Who do you buy presents for at Christmas?

big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,153
Forum Member
✭✭
Who do you buy Christmas presents for? If it was up to me I'd only buy for the wife, kids and each others parents, sadly it's not upto me as the wife takes full charge of gift buying.

This year she has bought for the following.
Me
Our daughters
Our daughters friends
Our daughters teachers
Her work colleagues
Our neighbours (2 sets and both have 2 kids)
Aunts
Uncles
Nieces
Nephews
Cousins
Her brothers
My sisters
Her parents
My parents
friends of the family
Her friends and their kids
And loads more.

It drives me nutty because we don't receive many gifts in return. The wife says it's about giving not receiving.

What about you?

Comments

• MintMint Posts: 2,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just buy for children. Children don't feel obligated to buy something in return - unlike some of those that your wife is buying for.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My dad and his lady friend
    My 2 brothers
    My 2 sisters
    3 closest friends

That's it.
  • PunksNotDeadPunksNotDead Posts: 21,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mum
    Dad
    Brothers
    Sisters
    Aunts
    Uncles
    Cousins
    Grandparents.

Always make sure i buy them at least one gift each so they have something to open on christmas day!
  • NoseyLouieNoseyLouie Posts: 5,651
    Forum Member
    my two daughters
    my partner
    mum and dad
    my brother
    a neighbour

Thats it :) did get my partners mum a little something when she visited in November, she lives in Southern England hopefully next year we may get down to visit her :)
  • muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Daughter
    Mum
    Dad

That's it.

Thank heavens :D

ETA: I do have brothers but one lives in Holland and the other in Surrey, they both have way more money than me and we were never allowed to spend more than £5 on each other from the age of 15 or so, so it's become a non-issue in our family. However, now that my parents are older and need caring for, I like to buy them something for Christmas because we do see them on Christmas day and it's nice to give them a surprise.

ETA: I lied!! I buy presents for my two good friends, who I met through DS funnily enough.
  • sutiesutie Posts: 32,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Judging by the number of gifts under the tree, half the bloody world!

Merry Christmas everyone. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sutie wrote: »
    Judging by the number of gifts under the tree, half the bloody world!

Merry Christmas everyone. :)
    Haha :D

Merry Christmas Sutie :)
  • RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    Sister.
    Brother-in-law.
    Nephew.
    Bro-in-law's mum.
    Bro-in-law's dad.
    Bro-in-law's brother.
    Bro-in-law's sis-in-law!
    Friend 1 and her husband.
    Friend 2.
    Friend 3.
    Niece and great-niece (when I see them next).
    2 dogs.
    2 cats.
  • swingalegswingaleg Posts: 103,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't buy presents for anyone......:blush:

I send my brother a cheque.......:blush:

that's it.........:blush:
  • DaisyBillDaisyBill Posts: 4,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My children, my daughter in law and my grandson.
    I used to have to buy for a lot more people, which I used to find stressful.
  • TardisSteveTardisSteve Posts: 8,077
    Forum Member
    Mum
    Dad
    Girlfriend
    Girlfriend Parents
    Girlfriends Brother
    Girlfriends Cats
    Friends
    The wife says it's about giving not receiving.

i agree with her
  • KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    My mother, sister, brother-in-law and three dogs.
  • netcurtainsnetcurtains Posts: 23,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My mum and dad, my husband, our two kids and my best friend's little girl.
  • Pumping IronPumping Iron Posts: 29,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Mrs and my parents.
  • PuckyPucky Posts: 4,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This year I've bought for my boyfriend, my parents (presents each and then a joint one between them), my niece and my nephew. My brother has had money issues this year so I've told him not to bother buying for me and spend the money he'd spent on a pressie for us on the kids instead.
    I buy presents for my parents, my OH buys for his mum & brother.
  • BlueEyedMrsPBlueEyedMrsP Posts: 12,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My mom and her husband
    My son from all of us
    My daughter from her Grandma and Grandpa (my mom sends me money and I buy stuff from them to put under the tree)

Normally I'd buy for my daughter and husband, but this year hubby and I are not exchanging gifts but instead will be going out together for a nice meal. We're giving the kids cash this year so they can go on a shopping spree to get what they like. :) This is the first year we've done this so we'll see how everyone likes it and it may become our new tradition.

I also buy stocking stuffers but I cut way back on those, only buying confectionery things to go in them, no 'gifts'. I found in the past it got a bit expensive to do it for 4 people.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My mom and her husband
    My son from all of us
    My daughter from her Grandma and Grandpa (my mom sends me money and I buy stuff from them to put under the tree)

Normally I'd buy for my daughter and husband, but this year hubby and I are not exchanging gifts but instead will be going out together for a nice meal. We're giving the kids cash this year so they can go on a shopping spree to get what they like. :) This is the first year we've done this so we'll see how everyone likes it and it may become our new tradition.

I also buy stocking stuffers but I cut way back on those, only buying confectionery things to go in them, no 'gifts'. I found in the past it got a bit expensive to do it for 4 people.
    That's why my parents do with me, it means I can think about what I want and get what I want and it works very well :D Also, it's great that you go for a meal together, having something that's just for you both :)
  • CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,801
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    This year just my nephews and niece.

I got fed up of sending lists to my brother and sister. Better to get anything I want for myself rather than entrust it to anyone else to buy the things I actually asked for (even with an Amazon hotlink they'd get it wrong).
  • BelfastGuy125BelfastGuy125 Posts: 7,515
    Forum Member
    Mum,dad, bro, sis.
  • gregrichardsgregrichards Posts: 4,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mum, dad, papa, aunties, uncle, some cousins, cousins kids & last but not least my cat.

Merry Christmas everyone hope you all have a nice time.
  • DangermooseDangermoose Posts: 67,729
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The mother, sister, 2 brothers and 7 cats :D Stopped buying for friends a few years ago due to costs & too much clutter
  • gregrichardsgregrichards Posts: 4,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The mother, sister, 2 brothers and 7 cats :D Stopped buying for friends a few years ago due to costs & too much clutter

7 cats how do you cope? Do they go after the wrapping paper? My Persian Winston is demanding enough I couldn't cope with seven. He wouldn't let me wrap things today and is currently guarding the presents under the tree beside his own.
  • DangermooseDangermoose Posts: 67,729
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    7 cats how do you cope? Do they go after the wrapping paper? My Persian Winston is demanding enough I couldn't cope with seven. He wouldn't let me wrap things today and is currently guarding the presents under the tree beside his own.

Ahh they're not all mine. Me & my siblings have 7 between us. I've 3 (though one missing :() and my sisters one with me temporarily. Amazingly they are all really well behaved with paper, pressies & the tree. No idea where I went wrong !!! :D Winston sounds ace .... listen out for rattling after you've gone to bed ;)
  • big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Merry Christmas everyone. Best wishes, peter, the wife and girls. .x