Options

Sky Player - Confused??

Hi,

Where we live, Sky broadband is not available; I want to watch the world cup on my PC. We have the full HD subscription, and at the moment (until 14th June) I can watch the live sports channels.

Sky's email said "Between 13 April and 14 June 2010, Sky TV customers with the relevant Sky TV Packs can watch live channels on Sky Player for free.
Live TV on Sky Player usually available to Sky TV customers with the relevant Sky TV Packs for free if they also take Sky Broadband Unlimited or Multiroom, otherwise £10 per month."

To me, thats not plain english! My understanding is, that if you dont have multiroom (we dont), or have sky broadband (we dont, and cant) then is there a fee of £10 per month to pay?

Is this just something they add to the sub?
Can we just sign up for 1 or 2 months with multiroom?

Any help for the confused appreciated!

Alternatively, is there any other way of watching live games on the PC??

Comments

• Options
    KennyTKennyT Posts: 20,702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do you have any form of broadband?

If you have, then this may help...
    All BBC matches will be available to watch live online in high quality video, while ITV will also show their matches at itv.com/sport. Video highlights of non-BBC broadcast matches will be available on this website. (Note: audio and video available to UK users only).

K
  • Options
    AVTECHAVTECH Posts: 1,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You can access sky player via any ISP not just Sky BB.

What you will be able to view depends upon your sky tv subscription... you have stated that you subscribe to Sky sports so therefore you can access sports on sky player.

The process to access your correct level on Sky player is :-

1) Get a SKY ID, if you don't already have one go to my sky and click on "sign up now" in the SKY ID column enter your details and SKY will email your SKY ID details to you.

2) go to SKY PLAYER and use your SKY ID to log in.

3)Done ! you will have access to all the content you are entitled to FREE

Enjoy your viewing:D
  • Options
    KennyTKennyT Posts: 20,702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But, will SkyPlayer have the World Cup on it? Surely it's just going to be on the BBC/ITV websites?

K
  • Options
    AVTECHAVTECH Posts: 1,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KennyT wrote: »
    But, will SkyPlayer have the World Cup on it? Surely it's just going to be on the BBC/ITV websites?

K

BBC and ITV have the world cup sewn up between them. There is no SKY world cup live coverage.

World cup is one of the government protected events which must be available free to all viewers.

So it will be BBC PLAYER or ITV PLAYER if you intend to watch online
  • Options
    molleymolley Posts: 25,674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AVTECH wrote: »
    BBC and ITV have the world cup sewn up between them. There is no SKY world cup live coverage.

World cup is one of the government protected events which must be available free to all viewers.

So it will be BBC PLAYER or ITV PLAYER if you intend to watch online

I read in a paper today that BBC are streaming games live ...Is that correct ..That means u need a licence doesn't it if you don't have one already? (chortle) ..
    EDIT: I see above that it is .