Options

Is Leona Lewis' rendition of "Run" the best performance ever on X Factor?

2»

Comments

• Options
    julie2009julie2009 Posts: 4,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hassaan13 wrote: »
    You're forgetting Matt's 'The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face'.

Yes one of the best performances and that was before the live shows even started.

Also have to say Rhydian's performance of Phantom of the Opera made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up
    Excellent performance
  • Options
    urt31urt31 Posts: 2,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We haven't had them paired up, that's why.

Not sure if Olly and Joe, or Little Mix & Marcus could pull something off similar, for example.

I know it was lucky that Alex and JLS kind of matched up in genre but the whole thing was so polished in a way that very few finalists manage.to achieve.

It just felt like a performance that stood apart from the usual winners performances.
  • Options
    grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    Patti-Ann wrote: »
    I think Rhydian's 'Impossible Dream' was up there too :)

Definitely. That was stunning. :) And Rhydian's 'Phantom of the Opera' was bloody amazing! :eek::eek: To this day I still think thats one of the best performances on any version of the show, ever. :)
    Another vote for Ruth's Purple Rain, and Always too (but are we talking about performances right across the show or just guest performances?)
    I liked Alex's winners' performance too where she duetted with JLS and they sang each others songs - that was neat :D
  • Options
    MaksonMakson Posts: 30,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Re-watching it there, it isn't as amazing as I remembered it to be...still very good though
  • Options
    Patti-AnnPatti-Ann Posts: 22,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We haven't had them paired up, that's why.

Not sure if Olly and Joe, or Little Mix & Marcus could pull something off similar, for example.

Can you imagine Rhydian and Leon doing a duet - or Steve with G4 :D

I agree with the Alex/JLS performance - and Rhydian doing Phantom
  • Options
    Becky_BBecky_B Posts: 349
    Forum Member
    By a long way the best performance ever on the show.
    It still gives me shivers.
  • Options
    Chippy ChipsChippy Chips Posts: 2,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    'Britney - Womanizer' takes some beating.
  • Options
    vagbreathvagbreath Posts: 1,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The only answer to this question is yes.

End of thread.
  • Options
    Dannyb01yDannyb01y Posts: 168
    Forum Member
    My favourite UK X-factor contestant ever. I think its probably the best performance ever for me personally. :)

This is probably my second favourite (Summertime) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCOn4Gmj4T0
  • Options
    Scarlet O'HaraScarlet O'Hara Posts: 6,933
    Forum Member
    Check out Alexandra Burke singing Listen both on her own early in the competition and especially duetting with Beyonce.........both far better than Beyonce original IMO and one of the best live vocal performances that I have seen on any show.

I think Burke's career has been held back by seemingly not being allowed to sing ballads because that was seen as Leona's territory.....instead Burke was left to try and shift what I call boil in the bag pop songs that have strictly limited appeal........Burke is a brilliant ballad singer.

I agree on that duet. Easily my favourite X Factor moment ever: great contestant, great song and a bonafide superstar sharing the stage.

I also agree that they tried to give Alexandra a different niche - and that week she did Candy man proved she had sass in spades. But she was scuppered by terrible songs. If Leona was the UK's Whitney, Alex should have been Beyonce, but who chose those diabolical songs?! Bad Boys and Broken Heels....they weren't exactly Single Ladies (Put A Ring on it) or Crazy in Love were they.

Leona remains the best vocalist they've had IMO. By a country mile.
  • Options
    Nastyman69Nastyman69 Posts: 4,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree on that duet. Easily my favourite X Factor moment ever: great contestant, great song and a bonafide superstar sharing the stage.

I also agree that they tried to give Alexandra a different niche - and that week she did Candy man proved she had sass in spades. But she was scuppered by terrible songs. If Leona was the UK's Whitney, Alex should have been Beyonce, but who chose those diabolical songs?! Bad Boys and Broken Heels....they weren't exactly Single Ladies (Put A Ring on it) or Crazy in Love were they.

Leona remains the best vocalist they've had IMO. By a country mile.

Forget about that...her Heartbreak On Hold album was absolutely terrible (1/10 - and that's being generous) - Alex deserves much better material than what she had