The DS Eurovision General Discussion Thread (Part 58)

thengp12thengp12 Posts: 5,670
Forum Member
I know this means absolutley naff all but the UK song by adding up Eurovision and BBC youtube views. It is now over the 1 million mark now.

I know ours always get lots of views. But it is astounding

Continuation of: The DS Eurovision General Discussion Thread (Part 57)

Comments

• Cestrian18Cestrian18 Posts: 6,857
    Forum Member
    thengp12 wrote: »
    I know this means absolutley naff all but the UK song by adding up Eurovision and BBC youtube views. It is now over the 1 million mark now.

I know ours always get lots of views. But it is astounding

For a comparison, Molly currently has 2.7million across the Eurovision TV and BBC One video's so for just over a week, I'm astounded how Electro Velvet are clocking up the views too
  • Whitehouse95Whitehouse95 Posts: 2,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cestrian18 wrote: »
    For a comparison, Molly currently has 2.7million across the Eurovision TV and BBC One video's so for just over a week, I'm astounded how Electro Velvet are clocking up the views too

"There's no such thing as bad publicity".
  • gottagogottago Posts: 14,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    brb wrote: »
    Ear plugs at the ready.

Genuinely expecting this to be one of the worst entries ever looking at the writer's back catalogue.

Should be up tempo though..
    John Kennedy O'Connor said it reminds him at lot of Israel 1989. He made that out as being positive, I can't think of anything worse.
  • Steven_PSteven_P Posts: 12,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I think it wad the unexpected that caused yhr original dislike. Had ther of been an NF I'm convinced that the UK public would have voted high for it.
    now everyone has got used to it with the publicity it generated i csn see prople turning around.... maybe the beeb know what they are doing after all.... ;-)
  • da33431da33431 Posts: 48,902
    Forum Member
    I have no trust in the Beeb on this at all. Just watching the two NFs last night makes me feel even worse. Wouldn't it be nice to see us put on a decent show that the rest of Europe could enjoy.
    Forum Member
    Azerbaijan | Delegate and the song tonight at 19.00 will be open. #azerbaijan #eurovision

And the Måns train to Vienna is gathering speed already:

European iTunes:

#1 Sweden
    #6 Finland
    #40 Denmark
    #42 Norway
    #46 Greece
    #56 Czech Republic
    #84 Israel
    #132 Spain
  • vauxhall1964vauxhall1964 Posts: 10,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gottago wrote: »
    John Kennedy O'Connor said it reminds him at lot of Israel 1989. He made that out as being positive, I can't think of anything worse.

no, JKO loathes the San Marino entry; that comparison with Israel was meant as a put down.
  • Cestrian18Cestrian18 Posts: 6,857
    Forum Member
    da33431 wrote: »
    Azerbaijan | Delegate and the song tonight at 19.00 will be open. #azerbaijan #eurovision

And the Måns train to Vienna is gathering speed already:

European iTunes:

#1 Sweden
    #6 Finland
    #40 Denmark
    #42 Norway
    #46 Greece
    #56 Czech Republic
    #84 Israel
    #132 Spain

That says everything really doesn't it, Its going to be Rybak levels of landslide isn't it :(
    Forum Member
    That says everything really doesn't it, Its going to be Rybak levels of landslide isn't it :(

Bookies favourite now too. Think I'm going to have to get myself a giant Swedish flag for May :D
  • alwaysanigel247alwaysanigel247 Posts: 6,360
    Forum Member
    da33431 wrote: »
    Bookies favourite now too. Think I'm going to have to get myself a giant Swedish flag for May :D

And start learning Swedish!
  • DamienSDamienS Posts: 12,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Yup. He really will walk it at a canter! Surprised people are thinking otherwise.
  • AliceyAlicey Posts: 5,294
    Forum Member
    I prefer Dima and Running Scared to Mans.

Another year of smug Bjorkman running the show.
    Forum Member
    And start learning Swedish!

I'm already on the Duolingo, enjoying ett åpple and some bröd :D

Some new Loreen for anyone interested (plus an amazing acoustic version of Paper Light):

http://www.scandipop.co.uk/song-loreen-fireblue/
  • FiercelyHipFiercelyHip Posts: 3,693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't want Sweden to win again. I don't want more smug Bjorkman getting his own way as per usual. :cry:
  • Drew PeacockDrew Peacock Posts: 12,164
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Edwin Okli wrote: »

"Mystical contemporary ballad" 3 coma inducing words to describe a song but on the plus side he'd make a good Conchita impersonator.
  • Edwin OkliEdwin Okli Posts: 4,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "Mystical contemporary ballad" 3 coma inducing words to describe a song but on the plus side he'd make a good Conchita impersonator.

It started off quite mystical. In the end, it seems like an okay Melfest song.
  • alwaysanigel247alwaysanigel247 Posts: 6,360
    Forum Member
    It started off quite mystical. In the end, it seems like an okay Melfest song.

Good description actually!
  • FuddFudd Posts: 166,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The song itself (there's a link on that ^ page too):
    https://soundcloud.com/elnur_huseynov-esc/hour-of-the-wolf

I have to say I really like it.
  • Lisa.BLisa.B Posts: 57,275
    Forum Member

Blurgh! Even the angel is playing it safe with some dreary vomit.
  • brbbrb Posts: 27,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    New thread!

Neways, as I said in other thread before it was cruelly culled:

I love Azerbaijan :D Definitely in my top 10.
  • FiercelyHipFiercelyHip Posts: 3,693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Azeri track starts off lovely but then teeters off into an average track that doesn't sound much different from a lot already chosen. Stop ballads 2k15.

Also a lot of backing track and the key change is actually really well done. It's not too bad, very well produced, but meh.
  • Pdm1987Pdm1987 Posts: 1,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lisa.B wrote: »
    Blurgh! Even the angel is playing it safe with some dreary vomit.

Blurgh! Indeed
  • yoshi94yoshi94 Posts: 6,195
    Forum Member
    HALLELUJAH :D:D:D:p History is made. Bye 57, we'll miss you :)
  • BBAnneBBAnne Posts: 23,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh my lord! I never thought part 57 was gonna end
This discussion has been closed.