The Norty Step (off-topic) (Part 2)

Comments

• Abbasolutely 40Abbasolutely 40 Posts: 15,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another tired bunny here .,I worked last night from 23 - 7am and only really got three hours sleep today .But early to bed for me after my favourite Frozen Planet fix at 9pm

Thanks all for getting the Norty Step dusted down , always a great spot for a chat .:)
  • Red WhineRed Whine Posts: 1,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Robin has tweeted to say he is out of hospital. Good to hear that, hope he has a speedy recovery.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Red Whine wrote: »
    Robin has tweeted to say he is out of hospital. Good to hear that, hope he has a speedy recovery.

Thats good news , he must have had a bad infection to be hospitlaized .
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,332
    Forum Member
    Good news about Robin :)

So I'm catching up with all the posts, just as I read JFW's Drogba scores for Chelsea - the feel good vibes must have worked:cool: Not that JFW would be impressed and most likely be pelting me with radishes from Hammy's trebuchet :D

Been Christmas shopping today - feet hurt!

White wine and wotsits if anyone is interested ;)
  • BuddyBontheNetBuddyBontheNet Posts: 28,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't realise that Robin had been admitted to hospital.:( When did that happen and do we know why?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 59
    Forum Member
    heyjude wrote: »
    Good news about Robin :)

So I'm catching up with all the posts, just as I read JFW's Drogba scores for Chelsea - the feel good vibes must have worked:cool: Not that JFW would be impressed and most likely be pelting me with radishes from Hammy's trebuchet :D

Been Christmas shopping today - feet hurt!

White wine and wotsits if anyone is interested ;)

Yes please to the white wine, I've been Christmas shopping too this afternoon, I've not got too much to get now.:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Had a recipe for pistachio and cranberry cookies emailed from BBC Good Food today - they sound wonderful so I shall be making some of those (for RL and for us to share virtually). Nom.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't realise that Robin had been admitted to hospital.:( When did that happen and do we know why?

I think he's been there since Monday, he tweeted to Kristina to thank her for taking his laptop in to him, says he wan't quote so bored now/ then, he had to rest the foot completely, so being in hospital was probably the best way, especially if he lives on his own.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi all,
    Haven't visited the step for ages.How reassuring to see that there are steppers who remember the same pop groups as me!. :o And a discussion about Oxford bags. Forgotten about those.

In fact haven't been online for a while courtesy of Talktalk who had lost my internet connection but have mysteriously restored it after I arranged for an engineer visit despite assuring me it was not a problem with the line. Now unsure whether to assume that one day of uninterrupted internet means I can cancel tomorrows visit.

Bad week. Was eating a toffee (once in a blue moon) and a crown on my back teeth was dislodged and so off to dentist on Saturday. :(

So I have some leftover toffees and fudge if anyone wants to risk their teeth! :eek: Or if you prefer some Green and Blacks mini bars (the ginger one being particularly nice).
  • Button62Button62 Posts: 8,463
    Forum Member
    Flying visit to whisk away all the toffee :D

Arsenal are on the TV so can't stay long..... just long enough to hoover up all the goodies and run.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had Paul Rankin pancakes this morning. Yum!

They sound lovely - am I big fan of his Irish soda bread. Goes down a treat as part of a Celtic cooked breakfast!

When he was on phone to Zoe during Monday's ITT he said he needed some very strong anti-biotics. I think to have these you're usually an in-patient.

(Unless you're Michael Jackson and look what happened there!)

So if he's home, hopefully they've done their job!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

OMG! Is he diabetic perhaps? I know that foot infections are a huge deal for people who are. It must have been very serious if he was taken top hospital. Poor Robin.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He tweeted at 8.24pm that he is back home.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Red Whine wrote: »
    I think he's been there since Monday, he tweeted to Kristina to thank her for taking his laptop in to him, says he wan't quote so bored now/ then, he had to rest the foot completely, so being in hospital was probably the best way, especially if he lives on his own.
    When he was on phone to Zoe during Monday's ITT he said he needed some very strong anti-biotics. I think to have these you're usually an in-patient.

(Unless you're Michael Jackson and look what happened there!)

So if he's home, hopefully they've done their job!

