Oscar Pistorius Trial (Merged)

josjos Posts: 9,992
Forum Member
I know it sounds petty but I'll ask anyway. If she's been forced into the toilet in fear and has gone in there to hide or just to escape Oscar for a period of time and perhaps locked herself in.. would she not have put the toilet seat down to sit on it? I think the prosecution believe she was stood up when shot which I get but if she's been in there due to a row, would she not instinctively have put the seat down?

Not if she had just got into the toilet and slammed the door if he was chasing her and she was trying to protect herself

Continuation of: Oscar Pistorius Trial (Merged)

Comments

• AJ_TvllAJ_Tvll Posts: 3,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is a bummer !
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,340
    Forum Member
    Isn't this about the 5th thread on this now?
  • sandy50sandy50 Posts: 22,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    is this new thread ?
    awww
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AJ_Tvll wrote: »
    This is a bummer !

what is??
  • InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jos wrote: »
    Not if she had just got into the toilet and slammed the door if he was chasing her and she was trying to protect herself

If she had put the toilet seat down however I suspect it would be important. Just playing advocate.

And we're in a new thread. See you tomorrow. I just hope there aren't any unexpected displays of photos. I really wish they'd warned about that today. :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If Nel's cross-examination of OP is akin to grilling him on the stand, OP will come out tomorrow not well-done, but burnt to a crisp !
  • RhumbatuggerRhumbatugger Posts: 85,713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think she was the side nearest the bathroom entrance, OP was near the balcony and fans side.... but someone here may confirm that..;-)

I will - she was on the side nearest the balcony, he was on the settee side, where the holster was found.
    baccy wrote: »
    Could it be that Reeva possibly grabbed her jeans in the middle of a row and ran into the bathroom intending to get dressed to leave. OP then tried to stop her and took the jeans off her, threw them out of the bathroom window in a temper and told her she wasnt going anywhere! She then got scared and locked herself in the bathroom?

I've posted this theory, she grabs her jeans and phone and says she's leaving, he chases after her, throws her jeans out the window, grabs her phone, she turns and locks herself in the toilet. Makes sense, but only speculation.
    when I first saw the toilet cubicle, I thought about that actually and personally I would put the seat down and sit a bit hunched up sort of hugging myself in that confined space!! that is, when I think about it .. what I would do... she was standing in front of the door, which, to me, sounds like she rushed in there, locked it and the deed was done pretty quickly... .BUT that does not fit with my thought that he hammered the door first, with the bat...as in that scenario, you would def sit away if poss from the door if he was bashing it!!! a mystery....:confused:

I think he was terrifying and she was trying to talk to him through the door, to get him to calm down. That fits with her character, I think.

He got the bat and hammered the door, the panel the door and broke a bit off, he could see her. She was absolutely beside herself then, screaming for her life, stood up near the door and then he told her he was going for his gun and then he did and came back and shot her.

She was upright because she tried to talk him down, she was upright because she was at that point hysterical, and she died.

I think she fled into the bathroom and things escalated very quickly.

Not that we'll ever know for sure.

What a palaver, had to rescue this, hope it works:o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    what is??

Starting a new thread…I just finished writing something, pressed submit reply and poof... it was all gone…it did not post on this thread or the previous one… i.e. bummer :)
  • daziechaindaziechain Posts: 12,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would have thought it more likely she would have put the seat down if she went in there to have a pee, which OP is suggesting happened, if she was hiding from OP it may not have been her priority.
    I think Inspiration means the lid .. not the seat. The lid was up but then it may always be up for all we know .. everything seems to be broken in that house or perhaps they just don't close the lid. The amount of people that leave their lid up is shocking (I know this .. I've watched thousands of DIY programmes :D)
    Anyway .. if she ran in there to escape .. it's unlikely she'd sit down and make herself comfy .. when we're on alert .. we tend to stand.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Starting a new thread…I just finished writing something, pressed submit reply and poof... it was all gone…it did not post on this thread or the previous one… i.e. bummer :)

Real pain.

You have to go back, copy, go to gd, get the new thread and paste.
  • josjos Posts: 9,992
    Forum Member
    This is a bummer !

I know I was wondering where my "quote" button had gone
  • barrbarrellabarrbarrella Posts: 3,601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sandy50 wrote: »
    is this new thread ?
    awww

Oh sandy I had just written a long reply to your post... no idea now what It was about and it has gone... I thought I had been thrown out!! thread finished..and my reply gone!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

How annoying!!!! you write some really interesting posts y the way!!!:)
  • barrbarrellabarrbarrella Posts: 3,601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rhumba,,, you said I had the side of the beds wrong.. thanks for that because it makes a difference... so HE was on the bathroom side, she was near the windows...... which side was the gun.. was it under her side of bed?? becos of his shoulder he had moved...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Real pain.

You have to go back, copy, go to gd, get the new thread and paste.

Nope..I tried that but it returned to some error page…guess my post is in limbo now… or purgatory !! :D
  • hopeless casehopeless case Posts: 5,245
    Forum Member
    Oh for crying out loud how am I supposed to answer a post now?

