I am sure that Kate is thinner than Diana when she was pregnant?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bit of a disingenuous comment really as this thread seems to be having a pop as well.

I don't like her. I don't like the royals and I don't find it admirable to have never done a proper day's work in order to wait to marry into money. That aside, some women are naturally slender and Kate is clearly one of them. Some women are enormous when pregnant - some have tiny bumps. I'm sure she will have the best medical care money can buy and will carry a healthy baby to full term.

As for bone health - as thin women get older they have to take calcium supplements to protect against brittle bone disease. Kate is probably already doing this.
    Kate only got that skinny for her wedding, and she kept the weight off..she was never fat but she certainly went on some extreme diet, it aged her too.
  • Saltydog1955Saltydog1955 Posts: 4,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nikkiclody wrote: »
    She's a pain in the arse.
    I bet the Queen is really peed off and annoyed by her and misses Diana!
    all the trouble over her topless photos, then the poor nurses suicide, then more topless photos. She just causes trouble and causes misery. Nothing really good to say about her at all. No amount of good PR will help her she is not likable.

She is an annoying boring skinny bland bint. She probably swaps dieting tips with Peaches Geldof, another Mother who is starving herself.

And of course Diana never gave the Royals any trouble did she? She only went and spoke to a journalist who was writing a book, appeared on TV to talk about her wreck of a marriage....no, NO trouble at all, and the Queen loved her to bits. So much in fact, she didn't fly the Union Flag at half-mast when Diana died.

I hope you notice the sarcasm there. :cool:
  • katmobilekatmobile Posts: 10,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nikkiclody wrote: »
    She's a pain in the arse.
    I bet the Queen is really peed off and annoyed by her and misses Diana!
    all the trouble over her topless photos, then the poor nurses suicide, then more topless photos. She just causes trouble and causes misery. Nothing really good to say about her at all. No amount of good PR will help her she is not likable.

She is an annoying boring skinny bland bint. She probably swaps dieting tips with Peaches Geldof, another Mother who is starving herself.

It was not her fault that nurse committed suicide and if she's on too strict a diet than surely that is the fault of the media of are merciless on any public figure who dares to risk being too fat.
  • milliejomilliejo Posts: 2,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She has been called "waity Katie" by the press, who have clearly learnt nothing...
    Why should she has photos of her topless in the press, usually taken by cowardly paparazzi and long zoom lense? The problem isn't Kate when it comes to the press, both William and Harry hate them, have hated the intrusion since they were children, the lies they write about their parents whom they love and the fact they were continually followed as small children. There is no way Prince William will want that life for his children.
  • SmartTIIamSmartTIIam Posts: 453
    Forum Member
    Julie68 wrote: »
    I'm surprised Hoity Toity Kate has allowed for the photos to be shown. She seems to think she can pick and chose when she wants her photo taken.
    I really do not like the social climbing gold digger..

if she marries into the Royal family, she has to behave like them. She will be Queen one day and in all honesty, is that a lifestyle you would actually want?
  • MurraymarMurraymar Posts: 4,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Her parents are renowned social climbers tho

So doing well for yourself is social climbing. I learn something new everyday
  • Jo MarchJo March Posts: 9,256
    Forum Member
    lexi22 wrote: »
    :confused:Hilary Mantel didn't have a go at her, in a book or anywhere else. She gave a talk - an excellent one - about her new book, Royal Bodies, and if you read the transcript (link below) of that talk, rather than taking the DM's misinterpretation of it as fact, you'll see that Mantel was in fact on Kate's side and her target was, funnily enough, the media and their insistence on presenting her and other royal women before her as docile, empty, inane clotheshorses there to fulfil the public's fantasy of what a princess/queen should be.

It's a cracking read and it's such a shame it's been so moronically misinterpreted, ironically, by the very people she's targetting.

http://www.lrb.co.uk/v35/n04/hilary-mantel/royal-bodies
    David Cameron is amongst those who think she did ...:rolleyes: and nobody has taken him to task :rolleyes:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2013/feb/19/david-cameron-hilary-mantel-duchess-cambridge
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jo March wrote: »
    David Cameron is amongst those who think she did ...:rolleyes: and nobody has taken him to task :rolleyes:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2013/feb/19/david-cameron-hilary-mantel-duchess-cambridge

What's with the :rolleyes:s? And you're wrong, he was quite rightly roundly ridiculed for it also, as was the DM and every other idiot who failed to process what they read. Or in the case of Mantel's talk, failed to read and instead took the DM - the irony! one of Mantel's key targets! - at its word!

