Steps

Comments

• caren197caren197 Posts: 1,644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Faye has always been my fave, even back in the day, Lee actually seems lovely too.

H and Lisa are annoying the hell out of me, acting like it's such an inconvenience when they could have said no to it all.

Claire also gets on my goat too, the whole way she handled the weight questions with that interviewer was so unprofessional!! Yes and we know you have kids, get over it!!!
  • pikeurpikeur Posts: 1,856
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can see where Claire is coming from with the weight thing, she is battling her weight nearly all her life and then when its addressed to her so negatively she gets pissed off, i would be the same. You see the look of dread in her face when the manager was reading reviews and as her weight was mentioned you could tell she was like oh shit how bad will this be and thats a horrible feeling, but she has proved them wrong, and was able to keep up with the all the others proving her weight isnt holding her back.
  • caren197caren197 Posts: 1,644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I understand that but by acting the Way she does makes it more of an issue.

Sorry but the way i see it, if you're going to invite cameras into home taking about your weight (the slave to food series) and in every episode you're stuffing your face with fast food it just opens up for critisicism and also makes me think she can't be that upset about it that she could have cameras following her regarding that issue.

I agree she did so well on the tour but on the series, refusing to answer questions about it when she's been more than happy to do it before just makes her look a bit hypocritical.

H
  • Pippa2012Pippa2012 Posts: 610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was because it was put in such a negative way to her that she was just like oh piss of.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ya in the part shown it was put to her badly like it was the only thing that matters, im glad she told them piss of to be honest.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She must have been starved while she was in Steps first time, she has often said she lived of lettuce, she is very lucky not to have ended up having a very serious eating disorder.
  • HeavenlyHeavenly Posts: 31,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Faye and Lee.
  • WhisperingGhostWhisperingGhost Posts: 4,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pippa2012 wrote: »
    She must have been starved while she was in Steps first time, she has often said she lived of lettuce, she is very lucky not to have ended up having a very serious eating disorder.

Well she kind of does, actually. Overeating (particularly out of comfort, which she has admitted) is just as bad as undereating in terms of eating disorders.
  • shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Claire is my favourite, and was when I was younger. As she mentioned earlier on in the series, they (her and H) had their reasons for leaving the band, but nobody seems to care about that. They probably didn't go about it the right way, but it's a bit off that people haven't factored in their feelings about it.

Faye and H I quite like too.

I don't like Lisa or Lee. They're the two least talented vocally, yet they come across to me as thinking they are far better than they actually are.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,138
    Forum Member
    I listened to a Kevin Smith podcast a while back entitled 'Too Fat To Fly' (I think). Smith often makes jokes about his size but he made an interesting observation about how larger people are incredibly self-concious, regardless of how blasé they may appear to be about the issue.

And even though Claire has been open about her weight problems in the past (and even made money of it), it still must be really frustrating and somewhat embarrassing to have the issue constantly raised and having to defend yourself. So I do feel for her when she has to read through a review or sit through an interview that chooses to focus more on her physical appearance than her musical abilities.

I've been critical of her lack of motivation for the whole show business routine - it appears that she just can't be arsed with promoting but in fairness, she probably sits in dread knowing the whole 'Too Fat for Steps' thing is going to rear it's ugly head again for the hundredth time that day and I think anyone in that position would find the whole thing tiresome.

At least one review said 'good for her that she didn't diet', which was positive but I think it would have been even more positive if the whole size issue thing wasn't even mentioned at all.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lil lexie wrote: »
    I listened to a Kevin Smith podcast a while back entitled 'Too Fat To Fly' (I think). Smith often makes jokes about his size but he made an interesting observation about how larger people are incredibly self-concious, regardless of how blasé they may appear to be about the issue.

And even though Claire has been open about her weight problems in the past (and even made money of it), it still must be really frustrating and somewhat embarrassing to have the issue constantly raised and having to defend yourself. So I do feel for her when she has to read through a review or sit through an interview that chooses to focus more on her physical appearance than her musical abilities.

I've been critical of her lack of motivation for the whole show business routine - it appears that she just can't be arsed with promoting but in fairness, she probably sits in dread knowing the whole 'Too Fat for Steps' thing is going to rear it's ugly head again for the hundredth time that day and I think anyone in that position would find the whole thing tiresome.

At least one review said 'good for her that she didn't diet', which was positive but I think it would have been even more positive if the whole size issue thing wasn't even mentioned at all.

I 100% agree with everything in this post.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would love them to release a live cd of the tour.
    Forum Member
    pikeur wrote: »
    I would love them to release a live cd of the tour.

I know they've done a DVD and pretty sure that there were live recordings of the tour available.

just had a google -

http://www.concertlive.co.uk/product.php?id=146
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Their is a concert of theirs from the o2 on Sky living at 9pm tonight.
  • glyn9799glyn9799 Posts: 7,391
    Forum Member
    I know they've done a DVD and pretty sure that there were live recordings of the tour available.

just had a google -

http://www.concertlive.co.uk/product.php?id=146
    Those live recordings are great. I bought the Manchester one. I definately recommend it :D
  • Harper_MilneHarper_Milne Posts: 2,854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone know where I can watch the tv show online please?
  • BMLisaBMLisa Posts: 15,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lisa is my favourite. I think whilst Claire is obviously outstanding, Lisa and Faye are also great singers and deserve all their vocals! I live the blend of the three girls voices on songs like I know him so well and all the chorus harmonies! My fave Steps songs are ones where all 5 feature as that's the Steps sound.

