Options

Is Tom Cruise too old at 53 to marry a 22 year old young girl?

Comments

• Options
    FusionFuryFusionFury Posts: 14,121
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    After she passed 20, it is down to her.
  • Options
    NorthernNinnyNorthernNinny Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    djfunnyman wrote: »
    Yet you don't see attractive young males with rich old women!

Maybe it's more embarrassing for men to be seen to be basically getting paid to be an old women's plaything ?

Or else they just don't get the great personality thing ? ;-):D
  • Options
    Poppy99_PoppyPoppy99_Poppy Posts: 2,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope he is not going to marry her. He is too old for her. He looks his age. From a distance he doesn't but close up you see the hair dye and the slightly plastic looking face. He is creepy too. This would be his fourth marriage. His "religion" gets in the way.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 310
    Forum Member
    I briefly saw him on TV yesterday promoting the new MI film and he looked his age to me. He certainly couldn't pass for 35, in my opinion.
  • Options
    ChparmarChparmar Posts: 6,367
    Forum Member
    I think a 10-15 year age gap is okay - but anything more: well it would have to be a real soulmate relationship.
  • Options
    acid rainacid rain Posts: 6,997
    Forum Member
    Tom needs a young wife if he wants any more children.

A woman in her twenties is obviously going to be more fertile than someone his own age.
  • Options
    donna255donna255 Posts: 10,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    djfunnyman wrote: »
    Yet you don't see attractive young males with rich old women!

Actually you do, usually heiresses, some in their 70s married to 30 year old toy boys. Of course you won't see much about it in the showbiz column, they are in the South of France or some such. Heiress dies and he gets his pay day and the family moan about it all.
  • Options
    roddydogsroddydogs Posts: 10,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Barbara Windsor & Joan Collins much younger hubbies.
  • Options
    nw0307nw0307 Posts: 10,924
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He's probably hoping that this version won't 'short-circuit' like the last one - Katiebot v.3.0. She found a way out of the stepford wife nightmare and obviously has some major hold on him not to go after Suri. Let's hope this one has a good lawyer. Might sound attractive - a celebrity lifestyle and all the money, but I guess it would wear anyone down, being in a loveless marriage of convenience - just being wheeled out for photo ops and premieres. Wonder if the turkey baster will make an appearance again?
  • Options
    The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The age isn't an issue, but the fact that he's 2nd in command in the 'church' of Scientology would have me running for the hills - even if there was $10 million on offer.
  • Options
    .Lauren..Lauren. Posts: 7,864
    Forum Member
    Doesn't he marry whomever the Church of Scientology tells him to marry? Anyone with an ounce of sense would avoid him like the plague however much money was thrown at them.
  • Options
    The DoveThe Dove Posts: 1,221
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MrSuper wrote: »
    Tom Cruise isn't going to marry anyone let alone his PA.

What hasn't been mentioned by the press conveniently enough is that his PA is in a relationship and already has a boyfriend!!! She isn't getting married and it won't be to him.

This is nothing but a publicity stunt to deflect questions off the Scientology documentary Going Clear which was released in cinemas last month and portrays Tom in a negative light. Why ask questions about that when you can ask about his rumoured new FAKE girlfriend! He has a new movie coming out at the end of the month. Don't fall for this BS.

Think of the bigger picture people.

This needs repeating. Cruise is desperate to avoid any of the questions raised by Going Clear. Investigative reporter Brian Seymour was specifically banned from the press meetings for the new film because he has done several reports into Scientology abuses in Australia.
  • Options
    shaddlershaddler Posts: 11,574
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Miscavige probably told Tom to do it.
  • Options
    dee123dee123 Posts: 46,274
    Forum Member
    Blondie X wrote: »
    It's not his age that's the problem, it's the fact he's batshit crazy that should make her run for the hills

LOL. Exactly.
  • Options
    wilehelmaswilehelmas Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tom Cruise looks great for 53. In fact, he looks great if he were 35.

But is he too old for his girlfriend who is 22 years young. He's planning on marrying her too. :o What can they have in common??

That means he is almost old enough to be her grandfather. Say if he was 16 when he had a kid and that kid also had a kid at 16.

Do you shudder at the thought of his ageing body slobbering over her? I must say I find the age gap a bit distasteful. I mean, why can't Tom find someone closer to his age?

Has he got a problem? Does he think he's a 53 year old trapped in a younger man's body?

I'd like to know your thoughts, please. Thanks. :)

Somehow I don't think that's happening.
  • Options
    gold2040gold2040 Posts: 3,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently she is already in a relationship, according to the Sun

though I found it interesting The Mail left this detail out for whatever reason in its writeup
  • Options
    FlukieFlukie Posts: 40,578
    Forum Member
    I find it rather funny that for the purpose's of this story, this grown, adult 22 year old woman has been referred to as a 'girl', when they refer to 18 year old's as women!

Al the front page headlines I saw referred to her as a 'British girl' so I assumed she was about 17, til I saw how old she actually was! lol

I presume the real story for these people is that she apparently looks a bit like his last ex-wife.
  • Options
    LushnessLushness Posts: 38,170
    Forum Member
    Good luck to them, but I hope she doesn't get pregnant for her sake! :eek: Although saying that my two births were virtually silent, I wasn't a screamer at all during childbirth and I'm sure many women were the same. I just wouldn't want to be told that I couldn't scream if I wanted to.....
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    egghead1 wrote: »

If she hasn't broken it off with him, it could very well be a business arrangement.
  • Options
    vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tom Cruise looks great for 53. In fact, he looks great if he were 35.

But is he too old for his girlfriend who is 22 years young. He's planning on marrying her too. :o What can they have in common??

That means he is almost old enough to be her grandfather. Say if he was 16 when he had a kid and that kid also had a kid at 16.

Do you shudder at the thought of his ageing body slobbering over her? I must say I find the age gap a bit distasteful. I mean, why can't Tom find someone closer to his age?

Has he got a problem? Does he think he's a 53 year old trapped in a younger man's body?

I'd like to know your thoughts, please. Thanks. :)

Tom Cruise is gay apparently.
  • Options
    David WrightDavid Wright Posts: 4,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think people are generally too judgmental about other people's relationships.

Who know's if it will work out but good luck to them I say.
  • Options
    planetsplanets Posts: 47,784
    Forum Member
    donna255 wrote: »
    He has blue eyes, famous for them.

wrong

green eyes
    famous for them
  • Options
    MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think people are generally too judgmental about other people's relationships.

Who know's if it will work out but good luck to them I say.

:o Are people that gullible! It's not going to work out because they're NOT and never have been in a relationship! I can't believe what i'm reading here that people actually think it's the truth. The mind boggles. You really will believe any old rubbish printed in the papers!
  • Options
    grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    vaslav37 wrote: »
    Tom Cruise is gay apparently.

:o Really? Why hasnt this important information been revealed? ;-)