Knockers

CaptainObvious_CaptainObvious_ Posts: 3,881
Forum Member
✭✭✭
No, not that kind of knockers

Why do people knock when there is a door bell? Have door bells gone out of fashion?

Comments

• PrincessTTPrincessTT Posts: 4,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I only know 2 people with a (working) doorbell, my Granny and my Grandma.

Everyone else, including myself, either doesn't have a doorbell or has disconnected it / taken out the batteries.
  • BlueEyedMrsPBlueEyedMrsP Posts: 12,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We have one of those wireless doorbells and the batteries are always dying, it's a good thing for us they think to knock most of the time. :D
  • NX-74205NX-74205 Posts: 4,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I used to have one of those wireless ones where you attach the button to the door but the actual speaker can be placed anywhere around the house or taken into the garden with you. I put up with that thing randomly going off at all hours due to interference for months until I finally snapped and gave it a damn good thrashing, Basil Fawlty stylee.
  • LaceyLouelle3LaceyLouelle3 Posts: 9,682
    Forum Member
    I find door knockers much more satisfying than a bell.
  • Cg_EvansCg_Evans Posts: 2,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My postman knocks so hard sometimes I think its the police!!

Yup, my doorbell doesnt work either and cant be bothered to fix it. Maybe put a sign up, please ring the bell, it works,, dont knock

:D
  • bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sometimes callers do ring the doorbell to start with, but if they don't hear it ring, they knock the knocker.
  • tiacattiacat Posts: 22,521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have to visit lots of different people for my job. Even when people know I am coming, they never think to say, our doorbell doesnt work. So I stand there, not wanting to ring too vigorously or too much, no one answering, finally I knock and when I ask, did the doorbell ring? They say, oh you have to press it certain way, or just plain old NO.

So I always knock now. You cant hear whether a bell rings from the outside so you can never tell if they work or not.

Ours also doesnt work by the way!
  • anne_666anne_666 Posts: 72,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Our door bell is wired to the mains and is so damned loud it shocks me every time it rings.
  • yeahbuddyyeahbuddy Posts: 703
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    All my friends and my family have doorbells but I always knock. I don't know why I just do
  • Fancy pantsFancy pants Posts: 804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My doorbell has always worked, but more often than not people ring the doorbell, then knock!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    We have one of those wireless doorbells and the batteries are always dying :D

yea, mine are like this, need to replace new batteries :D it sounds so funny when they die :D