Corrie Live: Did anyone else..

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 374
Forum Member
feel like it wasn't even live? :eek: I felt like I was just watching a normal ep. Im beginning to ask myself whether they have lied to us and told it was live when it wasn't..:p

Absolutely Fantastic performance by everyone! Can't say I could point out any mistakes.

Well done Corrie!

Comments

• xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,259
    Forum Member
    I agree, I notice two mistakes, only little though. But to be fair, they did have ad breaks, but it was a brilliant episode, well done to everyone.
  • Leicester_HunkLeicester_Hunk Posts: 18,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Where was the snow?
  • ArthurJBearArthurJBear Posts: 6,909
    Forum Member
    There was no snow all week so why would there be any now. It would have just een cleared away
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it hasnt snowed since weekend in lancashire plus they cleared any snow traces from the street yesterday.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wasn't expecting great things from a live show, but thought it was really well done. :)
  • PootmatootPootmatoot Posts: 15,640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The only mistakes I saw were the nurse not being able to shut the doors, and a few odd camera pans.

The split-second scene changes were very impressive indeed.
  • wordfromthewisewordfromthewise Posts: 2,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Deathbed weddings are a bit too 'soapy' for me and I have never quite bought into the fast tracked Afghanistan storyline but apart from that very very good indeed.......contemporary drama to be proud of.....
  • kushtiimayteekushtiimaytee Posts: 9,732
    Forum Member
    I agree the only part I thought looked live was the scene where Gary ran to hide with the curtain.
    Is it to do with HD making it seem not live?
  • Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,808
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    xTonix wrote: »
    I agree, I notice two mistakes, only little though. But to be fair, they did have ad breaks, but it was a brilliant episode, well done to everyone.

The ad break probably did help - but it was an hour as opposed to half an hour.
    Forum Member
    Pootmatoot wrote: »
    The only mistakes I saw were the nurse not being able to shut the doors, and a few odd camera pans.

The split-second scene changes were very impressive indeed.

You didn't see Carla near sending Peters machine thingy flying in the hospital? it near fell lol. :D
  • magsy56magsy56 Posts: 2,137
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brilliantly acted, brilliantly written, brilliantly produced.
  • Zayna99Zayna99 Posts: 538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was very very slick. Kept forgetting it was live.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 75
    Forum Member
    i agree that it didnt seem live. if i didnt know i would have thought it was a normal episode!
  • valtimmyvaltimmy Posts: 7,158
    Forum Member
    I agree the only part I thought looked live was the scene where Gary ran to hide with the curtain.

I dunno because although I have Sky HD, I watched it on the normal Sky ITV channel 103 and I didn't think it was live. It was too perfect so if it really was live, then well done Corrie!!!
  • valtimmyvaltimmy Posts: 7,158
    Forum Member
    xTonix wrote: »
    You didn't see Carla near sending Peters machine thingy flying in the hospital? it near fell lol. :D

Yes I saw that. For a minute I thought she did it deliberately to set it off!
  • Polly_PerkinsPolly_Perkins Posts: 21,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was raining, no snow. It started to rain at the end.

But it looked flawless to me. It was all rather stressful :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,457
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was FANTASTIC! When I first started watching I was playing "spot the mistake" and as a viewer I was on edge waiting for them. After about 5 mins, I settled down and just totally enjoyed it as the acting was amazing! Considering there could be no re-takes etc what we saw was outstanding and they must of worked so hard in rehearsals to pull that off. Credit to them.

I am a big EE fan to but this live episode knocked socks off the EE one IMO.

The only person who let the team down was Ken. He really was just a wooden squinting puppet. Very over-rated. He gets by on the fact he was there first, that's it.

Leanne was amazing, I even liked Claire tonight!

I did not want the episode to end tonight :(
  • Aaron_ScotlandAaron_Scotland Posts: 8,487
    Forum Member

No, Eastenders seemed live because when they cut to a new scene it often took a second for the actors to notice they were on and begin. Coronation street were very slick,
  • GloriaSnockersGloriaSnockers Posts: 2,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought the 'deathbed wedding' was a bit over the top too. If that was the man I loved laying there then I'd say 'Stuff the wedding. If you want to do it that badly then we'll do it later'. Whatever he claimed his wishes were while his mind was distorted with pain and terror there is no way I could listen to him forcing out wedding vows when each breath was more likely to be his last the harder he struggled to speak. I think most people would feel the same.

Likelihood of events aside though, I thought it was a very polished performance. A bit too polished if I'm honest. I generally think that the non-believers who always spring up on these occasions just to say 'There's no way that was live!' are only making themselves look daft, but I think they might have been given good reason to wonder this time, on account of how extraordinarily well it went.

The only performance I thought was really ropey was William Roache, but that's standard even for a recorded episode. When he was standing casually at the foot of the bed and said 'Well you read about these things in the papers, but can they be done?' as the deathbed wedding was suggested, he sounded like he was talking about a record breaking domino topple attempt from one end of the hospital to the other. You'd never think that the deathbed wedding under discussion was his son's, the son who was dying before his eyes. No wonder Peter turned to the bottle.
  • thebill22thebill22 Posts: 1,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really did not think it was live until i noticed Davids hairstyle had changed from yesterday. I think someone should of made a mess up just to show that its live. The thing about EE, it was much more fast paced where as this was slow and it had no real stunts in. It was too good if im being honest.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was raining, no snow. It started to rain at the end.

But it looked flawless to me. It was all rather stressful :)

It made me :(:(:(

Was fab!
  • BK.BK. Posts: 1,483
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It did feel like it wasn't live after about the first 5 minutes for me. I don't think it was a conspiracy though, just an amazing effort paid off well!
    Forum Member
    valtimmy wrote: »
    Yes I saw that. For a minute I thought she did it deliberately to set it off!

She did push a button, but she tried the take that machine thingy with her :D only little mistake I saw.
  • sillymoosillymoo Posts: 243
    Forum Member
    At first I didnt think it was live as it was such good quality, but Sallys desperate over acting gave it away.
    I have a feeling that Peter and Leanne got married in such a rush so that if Peter does pop his clogs, Leanne will find it easier to keep Simon. It will be interesting to see if Ashleys eldest son's biological father turns up to claim him (you know, the father who made a fuss of turning up in his cchild's life, went to court, got a weekend visit and was never heard of again).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Whatever he claimed his wishes were while his mind was distorted with pain and terror there is no way I could listen to him forcing out wedding vows when each breath was more likely to be his last the harder he struggled to speak. I think most people would feel the same.

That is very true.

Though it would be a brave person to turn down what may be a dying mans last wish...so for that I went with it ;)