FlukieFlukie Posts: 40,578
Forum Member
Brilliant!

Can't wait for Part 2.

Comments

• Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member
    Well errrm yes.
    What, where, when, link, summary or something of that order?
  • FlukieFlukie Posts: 40,578
    Forum Member
    Well errrm yes.
    What, where, when, link, summary or something of that order?

Sorry! It's on Gold. 'Exclusive to Gold' Clearly the BBC didn't fancy paying for something that isn't Reality Rubbish even though Porridge was one of their finest ever.

It's the 'Definitive Story' of Porridge. 3 parts. Tonight was Part 1.
    It's repeated at 11pm.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Flukie wrote: »
    Sorry! It's on Gold. 'Exclusive to Gold' Clearly the BBC didn't fancy paying for something that isn't Reality Rubbish even though Porridge was one of their finest ever.

It's repeated at 11pm.

Knowing GOLD they will show part one on tuesday like they did with Morecambe & Wise 3 parter last year.
  • Heston VestonHeston Veston Posts: 6,495
    Forum Member
    Is this a new programme? Given that the four main participants have passed on, it's hard to see what new offerings would have been brought to the table.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is this a new programme? Given that the four main participants have passed on, it's hard to see what new offerings would have been brought to the table.

Its just mainly people who had sod all to do with the show. What the **** did David Walliams ever contribute to the show?
    Forum Member
    Its just mainly people who had sod all to do with the show. What the **** did David Walliams ever contribute to the show?

Not appearing in it?
  • TheWayItIsTheWayItIs Posts: 4,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Keith Allen driving around South Wales to rediscover the locations used in the Pilot episode was something we could also have done without.
    However, it was good to see the two writers interviewed and also to see them laughing back at a scene played on a TV for them to comment upon.
    Tony Osoba, who played McLaren looks rather.. err..pale these days.
  • FlukieFlukie Posts: 40,578
    Forum Member

Yes, it is new. it's described as the 'definitive' story taking it from the beginning, talking to Ian and Dick and actors who played Lukewarm, McClaren, Bunny, Grouty, As well as Richard's wife Judy and daughter Kate.
    It's over 3 parts and it's definitive in as much as it's certainly never been done like this before.
    So it has 'famous fans' - so what? it was a brilliant show, lots of people loved it.

I loved it last night, anyway. I think Porridge is probably my favourite sit-com of all. All the sit-coms I like are from the past cos I don't find any modern day comedy funny!
    Looking forward to part 2.
    Nice touch to have Blanco doing the narration. :)
  • Par6Par6 Posts: 225
    Forum Member
    Enjoyed it, despite Keith Allen and walliams.
    Just an hour listening to the writers discuss each episode and how they constructed the script and any ideas that were shelved would have been enough for me. Also more on the casting would be nice.
  • VincentHVincentH Posts: 363
    Forum Member
    Suffered from the usual problems of modern TV, in that about a quarter of the show was taken up with teasing what was coming up, as though we've the attention spans of goldfish.

Also did the first 10 minutes suffer from sound issues, or maybe I need to clear my ears out!

Gold obviously spent a bit of money on it and there was some interesting bits, but it felt 'over-produced' like so many TV shows today, when a 'less is more' approach would have been more effective.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TheWayItIs wrote: »
    Keith Allen driving around South Wales to rediscover the locations used in the Pilot episode was something we could also have done without.
    However, it was good to see the two writers interviewed and also to see them laughing back at a scene played on a TV for them to comment upon.

I dont mind Allen but if you are getting someone to view certain locations Osoba would have been a better choice.
  • AidanLunnAidanLunn Posts: 5,320
    Forum Member
    Flukie wrote: »

It's repeated at 11pm.

I see you're in to lazy generalisations, then? Thinking that the BBC turned it down because it isn't "reality rubbish" when in fact they weren't approached in the first place about the idea.
    Forum Member
    TheWayItIs wrote: »

Keith Allen? Give me strength...