Thanks guys. I clearly wasn't paying attention to what Zoe and Robin had said because I thought he was at home with his foot raised. I wonder if there was a worry about Septicaemia? Glad he's back home.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Re Robin: I don't think you have to be in hospital to be prescribed strong antibiotics. Someone I know (dance teacher in fact) was prescribed them a while ago (really knocked them out for a few days). Robin is on his own but could have someone else stay with him. Maybe they are just trying to fast track his recovery for Strictly.

Anyway, best wishes for his recovery. He seems to be making progress if he is back home. He seems to be a really nice guy, and has such a good rapport with Anita.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just a speculation but I am guessing they put Robin on IV antibiotics if he was hospitalized .Its often a 48 hour IV dose to get a good grip on the infection and once its receded they put them on oral meds

IV ( INTRA VENOUS ) would have to be done by a nurse and he would need dressing as well , so was most likely easier to admit him for a good zap of it
    Forum Member
    Just a speculation but I am guessing they put Robin on IV antibiotics if he was hospitalized .Its often a 48 hour IV dose to get a good grip on the infection and once its receded they put them on oral meds

IV ( INTRA VENOUS ) would have to be done by a nurse and he would need dressing as well , so was most likely easier to admit him for a good zap of it

* Hand up in the air to volunteer to put his trousers on *

Off to the world of retail and leaving toffee fudge cake ..... well, the crumbs really as I ate it all last night whilst catching up with DWTS .... semi final. How much has Rob improved ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Button62 wrote: »
    * Hand up in the air to volunteer to put his trousers on *

?

Haha , maybe you would be less foward to change a dressing !!!

I think I have made up my mind on a final , Holly , Harry and Chelsee for me .Though I will say Holly needs to buck up and get those lazy legs moving or I will wish for Alex instead
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A dancer's feet are so precious, so maybe every possible precaution was taken. There might be a queue to help him dress or give him a hand at home! I bet he feels really weird, not just being at home, but being so inactive and not with his dance buddies or Anita.

It sounds to me like Brendan is choreographing the routine this week. I think he'll be good for Anita, but Robin is still her partner in my mind.

Beautiful day here today btw and bring toasted tea cakes and hot chocolate for all! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,332
    Forum Member
    The IV anti biotics sounds about right, when my daughter had chicken pox years ago, a spot became infected and she had to be admitted to hospital for IV antibiotics.

It will be interesting to see how Anita does with Brendan, especially as I don't think a cha cha cha would be one of her better dances, I won't say that I hope she doesn't go out this week, as if she is the poorest performer she should do - but I hope that she isn't the poorest performer, if that makes sense?

Just done the Tesco order, so kit-kats tomorrow :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    heyjude wrote: »
    The IV anti biotics sounds about right, when my daughter had chicken pox years ago, a spot became infected and she had to be admitted to hospital for IV antibiotics.

It will be interesting to see how Anita does with Brendan, especially as I don't think a cha cha cha would be one of her better dances, I won't say that I hope she doesn't go out this week, as if she is the poorest performer she should do - but I hope that she isn't the poorest performer, if that makes sense?

Just done the Tesco order, so kit-kats tomorrow :D

It makes sense to me Jude! ;):D
  • StrictlyRedStrictlyRed Posts: 12,451
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A dancer's feet are so precious, so maybe every possible precaution was taken. There might be a queue to help him dress or give him a hand at home! I bet he feels really weird, not just being at home, but being so inactive and not with his dance buddies or Anita.

It sounds to me like Brendan is choreographing the routine this week. I think he'll be good for Anita, but Robin is still her partner in my mind.

Beautiful day here today btw and bring toasted tea cakes and hot chocolate for all! :D

That sounds perfect!

Just got in from doing some Christmas shopping and can't wait to put my feet up with a little treat like that.:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where's the 'Time to be positive' thread gone???
    :confused:

Threads are whizzing in, out and waving all about quicker than a room full of tailors!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It says it's been moved, but it looks as if it's been merged with the highlights thread.
    Forum Member
    Haha , maybe you would be less foward to change a dressing !!!

I think I have made up my mind on a final , Holly , Harry and Chelsee for me .Though I will say Holly needs to buck up and get those lazy legs moving or I will wish for Alex instead

Stomach of steel Abba, so no problem there !

My friend and I predicted our final 3 after the first show.... dinner on whoever gets the least correct.

I chose Harry Holly and Dan ( !)
    She chose Jason Harry and Holly. :mad: