DS: Get Dancing - Show 9

Comments

• EthanEEthanE Posts: 7,444
    Forum Member
    dennisboy wrote: »
    ETHAN (ETHANE) & OKSANA. :(

I can only give my commiserations. :( As I say show after show, it's always hard to leave, but to do so this near to end is extra hard. Still, you shouldn't be ashamed at all. You've made some fantastic routines which have put you at the top of the leaderboard more than once, impressing the judges and the voting public, who put you top in Show One. I repeat my commiserations and wish you the best in any future games. :)

Ash & Joanne, you are through to the Semi-Final. :)

Thanks Andrew, it is hard leaving now but I'd rather have left now than an earlier week so it could have been much worse.
    Forum Member
    NicPlays wrote: »
    Congrats Ash :)

Wow, Ethan, I can't believe you're out! I genuinely had you nailed down as the winner. You were so, so great, you topped the leaderboard in Week 1! And last week you got an insanely high score, I'm so sorry for sabotaging you :( You did well though, congrats :)

Thanks Nic, it's really nice to know that 1 person thought I'd win, it means a lot. Don't worry about the sabotage, I honestly didn't mind, you were only doing as you were told and my sabotage came in 2nd so I pretty much gave as good as I got there :)

I agree, 5th place is brilliant, I'm happy with 5th, just sad I won't get to do any more dances with Oksana :(
    Forum Member
    IzzieStar wrote: »
    Ethan, you've been absolutely brilliant this series and I am confident that you'll be winning a game in the very foreseeable future. :) It's always hard with sabotage rounds as everyone looks for different things and I'm really sorry you missed out with this one.

Congratulations to the four semi finalists. :)

Thanks Izzie, I think 5th is good for my 1st game and anything can happen with sabotage. At least I wasn't eliminated on a song I love, if everyone hated my song then that shows I did my job well :p
    Forum Member
    Monsieur23 wrote: »
    ...well that's a shock. :o

Huge commiserations Ethan! You've been so consistently good, I was certain you were a lock on for the Finals!

Thanks Ross, it wasn't a shock for me at all. It's nice to know you think I was good tho, I was pleased with my scores in my first game but everyone got good scores so I can't complain. We have 4 good semi finalists and that's the important thing :)
    Forum Member
    ADMR wrote: »
    Oh my word. I feel bad at that. I've said for ages that Ethan's probably the winner. If not definite final at the very least. So to see me and ethan at the end I thought "nah. No way. I'm gone". Ethan you really don't deserve to go. This is a massively amazing placing but I'm shocked. Well done nonetheless.

Thanks whoever voted for me. But I'm literally gobsmacked by that result.

I'm not shocked at all, you don't seem to realise how good you are at this game Ash. Ok you had a bad week or two but most people have. You're also a really great guy, I'm just some annoying horny teen so that's gonna work in your favour too. Maybe I don't deserve to go, it's not for me to say but no-one else who's left has deserved it and that's a good thing, it shows how seriously we take the game. I'm sad to go but I'm happy you're still in.

And yes 5th place :D I count myself as coming 6th in your game so 5th was kind of the dream placing and my dream came true :) AND I danced with Oksana :D
  • ADMRADMR Posts: 3,168
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EthanE wrote: »
    I'm not shocked at all, you don't seem to realise how good you are at this game Ash. Ok you had a bad week or two but most people have. You're also a really great guy, I'm just some annoying horny teen so that's gonna work in your favour too. Maybe I don't deserve to go, it's not for me to say but no-one else who's left has deserved it and that's a good thing, it shows how seriously we take the game. I'm sad to go but I'm happy you're still in.

And yes 5th place :D I count myself as coming 6th in your game so 5th was kind of the dream placing and my dream came true :) AND I danced with Oksana :D

Thank you Ethan. But seriously I thought you'd win and if not be a finalist at the very least. I'm still gobsmacked whatever anyone says. I really am. :o
    Forum Member
    Commiserations Ethan :( Well done Ash and everyone else :)

Thanks Jonathan :)
  • NicPlaysNicPlays Posts: 12,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks Nic, it's really nice to know that 1 person thought I'd win, it means a lot. Don't worry about the sabotage, I honestly didn't mind, you were only doing as you were told and my sabotage came in 2nd so I pretty much gave as good as I got there :)

I agree, 5th place is brilliant, I'm happy with 5th, just sad I won't get to do any more dances with Oksana :(

Thanks Ethan, I just feel so bad for sabotaging you, I feel like it's my fault you were eliminated. :( You honestly did so well. I'm genuinely gobsmacked I'm still here tbh, I'm just some dumb 13 year old :blush: As for Oksana, I'll bet she's very proud of you and wants you to take her to a fancy meal :kitty:
    Forum Member
    NicPlays wrote: »
    Thanks Ethan, I just feel so bad for sabotaging you, I feel like it's my fault you were eliminated. :( You honestly did so well. I'm genuinely gobsmacked I'm still here tbh, I'm just some dumb 13 year old :blush: As for Oksana, I'll bet she's very proud of you and wants you to take her to a fancy meal :kitty:

