Leona Lewis - New Single - 'Lovebird'

12346»

Comments

• iseloidiseloid Posts: 9,392
    Forum Member
    I could've sworn about a year ago that Leona left Syco. Must've been another artist.

Sadly it wasn't. That was Alexandra. I agree with the poster above too. It's just madness.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 365
    Forum Member
    Lovebird will just tank, I doubt it will even go top 30 maybe even not make the top 40.

It's a shame how badly managed her career has been, but in part it's also Leona's fault, the wheels started to come off when Echo was released and the wheels were coming loose with Spirit, the rubbish release (and video) of I Will Be in the USA and then the mess up with Happy being the lead single off Echo. Then the mess with Collide.

Bottom line is if Syco can't make a big star out of Leona with the massive record sales she originally had, they're not going to sustain anyone's career. She should have done everything she could to go after Echo, I suspect Syco will squeeze her like a wet sponge to wring out every last penny then dump her on their terms.

I can't see a 4th album being done, not unless they do a cheapo covers album or some sort of greatest hits with a few of the tracks they left off Echo or something.

I don't agree on the last point. Leona has become almost the face ot the X Factor. For Syco to release her would be the final nail in the coffin for the show.
    I know its dying right now but its pretty certain to come back for another year.
    Leona will get a 4th album over this side of the pond.
    In America however i feel this could be it. I can't see this album getting the worldwide release sometime next year.
    It would have to be in the first quarter if it did happen because of Leona's UK tour in the Spring.
  • Rodney McKayRodney McKay Posts: 8,143
    Forum Member
    surrey13 wrote: »
    I don't agree on the last point. Leona has become almost the face ot the X Factor. For Syco to release her would be the final nail in the coffin for the show.
    I know its dying right now but its pretty certain to come back for another year.
    Leona will get a 4th album over this side of the pond.
    In America however i feel this could be it. I can't see this album getting the worldwide release sometime next year.
    It would have to be in the first quarter if it did happen because of Leona's UK tour in the Spring.

They need to keep releasing singles from Glassheart, no matter how bad they do. But I really can't see them investing big bucks in another album.

To be honest Leona might be better of doing an album of covers of either classic show songs or her favourite songs, I think another album of original material won't work at the moment, not with Syco at least.

I don't think she's the face any more, acts like 1D or Cher Lloyd or Olly Murs are the new face, simply because they are around on TV and in the press more.

None of these acts will have longevity, nor does it matter to Cowell, the X-Factor is staggering to its grave at the moment, I can't see ITV killing it off yet, but it's only a shadow of its former self and the quality of the acts has gone downhill over the last 3 years or so.
  • tracystapestracystapes Posts: 3,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The picture(s) from the video are stunning. This could be a really amazing video!
    Forum Member
    The picture(s) from the video are stunning. This could be a really amazing video!

Perhaps, I hope so, this song is going to need divine intervention to get anywhere in the charts.
  • BrokenArrowBrokenArrow Posts: 21,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    video is here

http://www.muzu.tv/leonalewis/lovebird-music-video/1651301/

Obviously not much money spent on it, which is good, save it all for an epic glassheart video.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 391
    Forum Member
    Video is OK, despite the budget. Still think Leona should leave SyCo, although she probably won't. Clearly their priorities are now Wand Erection, Cher lloyd and Lab. TBF its about the money not talent...
    Even though the move didn't work for Alexandra (going to RCA), at least she did it on her terms, she has made the errors and hopefully, will learn from it and move on. The upside is, she didn't end up doing a Shayne Ward and waiting around for three years to release music...which I suspect may happen with Leona for her next era...drives me crazy!
  • soulmusicsoulmusic Posts: 2,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Beautiful expressive video, love it, it tells the story of the track so well. Very understated but spot on.
    Also pleased to see that Leona is touring Germany in January and appearing on the final of The Voice in Germany.
    Forum Member
    Gomz wrote: »
    Video is OK, despite the budget. Still think Leona should leave SyCo, although she probably won't. Clearly their priorities are now Wand Erection, Cher lloyd and Lab. TBF its about the money not talent...
    Even though the move didn't work for Alexandra (going to RCA), at least she did it on her terms, she has made the errors and hopefully, will learn from it and move on. The upside is, she didn't end up doing a Shayne Ward and waiting around for three years to release music...which I suspect may happen with Leona for her next era...drives me crazy!

But Leona did waste 3 years for the new album, the release was delayed twice whilst they re-wrote it. Now it looks like they are re-writing it again for the US release.

They can't get anything right.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a lovely artistic video I thought! :)
  • da3boolda3bool Posts: 2,620
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes the video was simple but I loved it. It fits the purpose of the song.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 62
    Forum Member
    I thought there would be a storyline for the lovebird video, but she does look gorgeous as always in it. The link is below to watch it
    http://itsblackcurrent.com/new-music-video-leona-lewis-lovebird/
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought they'd be a storyline too but it doesn't bother me too much. I love the song and love the images she's used for the video :)