Ciawoman wrote: »
    I'm finding Netflix great. Does anyone have any recommendations on what to watch?

I recommend NZ TV series Outrages Fortune. There are six seasons and have watched them all. I had never heard of the show until Netflix and was surprised how good it was.

It used to be on FX at a silly time.
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ciawoman wrote: »

What sort of stuff do you like?
  • -GONZO--GONZO- Posts: 9,624
    Forum Member
    Just a few things weve currently got on the go or even seen:
    It's always sunny in Philedephia
    Lillyhamer(US Netflix)
    Warehouse 13
    X Files(US Netflix)
    Knightrider(US Netflix)
    Airwolf(US Netflix)
    Faulty Towers
    Firefly
  • johnnybgoode83johnnybgoode83 Posts: 8,908
    Forum Member
    My recommendation? Subscribe to a US VPN service to unlock the full potential of Netflix.
  • CiawomanCiawoman Posts: 167
    Forum Member
    Matt D wrote: »
    What sort of stuff do you like?

I watch all sorts my favourites are
    House
    Breaking Bad
    The Good Wife
    Hung
    The Big C
    Dexter
    Homeland

I watch a lot of TV :D

I'm now watching Go Girls another NZ show. It's light hearted
  • steven123steven123 Posts: 3,245
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My recommendation? Subscribe to a US VPN service to unlock the full potential of Netflix.

I've been considering this but not sure just how much difference there is i.e. whether the amount of content the US site has over the UK one is worth it.

Also are there any speed issues with connecting to the US rather than UK site i.e. more buffering, more dropping to SD quality etc?

In addition would this work on all my netflix compatible devices i.e. PS3, 360, Wii etc or only on the PC?

Sorry to take the thread off track but would be interested to know.

Back to the original thread, I have been enjoying on Netflix
    Arrested Development
    Drawn Together
    Borgia (highly recommended if you enjoyed Rome)

Have watched various films too though the quality (of the films themselves, PQ generally very good and HD) is a bit variable, King of Kong was quite memorable simply for its quirkiness.
  • johnnybgoode83johnnybgoode83 Posts: 8,908
    Forum Member
    steven123 wrote: »
    I've been considering this but not sure just how much difference there is i.e. whether the amount of content the US site has over the UK one is worth it.

Also are there any speed issues with connecting to the US rather than UK site i.e. more buffering, more dropping to SD quality etc?

In addition would this work on all my netflix compatible devices i.e. PS3, 360, Wii etc or only on the PC?

Sorry to take the thread off track but would be interested to know.

Back to the original thread, I have been enjoying on Netflix
    Arrested Development
    Drawn Together
    Borgia (highly recommended if you enjoyed Rome)

Have watched various films too though the quality (of the films themselves, PQ generally very good and HD) is a bit variable, King of Kong was quite memorable simply for its quirkiness.

There is far more content on the US site. Just as an example, the UK site has season 1-4 of 24 but the US site has all 8. It also has all of shows like Scrubs, Frasier, Buffy, Angel, Bones etc.

I haven't had any issues with slowness or extra buffering through a VPN but then I have a good Internet connection. As far as I am aware it can be pretty easily set up on other devices but I only watch it through my laptop connected to my TV via HDMI.
    Forum Member
    US has alot of stuff we don't, likewise we have alot of stuff they don't also.
    No issues as all comes from the same place and you login using your existing account.
    Yes to all. My Wii is set up so I can easily switch between both UK and US content.
    Just visit unblock-us.com and follow instructions on how to set up each device or if you prefer just setup your router instead. After a 7 day trial it's about £3.20 a month thereafter.
  • steven123steven123 Posts: 3,245
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    -GONZO- wrote: »
    Just visit unblock-us.com and follow instructions on how to set up each device or if you prefer just setup your router instead. After a 7 day trial it's about £3.20 a month thereafter.

Sounds very good, like the idea of being able to switch between the UK and US site too to ensure I don't lose any UK exclusives, is setting this feature up explained on the site too?

Tempted to try it. If I decide it isn't worth it or I'm just not using Netflix enough for it to be worth it can I cancel unblock without penalty?
    Forum Member
    Sounds very good, like the idea of being able to switch between the UK and US site too to ensure I don't lose any UK exclusives, is setting this feature up explained on the site too?

Tempted to try it. If I decide it isn't worth it or I'm just not using Netflix enough for it to be worth it can I cancel unblock without penalty?

It's all explained on the site, just goto the How It Works page and select the device you wish to use and it give instruction for each.
    With regards to switching between the two I've just given my Wii 2 wireless connections: Connection 1) As you've already got setup. Connection 2) Setep roughly the same as connection 1, but with the addition of Unblock-US DNS settings.
    It does mention changing your router settings in each of the instructions which is optional as you already have Netflix already. (originally you had to sign up to a US Netflix account before it came to our shores)
    Unblock-US has a pay monthly option which you can cancel anytime or a one off yearly payment which works out slightly cheaper.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 423
    Forum Member
    The idea of being able to access the US Netflix is really appealing but is it legal?

Since the whole things with Megavideo et al kicked off I've been a bit paranoid about the Feds coming and dragging me off to Gauntanamo
  • RaptureRiderRaptureRider Posts: 1,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry to hijack the thread.

Have Netflix added many more titles in the last month?
    Forum Member
    Sorry to hijack the thread.

Have Netflix added many more titles in the last month?

Yes :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 42
    Forum Member
    Netflix has been my saving grace since I've been at home with flu for the past few days. I've just watched the first series of Damages. I'd never heard of it and loved it. I also watched Firefly again - amazing.
  • noise747noise747 Posts: 30,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apart from DVDs/blue-rays it is all I watch now. i do use the U.S version on my wii mind you and the UK on the PS3.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 43
    Forum Member
    Flash Point starring Donnie Yen has recently been added. If you liked the awesome Ip Man (also on Netflix) then no doubt Donnie caught your attention. In this movie he's a cop. It's a bit like Infernal Affairs with more action. Very good watch!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 84
    Forum Member
    Season 3 of Breaking Bad is available from 1st of April.
    Forum Member
    suedehead wrote: »
    Season 3 of Breaking Bad is available from 1st of April.

That's great news!
    Unfortunately I couldn't wait and downloaded 3 & 4. There was no other way to watch it in the UK. S4 is quite simply outstanding. It's amongst the best series ever made IMO.
  • rottweilerrottweiler Posts: 2,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can anyone confirm if watching Netflix on a WD Live tv box and I do a firmware update using unblock-us I will then receive us content on my WD box ?
  • HypnosHypnos Posts: 953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rottweiler wrote: »
    Can anyone confirm if watching Netflix on a WD Live tv box and I do a firmware update using unblock-us I will then receive us content on my WD box ?

You shouldn't need to do a firmware update, just change the dns settings on the box or router, depending on how many devices you want to watch the US content on.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great but how do I switch from uk to us on the WD live tv box ?
    Forum Member
    Great but how do I switch from uk to us on the WD live tv box ?

http://support.unblock-us.com/customer/portal/articles/291573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks Gonzo, so I might not even to be able to access Netflix Us using the WD tv live box
    It does have the app so I will have to have a play
    Is anyone managed it on a new generation box ?
    Forum Member
    Thanks Gonzo, so I might not even to be able to access Netflix Us using the WD tv live box
    It does have the app so I will have to have a play
    Is anyone managed it on a new generation box ?

Works fine on the current/new WDTV Live. I use the US version all the time.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do you have any issues about logging in when switching the box on and trying to go straight to Netflix ?