X factor a load of rubbish

13»

Comments

• QuizmikeQuizmike Posts: 5,972
    Forum Member
    It's an ENTERTAINMENT show - and I thinks that is just what it's doing....the 'auditions' are the best bit....it's all a fix but what do you need with your curry or burger on a Saturday evening:confused::D

Indeed DQ, a lot of us realise that it is "sprinkled with the magic of television", but a lot of Joe Public out there think that all they see is genuine. I bet you 7 out of 10 members of the public think that all the auditionees sing in front of Cowell et al. This means a lot of people out there are being misinformed.

If proof be needed, there's a debate on the X Factor thread about how one contestant found an application form in her late fathers belongings and she was inspired to fill it out and send it off. Posters are debating that her father passed away during series 3 and that the form would not have been accepted as they only accept applications on Series 4 forms.

So people do take things at face value.
  • Apple_CrumbleApple_Crumble Posts: 21,748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The chosen ones are easy to spot months in advance, anyone with any sense knew Shayne (XF2) and Leona (XF3) were going to win. It's a predictable show.

The only winner is Mr Cowell, he must be laughing all the way to the bank.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 754
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The chosen ones are easy to spot months in advance, anyone with any sense knew Shayne (XF2) and Leona (XF3) were going to win. It's a predictable show.

The only winner is Mr Cowell, he must be laughing all the way to the bank.

You can always tell who's going to be in the final by the auditions - anyone with a "heartbreaking, tragic" story is a sure thing.

I also love SC ability to be a hypocrite:

Series 1-3 tells contestants "I think your too young for this contest" Sereis 4 - "I INSISTED on lowering the age range this year" :confused:

Tells contestants to sing whitney/mariah to show vocal range and then goes on to say "that song was too big for you"

Telling people they are "one trick pony" but says Leona was brilliant even though week after week she did the same types of songs (and she isnt that good, just a hotel/cruise singer at best)
  • VennegoorVennegoor Posts: 14,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    babba wrote: »
    Its nothing more than an hour of entertainment on a Sat night, please get over this, lifes too short...

Tell that to historians who in 100 years time are looking at our TV schedules and our Christmas No.1s from the past five years and saying to themselves:

"WTF?"
  • AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's an ENTERTAINMENT show - and I thinks that is just what it's doing....the 'auditions' are the best bit....it's all a fix but what do you need with your curry or burger on a Saturday evening:confused::D

You don't need to tell people what the show is.
    People know what the show is. It doesn't matter if 'it's meant to be a bit of fun' or whatever it's intended to be. People know this, they're just expressing their opinion about it regardless of what kind of show it is.
  • AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Quizmike wrote: »
    Indeed DQ, a lot of us realise that it is "sprinkled with the magic of television", but a lot of Joe Public out there think that all they see is genuine. I bet you 7 out of 10 members of the public think that all the auditionees sing in front of Cowell et al. This means a lot of people out there are being misinformed.

If proof be needed, there's a debate on the X Factor thread about how one contestant found an application form in her late fathers belongings and she was inspired to fill it out and send it off. Posters are debating that her father passed away during series 3 and that the form would not have been accepted as they only accept applications on Series 4 forms.

So people do take things at face value.

That's interesting. I didn't know about that.

Most of the songs get overused too much as well. It won't be long before we hear 'Somewhere Over the Rainbow' again and that damned 'Mrs. Jones' song that keeps getting used again and again and again.
  • QuizmikeQuizmike Posts: 5,972
    Forum Member
    Most of the songs get overused too much as well. It won't be long before we hear 'Somewhere Over the Rainbow' again

Lol! They are having the debate on the X Factor boards about which finalist will get to sing that. It appears that the last two winners got to sing it in the knockout rounds

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=652298
  • Apple_CrumbleApple_Crumble Posts: 21,748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bye bye wrote: »
    You can always tell who's going to be in the final by the auditions - anyone with a "heartbreaking, tragic" story is a sure thing.

I also love SC ability to be a hypocrite:

Series 1-3 tells contestants "I think your too young for this contest" Sereis 4 - "I INSISTED on lowering the age range this year" :confused:

Tells contestants to sing whitney/mariah to show vocal range and then goes on to say "that song was too big for you"

Telling people they are "one trick pony" but says Leona was brilliant even though week after week she did the same types of songs (and she isnt that good, just a hotel/cruise singer at best)

Shayne and Leona are ideal for an X Factor winner ..

1. 'Yes' people
    2. Top Shop looking
    3. Have the personality of a dead slug
  • Radio-ActiveRadio-Active Posts: 1,161
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shayne and Leona are ideal for an X Factor winner ..

1. 'Yes' people
    2. Top Shop looking
    3. Have the personality of a dead slug

4. Disappear into obscurity within weeks.
  • pi r squaredpi r squared Posts: 4,272
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Quizmike wrote: »
    I bet you 7 out of 10 members of the public think that all the auditionees sing in front of Cowell et al. This means a lot of people out there are being misinformed.
    But if you went to those 7 out of 10 people and told them that, in fact, contestants are seen by producers first and only a minority get through to see the judges, how many do you think would actually care? Do you care? I don't. The only people that are particularly misinformed are those put forward by the producers to see the judges despite being absolutely appalling.

As Calvin Simms says in the afore-mentioned Chart Throb, it's obvious that the judges don't see everyone if you just do the maths: 150,000 applicants for X Factor this year. Assuming two minutes per audition, even working solidly for eight hours a day, five days a week for the whole year, it would still take the judges 62 weeks to see every applicant. So it's blatantly obvious that the applicants need to be whittled down before they get to the judges.

With regards to "polluting" popular culture and the music charts, at the moment I don't see a single reality TV act in the Top 40 - not even Will Young. And if you put aside the fact that the singer won (or almost won) a competition, there have been quite a few decent songs as a result of these shows - for instance, I heard "Anyone of Us (Stupid Mistake)" for the first time in ages in a pub the other day and was quite amazed by what a good song it actually is, if you forget for a moment that it was sung by a Pop Idol not-winner.

X Factor is easy TV, and I cannot understand the hatred towards it. I would never go out of my way to watch it, but as chewing-gum TV goes it's one of the better shows.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 100
    Forum Member
    I don't like Simon Cowell - his judge too difficult! :( :sleep:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 210
    Forum Member
    It seems that they are focusing more on the disturbed/deluded/downright weird auditionees than on the singers who will actually get through to the live finals. It seems to get worse every year and gets more and more tedious. Also, I think most people are getting more cynical about the "sad stories" and how they are the "last person to audition on the day"
  • slappy101slappy101 Posts: 672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    am i right in thinking simon cowell is fed up and leaving soon
  • elite fileselite files Posts: 15,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    'The Queen' is on on Sunday;) :D but that's no help is it??

top film:) :):):):)