81% 84 votes
LOST
18% 19 votes

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loved Lost (mostly) but no comparison to BB.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,547
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You can't compare Lost to a masterpiece like BB.
  • Options
    StressMonkeyStressMonkey Posts: 13,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't rate either, but I lasted 3 seasons with BB but only 1.5 with Lost so I suppose I'd say BB was 'better'
  • Options
    Joel's dadJoel's dad Posts: 4,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    d3nium wrote: »
    You can't compare Lost to a masterpiece like BB.

Lol I know but back in the day Lost was historical.
  • Options
    mred2000mred2000 Posts: 10,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BB is FAR more fulfilling, Lost was a cash cow that they went too far with (advertising greed from the network/producers left them thinking it would be an ongoing at one point) and didn't have time to wrap up.
  • Options
    flagpoleflagpole Posts: 44,641
    Forum Member
    Lost was shit.

like really drunk sex:
    You thought it was a good idea when you started. but once you get going, whilst you are further from the start you do not appear to be any closer to the end. then you begin to think it is never going to end.
  • Options
    big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Completely different shows but I had to pick breaking bad
  • Options
    LucyyculLucyycul Posts: 1,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No brainier breaking bad blows lost out the water
  • Options
    mred2000mred2000 Posts: 10,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    flagpole wrote: »
    Lost was shit.

like really drunk sex:
    You thought it was a good idea when you started. but once you get going, whilst you are further from the start you do not appear to be any closer to the end. then you begin to think it is never going to end.

Post of the Month! :D
  • Options
    LushnessLushness Posts: 38,169
    Forum Member
    Who in crazy hell picked LOST? lol
  • Options
    Joel's dadJoel's dad Posts: 4,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lost was shit.

like really drunk sex:

Love this description :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The OP is Robert Mugabe!:D:D

Voted for BB, no contest.
  • Options
    Seanieb1983Seanieb1983 Posts: 1,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Breaking Bad seems to be heading some some sort of ending, not the cluster**** of oh shit we had no idea what we were doing so lets just make it what we said it would never be that Lost writers gave us.
  • Options
    Seanieb1983Seanieb1983 Posts: 1,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lost was shit.

like really drunk sex:

And when you realise it's going to be never ending, you have to fake it. :D
  • Options
    JackappleJackapple Posts: 854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This poll is a no contest, BB vs The wire or The Sopranos would have been closer at least.
  • Options
    SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lost for me, it will always be one of my all-time favourite shows.
  • Options
    lalalala Posts: 21,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You can't compare 'Lost' to 'Breaking Bad'. That's like comparing 'Once Upon A Time' to 'The Sopranos'. Or 'Boston Legal' to 'The Wire' :eek:

There's no comparison there at all. Two totally different shows, with different values, concept and quality. You just can't compare the quality of a broadcast show to a scripted cable one.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Lost for me, it will always be one of my all-time favourite shows.

You might think the question of whether Lost is better than Breaking Bad was subjective and there was no right or wrong answer.

But it isn't and there is. In the same way as a ford cortina GL is better than a ford cortina L Breaking Bad is fundamentally better than Lost.
  • Options
    ParthenonParthenon Posts: 7,499
    Forum Member
    The only show I'd compare to BB is GoT, but at just 3 seasons old that show is still pretty much in its infancy. For now, BB is the best I've seen, and I've watched Lost, The Sopranos, The Wire etc.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Parthenon wrote: »
    The only show I'd compare to BB is GoT, but at just 3 seasons old that show is still pretty much in its infancy. For now, BB is the best I've seen, and I've watched Lost, The Sopranos, The Wire etc.

BB may not be the greatest show of all time. Opinions will differ.

But Lost is not on the same league as the sopranos, the wire, true blood, west wing.
  • Options
    ritchritch Posts: 2,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lost was my all time favourite series, it was incredibly ambitious to squeeze in all those characters and plot lines so there was bound to be a few dips but I forgave that because when Lost was on form it was sensational, all the finales were top notch stuff and waiting for a season was a killer.

Lost has been knocked of its pedestal a bit since this last season of Breaking Bad. BB was always a tiny bit behind Lost but you can’t argue with this last season. In terms of writing BB is very hard to pick apart, there are a few things to question but the plot lines are near water tight and the series as a whole has just got better and better. Its very rare you get a series ending on a high like that, literally each episode tops the previous one. Incredible.

While I love Lost I have to admit that Breaking Bad is overall the better show, it is generally better written and has deeper characterisations, it also has always had a clear vision of where its going, this was evident from the start, its pretty incredible seeing Walt’s journey. Lost didn’t have that clear direction, I never liked to admit they were making things up as they went but that last season made it difficult to argue that point, I still liked the finale a lot but the season was pretty weak imo. If Lost managed to pull of an incredible last season like BB has it would probably be ahead. So Breaking Bad for me.
  • Options
    ritchritch Posts: 2,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lala wrote: »
    You can't compare 'Lost' to 'Breaking Bad'. That's like comparing 'Once Upon A Time' to 'The Sopranos'. Or 'Boston Legal' to 'The Wire' :eek:

There's no comparison there at all. Two totally different shows, with different values, concept and quality. You just can't compare the quality of a broadcast show to a scripted cable one.

you can compare to a degree. Based on what a series is meant to do, in relation to maintaining a viewers attention. Personally I'd say Breaking Bad has done a better job in its final season than Lost did. other things you obviously cant compare I guess
  • Options
    charliesayscharliesays Posts: 1,367
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lost was like Dexter for me. I stuck with it to see it through to the end but its best days were very much early on when it had a real focus.

BB has maintained its excellence, and the character development means that it's been an upward curve for each season for me. It's up there with the very best TV has had to offer.
  • Options
    trevon1trevon1 Posts: 6,530
    Forum Member
    Breaking Bad easily. Lost was horrible after a while. It started really strong, but it was clear they ran out of ideas pretty quickly.
  • Options
    stoatiestoatie Posts: 78,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    trevon1 wrote: »
    Breaking Bad easily. Lost was horrible after a while. It started really strong, but it was clear they ran out of ideas pretty quickly.

I even liked a lot of the later stuff in Lost, but it really was bloated. They could have told that exact same story in four seasons, and then maybe they could have kept it tight enough that they weren't quite so painted into a corner by the time they had to write an ending. And THEN maybe they could have written a better one.

Breaking Bad, on the other hand, hasn't an ounce of fat on it.