Richard Curtis' Movie is Boring, says woman to his face

13»

Comments

• lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Verence wrote: »
    The Thin Blue Line

I can think of worse, plenty of them around at the moment, but it was not a great series and nowhere near the standard of Blackadder.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SXTony wrote: »
    Wether you like his stuff or not, it was still rude to say it to his face.

Totes. It's one thing to dislike a film style, just arrogance, rude and humiliating to say it to someone's face.
  • cuzacuza Posts: 1,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ella Nut wrote: »
    I don't think for a second he really meant Casablanca was boring, he was just retorting to the old trout. I find it strange that people think it's alright for old folk to be rude, that Alex thingy was laughing like a drain. It's somehow funny because well, they're just being a bit eccentric, oh it's their age,oh she's a right character that one...etc. I've long since come to the conclusion that rude old trouts were almost certainly also rude young trouts.

I know I sound like I'm about to fire off a strongly-worded letter to Points Of View about allowing elderly hooligans onto our screens....

Having said all this, Richard could not have handled it better.

This!
  • The GathererThe Gatherer Posts: 2,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    samwalk wrote: »
    Totes. It's one thing to dislike a film style, just arrogance, rude and humiliating to say it to someone's face.

It depends on the circumstances and the way it is said. In this case, judging from what's been posted, you may be right. But if I ever met him I would certainly give him my views on the awful Vincent and the Doctor episode of Doctor Who that he wrote.
  • RoseAnneRoseAnne Posts: 3,200
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It depends on the circumstances and the way it is said. In this case, judging from what's been posted, you may be right. But if I ever met him I would certainly give him my views on the awful Vincent and the Doctor episode of Doctor Who that he wrote.

And I'd tell him how I loved Vincent and the Doctor. :)