Shortest and longest games you have played......?.

HotelierHotelier Posts: 13,100
Forum Member
✭✭
......to completion?
I know some games like Skyrim are 'open ended', but for the longest, lets say all main quest lines.

Shortest for me would be 'Superman' on the old Atatri VCS back in the early eighties. 1:58 seconds :)
Longest. Oblivion, (main and side quests lines) 240 hours first time I played it through!. (I farted about a lot getting lost or trying to not die..lol)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,000
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Holy cow, I think you won the thread with the shortest game ever. But then again, you are kind of cheating using an ancient system compared to a new one. They didn't have the disk space back then as they do now.

But the shortest game in this current console generation I've seen will either be Mirror's Edge or Medal of Honour clocking in at about 4 hours each.
  • OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
    Forum Member
    Shortest: Journey on the Playstation 3
    Longest: Final Fantasy VII on the Playstation
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shortest is probably Sonic 2 on mega drive I could complete it in one life in an hour or 2 it was piss easy. Longest is probably FF8 as I spend loads of time just fighting and levelling everyone up. But I wanna get Skyrim soon so that might end up being longest.

Shortest this gen is probably one of the Call of Duty games. The single campaigns on them are ridiculously short.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,029
    Forum Member
    The longest game I've ever played (from memory) would probably be Oblivion, with Skyrim not too far behind. These types of games just keep you going for HOURS.

Shortest? Hmm, the Call of Duty campaigns are short but I think I'll have to go with Strangehold from 2007. I bought the game in the morning and finished it by the afternoon. It was fun, but crazy short and the multiplayer was a lag-fest so there was little to go back for.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shortest donkey kong about 20-30 seconds
    Longest final fantasy 7 - hundreds of hours
  • LadyxxmacbethLadyxxmacbeth Posts: 1,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Longest game I have probably played is Mega Man 2 or Mega Man 9 probably because Ive never completed them, but got so close every time I consider it a completion. It's probably taken me since 1992!!!

Possibly Myth Makers Super Kart GP, it is an really difficult game to play. But me and my husband unlocked everything, and it took, months and months.

Shortest game is probably MW2 it was really easy, but fun, although they dont make it for the campaign.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rugrats on ps1. took me about an hour

gta- san andreas ps2 took me a good couple of weeks
  • Andy2Andy2 Posts: 11,948
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The one that annoyed me most with its shortness was Halo Reach. I thought it was just about to begin in earnest when it bl**dy finished!
    Rage wasn't exactly long-lasting either, and the end was a bit sudden.

Best for length so far (for me) has been Fallout 3. The main mission (find your dad, complete Project Purity) isn't exactly an epic and it can lead you straight to the end of the game without completing the other 90% if you just follow it, but if you go exploring and investigate every side mission, nook and cranny it can keep you going forever.

I've clocked up over 300 hours, just wandering about in the Wasteland. The good thing is that enemies re-spawn and you can usually find weapons and ammo if you are prepared to do a spot of trading.
  • toyotacitytoyotacity Posts: 762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shortest - Linger in Shadows PS3

Longest - Fallout 3 Game of the Year Edition
  • Alt-F4Alt-F4 Posts: 10,960
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    thomas2400 wrote: »
    Shortest donkey kong about 20-30 seconds
    Longest final fantasy 7 - hundreds of hours

FF7 for me on the playstation back in 1998
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 267
    Forum Member
    PSO or Phantasy star online

Not only did I have the Dreamcast version I also imported the pt. 2 from Japan and flashed my DC so I could use it ... Total time spent on that game was .... Between 700 - 800 hours :eek:

Add to that the fact I also got it for my gamecube and well it was a lesson to me to kind of steer away from MMO's :D
  • XtremelionheartXtremelionheart Posts: 74
    Forum Member
    Shortest: Comic Zone (easily done within 20-30mins)
    Longest: FF8 - due to leveling up, getting all the summons and of course the card game. ;)
  • Danger CloseDanger Close Posts: 3,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shortest

Did Max Payne in about 90mins.

Longest

Oblivion was at 350 hours before I decide to complete the main quest.
    Similar story with Fallout 3 at about 300 hours.
    Skyrim is getting up there too. Over 100 hours on my Dark Elf and not officially chosen a side. Will be an Imperial though as my Nord already joined the Stormcloaks. My Khajit will probably go Imperial too.

Does Premier Manager 3 count? Been playing it for years as it can never be completed. Far better management games around but I'm just determined to play every team on the list in competitive play.
  • Fowl FaxFowl Fax Posts: 3,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Demolition Man on 3DO, bought it and never played it. Manx TT on Sega Saturn, tested it loaded and never played it again.

Most played games:

Age of Empires
    Dune 2
    FIfa 12
    Legend of Zelda 3
    Pro Evolution Soccer 5
    Secret of Mana
    Starcraft Online
    Street Fighter 2
    Super Mario Kart
    Wii Sports
  • HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fowl Fax wrote: »
    Demolition Man on 3DO, bought it and never played it.

How the hell can a game you have never played be counted as the shortest game you have ever played :confused::p:D
  • Alt-F4Alt-F4 Posts: 10,960
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hotbird wrote: »
    How the hell can a game you have never played be counted as the shortest game you have ever played :confused::p:D

I'm guessing irony is the shortest game you've played
  • HotelierHotelier Posts: 13,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Alt-F4 wrote: »
    I'm guessing irony is the shortest game you've played
    I dont think it was irony, more like misunderstanding the thread title, no biggie either way.
  • Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The longest game ever known to man is Bioshock.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,012
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Resistance Fall of Man is pretty long
  • batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Any version of Championship Manager (from SI Games) or Football Manager has to be my longest games, I play them from one updated release until the next (I have it running in the background as I type this post! :D:D)
  • HezzadeeHezzadee Posts: 151
    Forum Member
    Shortest but most enjoyed probably 007 blood stone or spiderman for ps1.
    Longest obviously any fifa/cm games but I usually lose my patience and don't complete games.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The length of games is my main complaint. I pay 40 quid for a game and I want my money's worth. Gears of War 3 main campaign took me about 8 hours which would usually anoy me but I have played 'horde' to death.

Skyrim I am still playing and can see me not finishing. All game developers should copy Skyrim. Or if you wanna make a short 1 player camaign give the game a ton of replayability
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shortest: Apocalypse on Ps1
    Longest: Premier Manager 99 on Ps1
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Clocked about 800 hours on white knight chronicles 1 on ps3 , an I'm now playing the second one
  • The_OneThe_One Posts: 2,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shortest:
    i have no idea, probably 10 minutes on a few games.

Longest:
    Everquest 2 (main rival to World of Warcraft), for about 12,000 hours, 9k of which ive clocked up on my xfire messenger profile i only started using that after a year of playing that game.

Next longest is Age of Empires 2 multiplayer, i must have played it for easily 30 hours every week for a year of its release in year 1999, then 10-20 hours every week a few months after that, total of 2,000 hours?
    Followed by Battlefield 2, 3, 2142, Wolfenstein Enemy Territory, Battlefield Bad Company 2, Everquest Online Adventures.

Yes, i have a fetish for multiplayer-only gaming, and all PC games except one, console games have always been boring since i found PC gaming when i was 18, i even quit gaming when i was 16 i was that bored of playing vs the console AI or one other player on the same screen.