Options

Hollyoaks - if Mercedes gave HIV to Malachy...

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,013
Forum Member
✭✭✭
... Then technically the majority of the characters could be infected.

Think about it...

Russ (Mercedes)
Tina (Mercedes->Russ, Mercedes->Tony)... on that note, poor baby Max...
Tony (Mercedes)
Jacqui (Mercedes->Tony)
Dom (Tony->Tina)
Warren (Mercedes)
Louise (Mercedes->Warren)
Calvin (Mercedes->Warren->Louise)
Carmel (Mercedes->Warren->Louise->Calvin)
Steph (Mercedies->Warren->Claire->Max)
Niall (Mercedes->Warren->Claire->Max->Steph)
Danny (Mercedes)
Rhys (Mercedes)
Kris (Mercedes)
Mandy (Mercedes->Warren)

Just goes to show how serious it is. That, and far too many people sleep together in soaps.

Comments

• Options
    xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,273
    Forum Member
    I thought it was Malachy who gave it to Mercedes.
  • Options
    CassTrelawneyCassTrelawney Posts: 1,663
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    leaby wrote: »
    ... Then technically the majority of the characters could be infected.

Think about it...

Russ (Mercedes)
    Tina (Mercedes->Russ, Mercedes->Tony)... on that note, poor baby Max...
    Tony (Mercedes)
    Jacqui (Mercedes->Tony)
    Dom (Tony->Tina)
    Warren (Mercedes)
    Louise (Mercedes->Warren)
    Calvin (Mercedes->Warren->Louise)
    Carmel (Mercedes->Warren->Louise->Calvin)
    Steph (Mercedies->Warren->Claire->Max)
    Niall (Mercedes->Warren->Claire->Max->Steph)
    Danny (Mercedes)
    Rhys (Mercedes)
    Kris (Mercedes)
    Mandy (Mercedes->Warren)

Just goes to show how serious it is. That, and far too many people sleep together in soaps.

But it was Malachy who potentially gave it to Mercedes was it not? :)
  • Options
    Miffy290580Miffy290580 Posts: 10,959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It would only be Kris that would be affected because the rest she hasn't slept with since sleeping with Malachy. Her & Russ/Warren were over a long time ago!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's how they're playing it, but it could be the other way round, surely? Malachy was diagnosed after he slept with Mercedes. Though it is inexcusable was that he slept with her knowing full well that he could be transmitting a fatal virus.
  • Options
    LucyyculLucyycul Posts: 1,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He doesnt know how long he has had it so maybe she did give it to him
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 727
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I pretty sure they writers have written it to be Malachy passing to Mercedes. I don't believe they would infect two thirds of their cast with HIV
  • Options
    LennieLennie Posts: 25,362
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mal is the one who infected Mercy coz remember they both went to give blood and Mal got a call saying he is infected whilst Mercy didnt, so its all started from Mal
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,168
    Forum Member
    i dont watch hollyoaks anymore...but were they short on female cast members for a time? how could one girl have slept with so many people? after about half youd expect blokes to run a mile!!
  • Options
    CANDYANGELCANDYANGEL Posts: 21,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So does Mercedes have HIV as well?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    leaby wrote: »
    That's how they're playing it, but it could be the other way round, surely? Malachy was diagnosed after he slept with Mercedes. Though it is inexcusable was that he slept with her knowing full well that he could be transmitting a fatal virus.

No, it couldn't be the other way round.

HIV takes three months to show in the blood so there is no way Malachy could have caught the virus from Mercedes and have it show up in his blood so quickly. It doesn't work that way!

Plus, if Mercedes was infected, she would have had a call from the blood clinic as she donated blood at the same time as Malachy.
  • Options
    Arcane2Arcane2 Posts: 13,409
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Then Hollyoaks will soon be a ghost town.
  • Options
    dickronsondickronson Posts: 2,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does she definately have it? she doesn't know yet, she hasn't even had the test?
  • Options
    ThaGazBoiThaGazBoi Posts: 15,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Arcane2 wrote: »

Your post's havent made me laugh for a long while- Until now.

Genius. :D
  • Options
    Slow_LorisSlow_Loris Posts: 24,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Arcane2 wrote: »

why would it be a ghost town? People can live pretty much normal life expectancies if they are diagnosed with HIV. The most recent estimates are 49 years.... so not entirely sure how it could lead to a ghost town.
  • Options
    Slow_LorisSlow_Loris Posts: 24,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Emily83 wrote: »
    No, it couldn't be the other way round.

HIV takes three months to show in the blood so there is no way Malachy could have caught the virus from Mercedes and have it show up in his blood so quickly. It doesn't work that way! QUOTE]

Doesnt always take three months, it is a maximum of three months but can be much shorter - it depends, three months is the maximum window time to be out of the woods.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gilesb wrote: »
    Doesnt always take three months, it is a maximum of three months but can be much shorter - it depends, three months is the maximum window time to be out of the woods.

Three months is the standard testing window. If you get a negative result after that time, you can be pretty sure you're safe.

But even if it didn't take that long for Malachy, it certainly wouldn't show up in his blood in a matter of days!
  • Options
    Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is a good storyline to deal - I wonder where they will take it from here
  • Options
    FlukieFlukie Posts: 40,578
    Forum Member
    xTonix wrote: »
    I thought it was Malachy who gave it to Mercedes.

He hasn't. She thinks she's infected - even though she's so ignorant she thinks it's AIDS and she'll be dead next week :rolleyes: ... but she won't be infected. They'll just give her a scare for 3 months til she gets the results of tests she'll take.

And then in November they're getting married.

Interesting this'll be before she gets her test results so she'll still think she's got HIV ... so when she gets the results that are negative, will she stay with him or not?
    That's a storyline in itself!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 312
    Forum Member
    The didnt actually sleep together until after Mal and Mercy gave blood, there was this whole thing abut him acting weak from giving blood that lead to their first encounter.

Also:
    Jennifer Metcalfe confirmed in an interview with Digtal Spy that Mercedes would be infected with the disease
  • Options
    FlukieFlukie Posts: 40,578
    Forum Member
    SexiLexi04 wrote: »
    The didnt actually sleep together until after Mal and Mercy gave blood, there was this whole thing abut him acting weak from giving blood that lead to their first encounter.

Also:
    Jennifer Metcalfe confirmed in an interview with Digtal Spy that Mercedes would be infected with the disease

No, she didn't.

She says Mercy is convinced she's got it. They'll just scare her for 3 months til she gets the all clear.

They mentioned in the Star today about Mercy marrying Mal in November. They said they won't say if she's infected or not, or 'it would spoil it for the fans' so no one is supposed to know. So Jenny wouldn't say such a thing in an interview before it's even on screen.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I read that interview and the actress sounds almost as ignorant as her character. She said something like when she heard about the HIV she thought that they were going to kill her off. Surely even if she does have it most young people now, could expect to live a decent length of life. I know it can make a person vulnerable to other health problems but I thought it sounded bad.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,441
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I pretty sure they writers have written it to be Malachy passing to Mercedes. I don't believe they would infect two thirds of their cast with HIV

no that would be a bit strange! it was malachy who gave it to mercedes - unlss the twist is that it was the other way round...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 604
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm liking this storyline, but they're going to be dragging it out over Christmas now, keeping us on tenterhooks as to whether Mercedes does have HIV or not what with the three month time window in which it can take to become infected.
  • Options
    Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Isn't there two tests? One at the beginning and then one 3 months later?
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They should have written it so that she was the one who infected him, much much greater impact.