The Alexandra Burke Appreciation Thread (Part 14)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 94
    Forum Member
    Shoed wrote: »
    I agree, Bodyguard has gained her a lot of interest regarding new fans I think... I think if she released music that got PROMOTED she'd be able to get a top 10 hit easy still. I think people question her fan base, she has a lot of causal listeners who like her but obviously don't follow her social media.

She's done a lot in her career, been at the top single wise and album wise, sang with beyonce, lead a famous west end musical now doing the UK tour for it... I believe this might eventually go to broadway after this tour. I think that's why she's keeping the connection close. Broadway sites comment on BG a lot.

As long as Alex fights for her career, i'll still be here. All she can do is try and I know she takes it seriously and personally. She just needs to amend the rough edges such as EP releases, everything needs to be polished before a release because it'll only damage her reputation further.

& yes Alex is 100% set up for life income wise, her mum made the mistake so I think Alex was careful from day 1 regarding money and what she does with it. Bodyguard will earn her a nice income.

What I find really funny about this post is that it weren't that long ago you was slating the BG's impact on her career and the positive aspects that came for it! So you have changed your tune!

However, despite that I actually agree 100% with what you said in this post, it was spot on. I really think the blog on has really helped this thread come to a more reasoned & realistic acceptance of her situation/prospects. I do like that the thread in general has come more rational to her diversifying her talents to adapt in this entertainment industry.
  • phill363phill363 Posts: 24,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    oops :D
  • phill363phill363 Posts: 24,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :blush::blush::blush:
  • beastieletsgobeastieletsgo Posts: 598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can we stop with the snide remarks? I personally am happy with the aspect of alex being happy, considering the year shes had. That in no way means I all of a sudden am in love with the aspect of tthe bodyguard.

Anyway the past is in the past- frozen pun not intended. Hope she has a fun time on the tour will most likely be more active and supportive in December when she releases the EP.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 94
    Forum Member
    I didn't make any snide remarks, I thought his post was spot on and fully agreed with it. However, I had to point out the irony in it considering what was posted to me last week.

You are right though, the past is the past! I really feel the blog has helped create a better feel of understanding for her situation & how she has made the most of it in a productive & talented way (performing) rather than just going on pointless reality shows that do not show her talents at least (CBB etc), the fact she finally clarified it properly was very good too.

The thread feels calmer than it has been recently, that can only be a good thing!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 27
    Forum Member
    Well I'm excited to e going to the Jazz Cafe. Cannot wait.
  • ShoedShoed Posts: 5,891
    Forum Member
    I'm gonna buy tickets for Jazz Cafe... Alex always give me an excuse for a London trip :)

Didn't know Lana Del Rey performed there!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpMvhIAN6H8
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Alexs latest instagram pic slays. That hair>>>>>>
  • NiiiiiiikNiiiiiiik Posts: 1,777
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alexs latest instagram pic slays. That hair>>>>>>

Yep. She's going mobos tonight
    Forum Member
    Alex trending after one public appearance presenting an award lmao
    Not much good stuff but not all negative ... Still the power of Alex lmaooo
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Alex confirmed EP December 2014. Album 2015...
  • RingoJ739KRingoJ739K Posts: 23,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alexandra looked great tonight.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Album independent :/
  • FanFromHollandFanFromHolland Posts: 5,987
    Forum Member

I screamed, until I saw Niiiik post...

Hey ho, at least we're getting music. I mean she might come up with something great, like Macklemore and Ryan Lewis did
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I screamed, until I saw Niiiik post...

Hey ho, at least we're getting music. I mean she might come up with something great, like Macklemore and Ryan Lewis did

True maybe she'll get backing by then if the EP delivers
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What game shows is she doing? I've seen the chase pics on Twitter but I'm sure I've seen her on another advert recently.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Niiiiiiik wrote: »
    Album independent :/

Source??
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Source??

I'm assuming it's that because of the open letter last week? Unless she whipped up a record deal this week.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh ok. I feel like if this ep is good and gets media attention and record labels are interested, I feel like the tour could put it into jeopardy.
  • ukaszenkoooukaszenkooo Posts: 425
    Forum Member
    Yeah.. That is so weird. Social Media are not working for her even when she's trying hard.. And when she's not doing anything special - boom. LOL Iornic ;)
    Im happy to hear new music on December, and the new album 2015! It looks good so far...
    And she looks amazing!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Alex's new PR team is outside org BTW.
  • Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would just sit back and relax now. The situation can't get any worse. The only way it could get worse if she started doing reality shows like Strictly and I'm A Celeb, and I don't think she's the kind of person who would get involved with all of that. She's never going to be a big commerical star again, that's just not going to happen. But she might at least become credible again. This is the UK...they love to build people up and then knock them straight back down. But it also works the other way too. I'm just glad she's happy. She's spent since 2008 trying to make it, and it's obviously just not going to happen. She has a life at the end of the day and she can't just spend the rest of her life trying to make it. If she was a young teenager just starting out then it would be aiddferent story, but she's getting older obviously and she needs a life. She hasn't hit the huge big time...but neither have any of the other acts we've seen on X Factor over the past 11 years (apart from One Direction, and also Leona Lewis although that's debatebale). X Factor and Syco are one big curse. I'm just glad Alex is happy.
    Forum Member