And Cameron is an ass of the first order and I enjoyed seeing him make an absolute fool of himself.
    Forum Member
    I'm more than happy to have been wrong about nobody taking him to task over this ...I've been rather busy with grand-children this week so the articles you've cited went unnoticed by me so thanks for posting them :D
  • L_SilverwolfL_Silverwolf Posts: 770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jo March wrote: »
    I'm more than happy to have been wrong about nobody taking him to task over this ...I've been rather busy with grand-children this week so the articles you've cited went unnoticed by me so thanks for posting them :D

You're very welcome. Hope you had a good half term with the grand kids. :D

Right - so we've established that the Daily Mail often prints rubbish, and that Cameron can be an arse. Is anyone really surprised by this bombshell? ;)
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Right - so we've established that the Daily Mail often prints rubbish, and that Cameron can be an arse. Is anyone really surprised by this bombshell? ;)

No, but it is nice to see both held up to public ridicule. :cool:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,437
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I couldn't believe how think Kate looked when I saw pictures of her with her four month baby bump.I was really shocked at her appearance.
    Remembering Diana she was never this thin when she was pregnant.
    Surely that can't be either good for mother and unborn baby for her to be so thin?
    Between this woman having a go at her in her book and Viviane Westwood as well it seems that Kate can't do right for doing wrong.
    Why is it nowadays that Women have to be seen as being thin if they are in the public eye?
    I wonder as Victoria Beckham and other clebs who starve themselves to be thin how will this effect their bones as they get older?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2281371/Kate-Middleton-just-Diana-Lite-says-Julie-Burchill-A-N-Wilson-argues-Duchess-Cambridge-textbook-royal.html

just FYI - A woman didn't "have a go at her in a book" she was mentioned in a speech about how the media and public have always treated royal women as property and baby making machines. Unfortunately said media completely missed the point and created a ridiculous backlash
    Forum Member

Lovely,thanks ..:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7
    Forum Member
    Well, they are different people.
  • Black VelvetBlack Velvet Posts: 702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    GerriP wrote: »
    just FYI - A woman didn't "have a go at her in a book" she was mentioned in a speech about how the media and public have always treated royal women as property and baby making machines. Unfortunately said media completely missed the point and created a ridiculous backlash

Aye well what else do you expect from a Mail online reader?:o
  • Julie68Julie68 Posts: 3,137
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SmartTIIam wrote: »
    if she marries into the Royal family, she has to behave like them. She will be Queen one day and in all honesty, is that a lifestyle you would actually want?

She knew what she was marrying into and wanted that too. She knew fine well the press would follow her every move so she can not pick and chose when she has her photo printed just to suit her.
    If she didn't want the lifestyle, she should never have married William but her and her parents wanted the limelight and a crown so tough on them if they don't like what comes with it..
  • Saltydog1955Saltydog1955 Posts: 4,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She knew what she was marrying into and wanted that too. She knew fine well the press would follow her every move so she can not pick and chose when she has her photo printed just to suit her.
    If she didn't want the lifestyle, she should never have married William but her and her parents wanted the limelight and a crown so tough on them if they don't like what comes with it..

So being in love with William has nothing to do with anything then? If she's on holiday she has every right not to have paps intruding on it. Her parents didn't 'want a crown' and don't have one as they aren't royal, even if their daughter married one.
  • user1234567user1234567 Posts: 12,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Being photographed at public appearances is one thing but it went too far that time the topless photo's were taken. Did you see how far away the photographer was? It wasn't like she was parading around topless on an open beach.

It's not just that everyone is entitled to some private down time but everyone needs some private down time. She's still a person at the end of the day and needs her space.
  • Black VelvetBlack Velvet Posts: 702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Being photographed at public appearances is one thing but it went too far that time the topless photo's were taken. Did you see how far away the photographer was? It wasn't like she was parading around topless on an open beach.

It's not just that everyone is entitled to some private down time but everyone needs some private down time. She's still a person at the end of the day and needs her space.

Where was the royal security that this could have happened? That was my first reaction when I heard about these photo's. That could have been a teleescopic gunsight instead of a long lens camera.
  • Gill PGill P Posts: 21,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This certainly is a pointless thread. Apart from hoping that she has a comfortable pregnancy I am not bothered. Also everyone and every pregnancy is different. I was thin as a rake for my first and huge for my second!
  • incy wincyincy wincy Posts: 839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Where was the royal security that this could have happened? That was my first reaction when I heard about these photo's. That could have been a teleescopic gunsight instead of a long lens camera.

She's always at risk of telescopic gunsight. When she goes to visit sick kids in a hospital, or whatever she does with her day, the Royal security won't vet every house she drives past to get there, and as she's stepping out of the car, there will be buildings all around where someone can easily hide and aim with some sort of long distance gun.

The only way she, and the rest of the Royals, can prevent this is to walk around in some sort of armour all day.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member
    Murraymar wrote: »
    So doing well for yourself is social climbing. I learn something new everyday

I didnt say her parents were doing well, I said they are renowned social climbers. They only mix with those and such as those
  • Julie68Julie68 Posts: 3,137
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didnt say her parents were doing well, I said they are renowned social climbers. They only mix with those and such as those

Very true. They apparently sent their daughters to St. Andrews university because that's where the 'titled' people go and they wanted titles for their daughters. Well, Kate certainly had her eyes on the prize there...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Very true. They apparently sent their daughters to St. Andrews university because that's where the 'titled' people go and they wanted titles for their daughters. Well, Kate certainly had her eyes on the prize there...

Pippa went to Edinburgh. You seem so well versed in people you hate, I thought you'd know that basic fact.