It's not your fault, we don't even know how everyone voted based on the sabotage, it might have been more about what I chose for Queenie than what you chose for me. I had real trouble when I was voting, it's hard enough anyway as everyone's so good but I didn't know if I should take the song you chose as yours or mine, I got so confused :p

Congrats (should have said that before) you totally deserve your place in the semis.

just think of me going for my fancy meal with Oksana while you're slaving over your Argentine tangos, now tell me who got the better end of the deal :D
  • Tanith PanicTanith Panic Posts: 2,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's not your fault, we don't even know how everyone voted based on the sabotage, it might have been more about what I chose for Queenie than what you chose for me. I had real trouble when I was voting, it's hard enough anyway as everyone's so good but I didn't know if I should take the song you chose as yours or mine, I got so confused :p

Congrats (should have said that before) you totally deserve your place in the semis.

just think of me going for my fancy meal with Oksana while you're slaving over your Argentine tangos, now tell me who got the better end of the deal :D

So sorry you're no longer in the game and sorry I only found this site in the last couple of days.
  • StrictlyEastendStrictlyEastend Posts: 35,455
    Forum Member
    It is so sad to see anyone go and I am so sad to see you go Ethan, I am genuinely shocked! :(

Hopefully you'll get to be in other participation games. ;)
    Forum Member
    I don't understand the leaderboard, is the leaderboard for sabotaging or the victims? ;)
    Forum Member
    IzzieStar wrote: »
    Ethan, you've been absolutely brilliant this series and I am confident that you'll be winning a game in the very foreseeable future. :) It's always hard with sabotage rounds as everyone looks for different things and I'm really sorry you missed out with this one.

Congratulations to the four semi finalists. :)

I have a participation game planned for a few months and it'll be quite different to anything I've seen before. So he'll have a good chance. ;)
    Forum Member
    I would have loved to have done Argentine Tango. :(

At least I didn't get to do the sabotage! :o:D
  • JohnStannardJohnStannard Posts: 7,649
    Forum Member
    Ethan I had you down also as going to the final 2 and possibly winning, shocked by the result& you got Oksana as far as Judge Rinder did so that's good, honestly shows no one is safe, I was surprised Ash was left to the end
  • Monsieur23Monsieur23 Posts: 6,916
    Forum Member
    Argentine Tango: "Eh, I knew it was coming, I can do this :)"

My Other Dance: "Oh, you MOTHERFU-"

:D
  • ADMRADMR Posts: 3,168
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ethan I had you down also as going to the final 2 and possibly winning, shocked by the result& you got Oksana as far as Judge Rinder did so that's good, honestly shows no one is safe, I was surprised Ash was left to the end

Really? I wasn't. But thanks :p

My other dance I don't actually mind. But considering I never thought I'd be in the semi final I'm feeling a bit "oh damn" that I still haven't got to do either of the two I really wanted to get to do. So I half share that thought with you :p
  • NicPlaysNicPlays Posts: 12,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

At least you have one good dance. I have two 'Oh, you MOTHERFU-' dances:blush:
    Forum Member
    So sorry you're no longer in the game and sorry I only found this site in the last couple of days.

Thanks, that's really nice of you. I hope you'll stay around and vote in the semis and the final :)
    Forum Member
    It is so sad to see anyone go and I am so sad to see you go Ethan, I am genuinely shocked! :(

Hopefully you'll get to be in other participation games. ;)

Thanks, I think any of the others going would have been a shock at this stage. I'm not surprised it was me but it's really nice everyone else is :)

I've signed up for Julie's and I hope I'll sign up for yours, not sure I could manage 2 at once but we'll see.
    Forum Member

Thanks John, it does show no-one is safe, I was 2nd on the leaderboard and still went, I have no idea what will happen in the semis. I think random.org decides who is in the final 2 so that's why Ash was there. 5th is good, there were 14 contestants I think so I have come a long way.
    Forum Member
    I don't know if I'm sad I don't have a dance to do or relieved to be saved all the stress you're all going through :p

AT is not a dance I feel confident about and I bet I'd have got cha cha cha which would be even worse, I would not like to see the leaderboard if I had those 2 dances :o

I'm sure you'll all do great, you all deserve to be in the final :)
    Forum Member
    Good luck to everyone who went through, I can't wait to see your routines. :)
  • Monsieur23Monsieur23 Posts: 6,916
    Forum Member
    Usually there's only one shock boot a season, but I just went to compare Ethan to Pixie Lott, only to remember that I'd already made that comparison with Riley. :blush:
  • thengp12thengp12 Posts: 5,670
    Forum Member
    Oooh I love Argentine Tango and trying to find songs to suit it. So it will be interesting to hear what you all come up with.