Lisa may have been desperate for fame back in the day but when she was playing small clubs to promote Electric, she was lovely, accommodating and spent hours meeting with fans after the shows.

My hubby asked if she'd sign a bday card for me and she wrote a lovely message and gave it to me when I met her. It really annoys me that people think she's dismissive as she genuinely has always been the most appreciative of Steps fans and their support.

She probably was the most desperate for a music career back in the day, but as most mothers will tell you, priorities change when you have children and I don't think she'd uproot everybody in a heartbeat for Steps, she will quite legitimately be worried about time apart, expensive flights, care for the children as well as schooling.

The others will all be able to go home after a days recording.
    Isa's situation is quite obviously trickier than anyone else's.

I like all the members, I don't really have a least favourite, it's Lisa then the others lol!
  • BMLisaBMLisa Posts: 15,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Forgot to say, Lisa absolutely trounces the others at dancing, and as they say it's as much about the dancing as the singing.
    Forum Member
    so what does the future hold?

hhmmmm???:p

was a bit of an infuriating cliffhanger last night, 2 and a half votes for new album (the 'half' being H who was finally coming around to the idea, well, we knew he would:p), I got the feeling Lisa was on the brink of saying 'I'm in!' but Claire seemed reluctant - roll ending credits.

Noooooooo!!!:cry::cry::p

Well, we know they're still milking the 'reunion' with more tour dates and that apparently, Sony wasn't interested in new material but finding another record label shouldn't prove that difficult.

But it's all a bit :confused::confused:
  • glyn9799glyn9799 Posts: 7,391
    Forum Member
    so what does the future hold?

hhmmmm???:p

was a bit of an infuriating cliffhanger last night, 2 and a half votes for new album (the 'half' being H who was finally coming around to the idea, well, we knew he would:p), I got the feeling Lisa was on the brink of saying 'I'm in!' but Claire seemed reluctant - roll ending credits.

Noooooooo!!!:cry::cry::p

Well, we know they're still milking the 'reunion' with more tour dates and that apparently, Sony wasn't interested in new material but finding another record label shouldn't prove that difficult.

But it's all a bit :confused::confused:

Last nights episode was terrible! I swear about 20 minutes of it was just recaps and repeats of what we'd already seen. Then they go and leave it on that terrible cliffhanger :eek: H then said on twitter 'I'm In' so that sounds promising :D

I was feeling for frustrated for poor Faye. I find it funny that it's Faye and Lee who want to continue as a band, yet those two are the only ones who didn't milk their fame after the original split.
    Forum Member
    glyn9799 wrote: »
    Last nights episode was terrible! I swear about 20 minutes of it was just recaps and repeats of what we'd already seen. Then they go and leave it on that terrible cliffhanger :eek: H then said on twitter 'I'm In' so that sounds promising :D

I was feeling for frustrated for poor Faye. I find it funny that it's Faye and Lee who want to continue as a band, yet those two are the only ones who didn't milk their fame after the original split.

they sure dragged it out.:p

Faye and Lee do seem very committed to continuing, maybe it is due the fact that they haven't had to resort to selling their souls to maintain media attention - perhaps they're just a bit naive compared to the others in regards to the fame thing. :p

It's kind of infuriating that they use the excuse of family disruption for the argument against continuing. Whilst Lisa may have more reason to use this argument than Claire, it's still a piss poor argument. Being in a band like Steps wouldn't be a full-time job - 2 weeks in a recording studio, 2 weeks promotion, 8 weeks tour, then take a year and a half off before repeating the process - it's hardly going to wreck your family life.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gary Barlow manages to have a family life and look how huge Take That are. Steps having kids in a way should be the insentive to do it, we all know money is tight etc and to be in Steps provides a good opportunity to make a nice few quid.
  • edduk1981edduk1981 Posts: 2,214
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So now what?? When we supposed to hear the decision??
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did anyone catch the Concert special after On the Road Again episode?

They completely cut it to shreds. Wasnt impressed. The opening was gone, here and now. the solos. :mad:
  • kira neryskira nerys Posts: 942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Claire was my favourite back in the day,never really cared about the others,although I have an inexpilcable hatred for Lisa,always have done,and this time round is no different,I just want to scream every time she comes on the screen,I'm not that fond of Lee either,and I dont know why,but I get the feeling that they are the reasons that Claire and H left,they come across as having a spiteful,jealous streak,obviously this is just my opersonal opinion.
    Claire is still my favourite though,she has by far the best voice and I like her personality,I dont like her hubby though,whenever I have seen him in anything he always seems to be manipulating her,putting her down but in a way that seems as though he isn't,and raining on her parade a lot,like trying to put doubts in her mind about getting back together with steps,I think she would definately be more up for it without him dripping poison in her ear.