Options

TV Anywhere on 2 iPads, issues

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25
Forum Member
I have two iPads and the kids wanted to stream kids TV while I watched the main TV. First iPad registered successfully and one happy daughter. However, when setting up the second iPad it insisted I registered it again, so I did. Then I attempted to watch something else and it insisted I register it again, only now I've used up my two device registrations and have to wait for the next month to do another.

I'll probably end up ringing Virgin but anyone have any bright ideas about how I can register two iPads and have them both stay registered?

Comments

• Options
    RorschachRorschach Posts: 10,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The only thing that occurs to me is that all the documentation on line says that you can register "two different devices", and it kind of depends what they mean by "different".

If this means they have to be different types of items rather than just seperate items then it means you can have "Andriod phone + PC laptop" or "MAC laptop + iPad" or "IPhone + IPad" but you can't have "iPad + iPad". So when you register your second daughter's iPad it overwrites that of the first, thus using up your change for that month. If you try to register the first one again and it wouldn't let you, which would seem to match your experience.

If this is the case then it means your daughters could only have TV on their iPads in alternate months.

EDIT - The word different does seem to show up almost everywhere on line, even in reviews, and why else would you have to say different devices? I mean obviously two items wouldn't be the exact same item, so it could just say "lets you register two devices".