Nokia C3

00tommo00tommo Posts: 2,195
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Has anyone on here got one?
My wife quite likes the look of it and is probably going to get one. Just wondered if anyone had an opinion?

Comments

• MeicYMeicY Posts: 2,585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bought mine last night. Once you get used to the QWERTY keypad it's very good. For the price tag the limits are S40 not Symbian, and no 3G. Plus there seems to be some sort of bug which prevents the internet browser from using WIFI connection which is being looked at by Nokia folk. The built in mail, facebook and twitter apps are good though. Just don't expect much on Ovi to be compatible.
  • MeicYMeicY Posts: 2,585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    UPDATE: After a few day's hard Googling, I've managed to solve the C3 bug. It does involve downloading the latest Opera Mini from Ovi and then ignoring the built-in browser/preloaded Opera Mini completely, but it's worth it. If anyone wants the fix it's here:

http://discussions.nokia.co.uk/t5/Cseries/The-C3-Two-problems/td-p/775126

PS -- now that's fixed, what I have is an £80 QWERTY widescreen phone with maps, email, Facebook, Twitter, MP3 player... plus with with WIFI it enables me to stream Shoutcast radio and watch YouTube videos. I think that's the bargain of the century.
  • finbaarfinbaar Posts: 4,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MeicY wrote: »
    UPDATE: After a few day's hard Googling, I've managed to solve the C3 bug. It does involve downloading the latest Opera Mini from Ovi and then ignoring the built-in browser/preloaded Opera Mini completely, but it's worth it. If anyone wants the fix it's here:

http://discussions.nokia.co.uk/t5/Cseries/The-C3-Two-problems/td-p/775126

PS -- now that's fixed, what I have is an £80 QWERTY widescreen phone with maps, email, Facebook, Twitter, MP3 player... plus with with WIFI it enables me to stream Shoutcast radio and watch YouTube videos. I think that's the bargain of the century.

For an extra £20 you could have got the bargain of the century - a Orange SF.