Options

Rise of the Tomb Raider for Xbox consoles only!

191011121315»

Comments

• Options
    HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Glad to have confirmation it will eventually arrive on PS4. I really enjoyed the reboot and look forward to eventually getting to play this game.
  • Options
    Gemma_HardingGemma_Harding Posts: 692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yuffie wrote: »
    You can't bet my left testicle, bet your own testicles !

There was one or two people who thought that the timed exclusive thing meant it would come to PC next year but because MS were part funding the project it wouldn't come to PS4. I'm sure there'll be some comments in the first page or two of this thread saying so.

Anywho at least we have a time and I can look forward to getting it next year (assuming it's any good of course)

Ooh! Good point. We Ps4 owners can see if its worth our hard earned money. Never thought of it in that way
  • Options
    circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    its really not end of world. unless you are a gamer who must buy everything on release.

for sony players i would just suggest completing uncharted 4 first.

first tomb raider was class so it should definitely be played even if you have to wait.
  • Options
    shoestring25shoestring25 Posts: 4,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    they really need to bring this forward to October so people can play it before fallout 4 and battlefront other wise its sales will suffer
  • Options
    jcafcwjcafcw Posts: 11,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am looking at buying this sometime in 2017. I only got the first game on PS+ and there will be games ahead of this.

Will play it on PS4.
  • Options
    Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The last one was a very good game but it didn't sell brilliantly

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tomb_Raider_(2013_video_game)#Sales
    The game had sold more than 1 million copies in less than forty-eight hours of its release.[103] In the United Kingdom, Tomb Raider debuted at number one on the charts, and became the biggest UK title launch in 2013, surpassing the sales of Aliens: Colonial Marines, before being overtaken by Grand Theft Auto V.[104][105] Tomb Raider set a new record for the franchise, more than doubling the debut sales of Tomb Raider: Legend. Furthermore, the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 versions of Tomb Raider set new week one records as the fastest-selling individual formats of any Tomb Raider title so far, a record which was previously held by Tomb Raider: The Angel of Darkness.[104] Tomb Raider also topped the charts in France, Ireland, Italy, the Netherlands, Norway, and the United States.[106][107][108][109][110] In the United States, Tomb Raider was the second best-selling title of March, excluding download sales, only behind BioShock Infinite.[111] In Japan, Tomb Raider debuted at number four with 35,250 units sold.[112] On 26 March 2013, Square Enix announced that the game sold 3.4 million copies worldwide at retail, but has failed to reach predicted sales targets.[113] However, on 29 March 2013, Crystal Dynamics defended Tomb Raider* '​s sales, stating the reboot had the "most successful launch" of any game this year in addition to setting a new record for highest sales in the franchise's history.[114] On 22 August 2013, Darrell Gallagher, head of product development and studios for Square Enix, announced on Gamasutra that the game sold more than 4 million copies worldwide.[115] On 17 January 2014, Scot Amos, executive producer of Tomb Raider, revealed that at the end of 2013 the game achieved profitability.[116] On 3 February 2014, Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition, a re-release for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, debuted atop of the UK charts.[117] On 6 March 2014, Gallagher predicted that the game would surpass 6 million units by the end of the month.[118] By April 2015, Gallagher announced that the sales had reached 8.5 million, making the game the best-selling Tomb Raider title to date.[119]
  • Options
    dephanix02dephanix02 Posts: 373
    Forum Member
    Matt D wrote: »

I think what they meant was it was considered a disappointment by the creators until the PS4 / XB1 port.
  • Options
    stefmeisterstefmeister Posts: 8,397
    Forum Member
    dephanix02 wrote: »
    I think what they meant was it was considered a disappointment by the creators until the PS4 / XB1 port.
    Yeah, The initial release missed its sales targets & didn't start making them a profit until they released the remaster.

I saw a bit of speculation yesterday that not hitting its sales targets & not making them the sort of profit they had hoped may have played a role in them making the deal with Microsoft as Square may have been less willing to spend as much as was needed on ROTTR given how TR didn't get them the profit they had hoped it would.
  • Options
    Matt35Matt35 Posts: 30,137
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Will be getting this on xbone. Certainly not waiting a year for it to come to ps4.
  • Options
    YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    Matt35 wrote: »
    Will be getting this on xbone. Certainly not waiting a year for it to come to ps4.

Oh if you have both consoles then its a no brainer that you'd want to play it this year instead of next.
  • Options
    fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yuffie wrote: »
    Oh if you have both consoles then its a no brainer that you'd want to play it this year instead of next.

If it has a killer multi-player component I will wait a year and get the same version as all my mates. But of going to be a blast thought it in single player experience, then I may as well grab it this year on Xbox One.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,848
    Forum Member
    He4rt wrote: »
    :confused:

Phil Spencer said that this exclusivity deal had a duration ages ago, the only thing that seems to be new news is that it will take a whole year to hit Playstation consoles.

Never mind

Hawkmoon
    4th Horseman
  • Options
    gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If its good I will wait more than a year and not pay full price as punishment for them doing a deal with MS.
  • Options
    JoystickJoystick Posts: 14,259
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Luckily I have both consoles and will get this on release, loved the last one.
  • Options
    YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    gillyallan wrote: »
    If its good I will wait more than a year and not pay full price as punishment for them doing a deal with MS.

I kinda had similar thoughts, buying exclusivity of games isnt something Im down with (I say this the day after I download the Street Fighter beta),, but if its a really good game then it might be hard to keep my hands off it as I loved the first one.
  • Options
    JimezJimez Posts: 187
    Forum Member
    There will be plenty to keep me occupied until Holiday 2016. In fact, there is enough to keep me going this year and into early next year. I mentioned somewhere that when this does eventually arrive on PS4 next year that PS4 gamers (if there is DLC out within the first year) should get an edition which includes said DLC.