Was Kym Marsh the only cast member not involved in the live episode of Coronation St

2»

Comments

• mrs.deschanelmrs.deschanel Posts: 3,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Asha
    Aadi

babysitter was mentioned - was it someone called Dawn?? - who was keeping them overnight.

Josh
    Freddie

were shown during the week until they vanished upstairs in the pub. We all know children can disappear up there for months on end.

Simon

after Jason rescued him Deirdre was looking after him as mentioned by Ken at the hospital

Russ

not seen but mentioned and was in the time vortex upstairs at the pub

Liam

Maria mentioned him being with a friend for the night

Amy

mentioned as wanting Becky. Another one in the time and space vortex.

Max

went missing before the tram crash

Other Cast

Liz

something odd there as she's been missing for ages

Michelle

just as well she wasn't on but probably due to bumpness

Gail

weird that she vanished into oblivion after Nick got out

Emily

may be distracted by knitting tea cosies for charity or something. Very odd she was missing.

Betty

doesn't live on the street so no reason to appear really as no one fancied a hotpot

Bill

lives elsewhere

Pam

lives elsewhere

Deidre

looking after Simon

So everyone mentioned on the show or understandably missing apart from Gail's mysterious disappearance and Emily not being in it. I can definately understand not wanting kids involved in some of the scenes. They were at night as well so there must be rules about kids hours.
  • LemonadeManLemonadeMan Posts: 81,710
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Liz and Michelle were the only two adult cast members not to appear at all during the anniversary week, is that correct?
  • Jib111Jib111 Posts: 518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Liz and Michelle were the only two adult cast members not to appear at all during the anniversary week, is that correct?
    Jim also.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 81
    Forum Member
    I hope Beverley Callard's depression hasn't returned. It has definitely been odd that she hasn't been seen - and was obviously not part of the storyline, because of the poor explanations given - rather like when she went off suddenly last time.

I wonder whether Gail not being in the live ep could have as simple an explanation as her being ill on the night. With a cast and that big the odds of someone being having flu or a stomach bug must be quite high!
  • robertaloud30robertaloud30 Posts: 3,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Helen Worth didn't appear in the 40th anniversary live either? Maybe the actress is just too nervous to do it? As for Beverley Callard..wasn't she doing Loose Women when the tram stuff was all being filmed? maybe she just had time off?
    But dont understand why Diedre or Emily were not in it..maybe they didn't want to give the actresses too much stress?
  • lozzerbozzerlozzerbozzer Posts: 5,026
    Forum Member
    I'm assuming kym marsh was missing due to her being pregnant and they didn't want her in the middle of action scenes with the fire and rubble, but why couldn't she have been helping in the cafe or the rovers??
  • granny smithgranny smith Posts: 604
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Beverley Callard recently got married so she might have been on honeymoon :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 81
    Forum Member
    Beverley Callard recently got married so she might have been on honeymoon :)

Yes, that's certainly possible - but it just seems odd the way her absence has been explained on screen.They must have known well in advance that she was getting married and could have easily written in a believable absence.

Instead she has been "having a night off", "at a brewery do", "in spain" etc etc and seems odd to bring Jim back and them not to have scenes together?

I'm sure there was also a scene where Owen gave Jim back some flowers he had bought Liz?
  • a4514a4514 Posts: 403
    Forum Member
    you forgot Jim Mcdonald
  • a4514a4514 Posts: 403
    Forum Member
    The Children

Asha
    Aadi
    Josh
    Freddie
    Simon
    Russ
    Liam
    Amy
    Max

Other Cast

Liz
    Michelle
    Gail
    Emily
    Betty
    Bill
    Pam
    Deidre

Ok I understand the kids as they are young and there may be some law against them appearing or something i.e Health and Safety Michelle makes sense as Kym is pregnant But Gail that doesn't seem right she wasnt even there when Nick was released
    Emily shes a long standing character it seem weird she wasn't even given a world let alone a line along with other long running residents Deidre and Betty
    Pam and Bill werent even there when molly was pronounced dead COME ON!!

And yes before you ask i am an anorak

and Jim Mcdonald