Marcus Brigstocke - cad and bounder!

13»

Comments

• elnombreelnombre Posts: 3,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Striker22 wrote: »
    Completely agree, although that's show business , show me a celeb that isn't a leftie.

Geri Halliwell, Cilla Black, JK Rowling, Jim Davidson, Piers Morgan, Alan Titchmarsh, Paul Daniels, Take That, Cheryl Cole...need I go on?
  • katmobilekatmobile Posts: 10,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    elnombre wrote: »
    Malliday said: "I hope that anytime this smug, self-satisfied snob, who for years has taken such obvious glee in ridiculing and insulting others for their faults, misfortunes and opinions, decides to have a dig at somebody in future he gets reminded of just how much of a creep we all now know him to be."

I pointed out that the kind of people Brigstocke tends to take glee in ridiculing are - from what I've seen - people who have suffered far larger moral lapses than his, and despite his own nasty, selfish activities, I don't think 'but you cheated on your wife' would be much of a retort for them.

You said "We aren't talking about rapists, murderers or corrupt bankers."

My point is, yes we are, because those are the type of people Brigstocke tends to ridicule, not other comedians.

I agree - and it seems that a few right wing people on here are taking the opportunity to say he was no right to critise others when he's less than perfect. Adulterers pretty much span the spectrum of politics. It has been said most US Presidents of both parties had mistresses. Sadly celebs are just exposed to too much temptation and a lot succumb.

I agree he's behaved very badly and deserves to be orally pilloried for it but I still think he has the right to satirise greedy bankers, wife-beaters and bigots who have do a lot more harm than he has especially if some people find it funny. I'm on the fence - some of his stuff is funny and thought provoking but I disliked him for a long time because of 'We are History' which I thought was utter pants. He is a tad smug and I'm not surprised he wasn't pleasant to work for although him being an adulterer does surprise me. Disapointed that Mitch Benn and Hugh Dennis weren't liked though I always liked them.
  • mirandawebmirandaweb Posts: 3,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    katmobile wrote: »
    Disapointed that Mitch Benn and Hugh Dennis weren't liked though I always liked them.

I've not met Hugh Dennis, but I've seen Mitch Benn a few times in the pub after gigs (chatted to him briefly once or twice as I knew the other performers) and he's always come across as a likeable bloke.
  • lyndalahugheslyndalahughes Posts: 270
    Forum Member
    scone wrote: »
    He was in a sitcom ages ago and was quite fat in it.

There is only one place I like my man to be fat, it ain't his belly.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 703
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Striker22 wrote: »
    Completely agree, although that's show business , show me a celeb that isn't a leftie.
    How many votes do Labour actually gain through their policies versus those votes placed "just cos vat David 'I'm a lay dee' Walliams votes for em" ?
    Leftie celebs waste no opportunity spouting their Lefty leanings.......Eddie Izzard, David Tennant and Adele just to name 3.
    And yes, there are easily led people who would vote because Adele claims "she has always been a labour girl"

Media/celeb land is predominately Left wing, it's a wonder the Etonian boys have ever got near Westminster !:p

Hmm, I think you're mistakenly conflating celebrities voting for Labour with celebrities holding Left-wing views. Labour are definitely not a Left-wing party anymore. I'd certainly say celebrities in the media are predominantly liberal in their beliefs, but not necessarily Left-wing. Brigstocke is in somewhat of a minority in that he's open about the fact that he holds left/centre-left views. I don't think you can say the same for most people in the public eye. There certainly is a liberal skew though - I can say that for sure.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Isn't MB that one off 'Big Cook Little Cook'? My eyes say no but my nuts say go :o:o

No not him, but perhaps another role he played KIng Stupid fits him better
  • sconescone Posts: 14,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There is only one place I like my man to be fat, it ain't his belly.

??????? Yet you still hold objections to being wolf whistled at by a builder and you come out with lines like this :eek:

And don't try and say it means something else :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ??????? Yet you still hold objections to being wolf whistled at by a builder and you come out with lines like this :eek:

And don't try and say it means something else :D

It's different.

A man who wolf whistles at her is being sexist to one woman. Her comment is sexist to all men. And that's okay because....reasons.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 254
    Forum Member
    Nasty piece of work - did this on the day that Jacko died
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrTCS5gDJ6w
  • Jo MarchJo March Posts: 9,256
    Forum Member
    Know what you mean, it's like she's the living embodiment of jazz hands. Highly punchable.
    :eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jo March wrote: »
    :eek:

Why the shock?
  • Jo MarchJo March Posts: 9,256
    Forum Member
    Why the shock?
    I would have thought that was self evident.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jo March wrote: »
    I would have thought that was self evident.

Yes to a twee person, haven't you ever said oh I could slap someone, because most people have, it doesn't mean they would actually punch the woman
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,449
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes to a twee person, haven't you ever said oh I could slap someone, because most people have, it doesn't mean they would actually punch the woman

Exactly, never ceases to amaze me how people can be so literal on here.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    elnombre wrote: »
    Malliday said: "I hope that anytime this smug, self-satisfied snob, who for years has taken such obvious glee in ridiculing and insulting others for their faults, misfortunes and opinions, decides to have a dig at somebody in future he gets reminded of just how much of a creep we all now know him to be."

I pointed out that the kind of people Brigstocke tends to take glee in ridiculing are - from what I've seen - people who have suffered far larger moral lapses than his, and despite his own nasty, selfish activities, I don't think 'but you cheated on your wife' would be much of a retort for them.

You said "We aren't talking about rapists, murderers or corrupt bankers."

My point is, yes we are, because those are the type of people Brigstocke tends to ridicule, not other comedians.
    Although Brigstocke did have a bit in his last tour (may still be ongoing) about Jimmy Carr and his tax avoidance, saying all he and his comedian friends have long known he was a c**t. So in that particular case, "but you cheated on your wife" may be a good retort.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Geiger wrote: »
    Although Brigstocke did have a bit in his last tour (may still be ongoing) about Jimmy Carr and his tax avoidance, saying all he and his comedian friends have long known he was a c**t. So in that particular case, "but you cheated on your wife" may be a good retort.

Fair enough on that one.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Always sad when a marriage breaks up, but if a person starts looking outside they are either incapable of committment (and it probably isn't the first time) or they do it because the relationship isn't working. If he played the field while on honeymoon or while his wife was pregnant that would be different.
  • DemizdeeroolzDemizdeeroolz Posts: 3,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He was in a sitcom ages ago and was quite fat in it.

His body was a strange shape, wasn't just that he was overweight he was very bottom heavy. I'd happily take Si from Hairy bikers or Ricky Grover, gorgeous big cuddly men.
  • GlowbotGlowbot Posts: 14,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No they've been messing around for two years behind his wife's back and he might still be doing the same if she hadn't found out and thrown him out. That "perfect weekend" shambolic lying interview was done in 2011 when he had been mucking around with Hayley for a year. He was lying to the pair of them, her and his wife.

At least Sophie has had the balls to chuck him out when she found out. Hayley seemed happy to be the bit of fluff for two years.

My favourite things
    Poker and conversation
    Chilli – the preparation of chilli is a very important part of a man’s life
    The camper van, family time

Pants on fire Brigstocke! :D:D
    What, just because you like family time doesn't mean you can't like buffing emmerdale strumpets from time to time.

I quite like MB, bit shocked really.