AJ, not sure what you are referring to. My doubt it comment was not about whether other messages could be brought up, but just that I doubted whether Nel had saved any particular ones for XX, as Roux had not brought them up himself, and if there was a smoking gun (oops) it is almost always in the defence's interests to address that in XIC rather than letting it go to XX.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How annoying!!!! you write some really interesting posts y the way!!!:)

Actually, now that I think about it…it wasn't that interesting after all… it's just all that effort going to waste is taxing !! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,548
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OP said he couldn't use reeva's iPhone due to it being passcoded. On the iPhone enter passcode screen it has an emergency services call button.
    Picture of iphone passcode screen: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-fLHmsY6L1HA/UR02EsJCLRI/AAAAAAAAUe4/_3OsJneRWoE/s1600/iOS+6.1+Hack+allows+iPhone+lock+screen+bypass.jpg
    And update iPhone passcode screen http://cdn.cultofmac.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/iPhone-5s-passcode-640x480.jpg

If the phone is passcode locked you can still use the emergency services.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rhumba,,, you said I had the side of the beds wrong.. thanks for that because it makes a difference... so HE was on the bathroom side, she was near the windows...... which side was the gun.. was it under her side of bed?? becos of his shoulder he had moved...
    Hang on then....if we're to elieve him....he's there sorting out the fan(singular) and she gets out of ed and in that narrow space he doesn't realise she's walked out of the room.....she must have virtually fallen over him!!! although I'm curious as to why he needed to say he was sleeping on that side....surely it made more sense for him to say he had slept on the other side?
  • Sweet_PrincessSweet_Princess Posts: 11,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can the judge just get on with sentencing after all the evidence we have heard its obvious he is gulity
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh for crying out loud how am I supposed to answer a post now?

AJ, not sure what you are referring to. My doubt it comment was not about whether other messages could be brought up, but just that I doubted whether Nel had saved any particular ones for XX, as Roux had not brought them up himself, and if there was a smoking gun (oops) it is almost always in the defence's interests to address that in XIC rather than letting it go to XX.

LINK
  • josjos Posts: 9,992
    Forum Member
    OP said he couldn't use reeva's iPhone due to it being passcoded. On the iPhone enter passcode screen it has an emergency services call button.
    Picture of iphone passcode screen: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-fLHmsY6L1HA/UR02EsJCLRI/AAAAAAAAUe4/_3OsJneRWoE/s1600/iOS+6.1+Hack+allows+iPhone+lock+screen+bypass.jpg
    And update iPhone passcode screen http://cdn.cultofmac.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/iPhone-5s-passcode-640x480.jpg

Thanks for posting that because that was my first thought today when I heard him

I don't have an I Phone personally.
  • hopeless casehopeless case Posts: 5,245
    Forum Member
    Yes you have linked me to this twice. I have explained what I meant. What do you think I meant?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Something that struck me today was OP’s comments on Dr Stipp. He said something along the lines of “he didn’t seem to know what he was doing, I think he was overwhelmed by it all, he could only tell me to do the things I was already doing, he went off outside though I was screaming for him to come back.”

I found that quite disingenuous. It seemed to be an attempt to discredit the a key witness for the prosecution, and this was a guy who heard the incident, screamed at his wife to get away from the balcony when he heard the shots (so genuinely protective as opposed to Oscar’s brand of ‘chivalrous’ protection), contacted security as he was getting dressed, and then went above and beyond the call of duty and set off to the house. He knew there was someone shooting a gun there (he thought there were about seven shots, I think) and that there was possible danger but he went anyway because he wanted to help if there were children involved. He also seemed like an intelligent man when he was in the witness box.

And there OP is, almost painting him as this bumbling, overwhelmed fool who was inept at saving Reeva, and f***ed off outside when Oscar was pleading for help.

This doesn’t damn OP as guilty, obviously, but it does reveal something fairly unpleasant about his character, I think.

This is from the last post on the old thread - I'll get the name and edit.

Barnaclehead12

I agree.

It's just more understanding of how OP will denigrate those who go against him, he was trying to denigrate a witness, but I honestly think that that sort of thing is just natural to him.

He blamed his friend TWICE while minimising his own parts in the gun incidents as well, and dismissed his ex as some sort of bunny boiler.

He even seemed to think that Darren Fresco was to blame for the shooting incident in the restaurant - handing him a loaded gun (which OP had asked to see) for not telling him it was loaded (which he said he had) even though OP PULLED THE TRIGGER, which had a safety included and must have been a deliberate act.

He said he'd been careless but it was Fresco who should shoulder the most blame.

Serious picture here, and he NEVER fails, he has hardly a sincere good word to say about anyone. It's all 'due', or they can take any blame, or they are crap.

Or in Reeva's case 'an Angel'.

He's really repugnant. All he had to say is it was good of Stipp to come over and try to help he'd have had a LOT of brownie points for me, but no, it's not IN him.
  • teagenieteagenie Posts: 146
    Forum Member
    I had heard that Reeva's bladder was empty, suggesting she had been to the toilet..... So that doesn't fit with her running into the toilet to hide from OP.

If that was the case then surely she wouldn't do the toilet - she would be too scared??
This discussion has been closed.