Options

VM Superhub 2 Struggling

simps100simps100 Posts: 514
Forum Member
✭✭
Hi all

Having a few issues at home with my Superhub 2 - Currently I have a 8 port 1gb Switch plugged into it with my main PC, Apple TV / Airport Express and Smart TV plugged into it, in the other ports of the superhub there is a Sonos system, Philips hue and NAS.

I've noticed recently if streaming a movie using Plex things start to really struggle - for example Sonos will cut out - im considering buying another 1GB switch and plugging all into this - does anyone have any recommendations and think this could solve the issues im having?

Cheers

Marc

Comments

• Options
    MaxatoriaMaxatoria Posts: 17,980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not all switches are the same, its the switches ability to transfer the data not just connect at 1Gb/Sec that matters and also cheap switches have no sort of flow control so if one thing really starts sucking up the bandwidth theres nothing you can do with things like QoS or even VLANs

Might be worth looking for a second hand proper switch from cisco or somewhere else and spending some time setting up things properly but make sure you check the exact model number of the kit as the very cheap stuff may just be 10/100 which if setup properly will probably be fine for shunting around movies etc