Wentworth Prison Viewing Figures Down

jackpotjackpotjackpotjackpot Posts: 235
Forum Member
Viewing figures down on 10.9.14 episode to 795k the week before topping a million viewers.

Real shame as Wentworth is brilliant maybe it's on to late and so many people I know have never heard of it.

Comments

• bluebottlebluebottle Posts: 553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Viewing figures down on 10.9.14 episode to 795k the week before topping a million viewers.

Real shame as Wentworth is brilliant maybe it's on to late and so many people I know have never heard of it.

I love it too my familly hadnt heard of it either
  • A.D.PA.D.P Posts: 10,383
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did they all escape? I thought it was a captive audience?
  • Omniconsumer93Omniconsumer93 Posts: 735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's not unusual for a show to shed a few viewers. Casual viewers will watch the first episode of a new run of a show to see if they like it and if they don't, they won't tune in the week after. Wentworth has its loyal fanbase, and as much as I like it, it's not going to have huge appeal to large audiences.
  • jonjonsjonjons Posts: 4,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it more the fact that it finished in Australia 3 months ago and so people are watching it online in one go/
  • hyperstarspongehyperstarsponge Posts: 16,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It is quite a good show.
  • jackpotjackpotjackpotjackpot Posts: 235
    Forum Member
    jonjons wrote: »
    Is it more the fact that it finished in Australia 3 months ago and so people are watching it online in one go/

Your right it does seem the die hard fans have been able to view online many months before it returned to UK TV.

Quite a shame really I really hope for CH5's sake it does return to even higher viewing figures than last year. But the owners of Wentworth need to stop anyone outside of Australia viewing the show before other countries see it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 75
    Forum Member
    It was on the 2nd ep, sometimes ep ratings go up and down. Cant expect every ep to top a million lol. Think they will go up a bit with the next eps.
  • steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

The ratings are roughly the same as last year plus these are overnights and not final figures:

Wentworth Season 1 UK Overnight viewing figures not taking into account +1, on demand or recordings unless stated

Episode 1 - 1,614,000
    Episode 2 - 1,248,000
    Episode 3 - 910,000
    Episode 4 - 800,000 (900,000 with +1)
    Episode 5 - 789,000 (880,000 with +1)
    Episode 6 - 818,000
    Episode 7 - 800,000
    Episode 8 - 755,000
    Episode 9 - 795,000
    Episode 10 -1,000,000

Episode 1 - 940,000 (1,000,000 +1)
    Episode 2 - Overnight - 795,000
  • LyricalisLyricalis Posts: 57,958
    Forum Member
    Your right it does seem the die hard fans have been able to view online many months before it returned to UK TV.

Quite a shame really I really hope for CH5's sake it does return to even higher viewing figures than last year. But the owners of Wentworth need to stop anyone outside of Australia viewing the show before other countries see it.

Bugger that, I don't see why the hell broadcasters should be able to put up artificial barriers just in order to keep a mostly obsolete delivery system alive.
  • jonjonsjonjons Posts: 4,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lyricalis wrote: »
    Bugger that, I don't see why the hell broadcasters should be able to put up artificial barriers just in order to keep a mostly obsolete delivery system alive.

I watched the first three in one go as I did not realise it was back and then watched each week as it came out in Australia. I do not see the point in waiting and also the bonus of no adverts but that is the way tv has been going for some time with American paced shows
  • petebluepeteblue Posts: 446
    Forum Member
    Maybe if Channel 5 screened it the day after it is broadcast in Australia they would get more viewing figures simply because people then wouldn't watch it online. I myself couldn;t wait 3 months for channel 5 to screen it so I watched it online as I imagine many others did.
  • Good_boysGood_boys Posts: 2,447
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If they want the ratings, and the money that will generate, they are going to have to do something like this. It is just too easy to watch online in this day and age, rather than wait months. I think people would be prepared to wait a day...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yeah its only C5's fault, theres no real reason why we cant be more up to date. The figures would be way higher. Nearly everybody ive spoke to about it are just a couple of days after its been shown in OZ, not months.
  • boogie woogieboogie woogie Posts: 16,435
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ch. 5 always tend to ballse up ratings for American imports...
  • Brady12Brady12 Posts: 796
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does anyone have viewing figures for this season so far?

Channel 5 have shifted this over to 5* starting with an episode this Tues night/Wed morning at 1am!
  • PizzatheactionPizzatheaction Posts: 20,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brady12 wrote: »

Channel 5 have shifted this over to 5* starting with an episode this Tues night/Wed morning at 1am!
    I believe it fell under half a million last week.
  • Hank SchraderHank Schrader Posts: 1,438
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wentworth (not 'Wentworth Prison'... Why did Channel 5 change it's title?) is the best show on TV as far as I'm concerned. It's a tragedy that nobody watches it. I talked my Mum into watching it and she is addicted now! It's simply superb and a terrible shame that more people don't know about it.
  • simeysimey Posts: 365
    Forum Member
    First episode was around 600,000 and the second was 490,000 which are both overnight ratings not including +1. The official figures are due today so hopefully it will add a healthy figure on top as it usually averages around the 1m mark the once the officials are released.
  • curvybabescurvybabes Posts: 13,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I read somewhere that it was now being moved from C5 onto 5* shame it's a really good programme.
  • ravensboroughravensborough Posts: 5,188
    Forum Member
    Wentworth is easily the best drama on TV at the moment, but it doesn't help that Channel 5 waited about eight weeks since the first episode was broadcast in Australia to start showing it in the UK. Die hard fans will be downloading it in their droves from torrent sites. It's a huge shame that it's now been shunted to a smaller channel as people are missing out on a great show.
  • GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brady12 wrote: »

Thats a repeat of tonights CH5 episode, however, the next episode is on 5* tomorrow night, at 10pm, so looks like it has been shifted, as next Monday on CH5 @ 10pm, its Big Brother, so no more watching it in HD :(
  • TORPIDO 1TORPIDO 1 Posts: 1,699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    See another thread more channel 5 scheduling fun in respect of wentworth prison you have been warned
  • Good_boysGood_boys Posts: 2,447
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Die hard fans will be downloading it in their droves from torrent sites.

Exactly. However, I always make a point of watching the episodes on Five aswell. They only really have themselves to blame for their choice to delay broadcast.
  • jordanjohnsonjordanjohnson Posts: 2,979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is this among the best rated shows on 5star?

I made a point of watching it but ratings would be better if there wasn’t a big delay between the UK broadcast that’s always been the shows downfall.

This show deserves the hype OITNB gets its far better.
  • GillypootsGillypoots Posts: 6,812
    Forum Member
    As this is the final season, I suppose viewing figures aren't so important as it would be for a continuing show.

I used to watch every season before it was shown in the UK simply because some scenes were cut for showing over here and I preferred the complete episodes. However, that seemed not to be the case over the last couple of seasons, so I watch it on 5star now.

It's a shame it's ending, but at long as it finishes on a high then that will be good.