The X Factor 2014 Auditions 2 — Sun 31st Aug, 8PM, ITV HD

JetsonJetson Posts: 13,318
Forum Member
✭✭
Hello everyone! Here is a thread for tonight's second episode of The X Factor: Series 11.

Judges
Simon Cowell
Cheryl Fernandez-Visini
Mel B
Louis Walsh

Host
Dermot O'Leary

Contest stage
Closed-room auditions

Last night's viewing figures
9.50m inc +1 (exc. +1: 9.03m (40.9%), +1: 465k)

Broadcast
Sun 31st August, 8.00-9.00PM on ITV/ITV HD

Next episode
Next Sat 6th September, 8.00-9.20PM on ITV/ITV HD

Last night's opener received overall warm reception from the press. The Telegraph said, "Simon Cowell's return to the X Factor, alongside Cheryl Fernandez-Versini and Mel B, has given the show its mojo back" while the Independent remarked "previous series have sometimes been dull or mawkish, but the eleventh feels like a more evolved entertainment product."

It continued to reverse the downward ratings trajectory that started the year after Simon/Cheryl left originally, beating last year's launch and pulling nearly 4 million more than the second highest rated show of the night, Doctor Who.

I thought the new panel showed all the signs of being a classic group, and while the talent wasn't incredible I think they're holding back quite a few Aces at the moment - and The X Factor has always been more about the sass and the judges than wall-to-wall talent. I'm confident at least 3 contestants this year will be amazingly good, in line with previous series.

Tonight's second closed-room auditions episode airs at 8PM on ITV! :)

Going by first impressions, what do you make of Simon, Cheryl, Mel B and Louis as the judges? 101 votes

Best panel yet, this TOPS the Simon/Cheryl/Louis/Dannii days
11%
queenshaksSunny BScorerosariofireToriamathwillrelf92Rob1985[Deleted User]forwardswillDingDong08Milkita[Deleted User] 12 votes
Decent panel, AS GOOD AS with the Simon/Cheryl/Louis/Dannii days (or favourite older panel)
39%
[Deleted User]DUNDEEBOYmadeofglassxfactorisgr8Gambit_is_aceageappropriated0lphinFuddFM LoverxTonixhilduffluvaCBFreakStubedivingbboy4troy7andersonsonsonJetsonSnowyfaceFibromite59bookclub10 40 votes
Average panel, PREFER ONE older panel configuration
25%
elenaLisa.Bmojo5000AbsolutelySammy2nojunkmailcooler[Deleted User]staceyxxx23Hound of Lovealiyah101Crabbie123JustArunistersayHyper_IntakeStratusSpherekeightley80Robertfitzfireemblemcrazedottzie38 26 votes
Poor panel, NOT AS GOOD as more than one older configuration
11%
duncannstargazer61CaminoAndrewPdLuxraySoppyfanJonahTakaluaelasticloveTransponsterfelpcalibasmadmark1974Fruit_Fly 12 votes
Terrible panel, one of the all-time WORST in X Factor history
10%
[Deleted User]AUNACSatnavvyrubywooÆnimaSamuelWmrsgrumpy49Justonecornetto[Deleted User][Deleted User]R82n8 11 votes

Comments

• JetsonJetson Posts: 13,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Decent panel, AS GOOD AS with the Simon/Cheryl/Louis/Dannii days (or favourite older panel)
    Poll now up about the panel.

Choose if it's your favourite ever, joint favourite, second best or worst ranked since the show started. Last night's poll showed 50% of voters had Simon/Cheryl/Louis/Dannii as its all time favourite panel.
  • xfactorisgr8xfactorisgr8 Posts: 20,355
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi, thanks for the thread.

Just a polite request for future shows can a poll not be put on the thread, I find it annoying have to scroll down past it everytime :P
  • JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    Average panel, PREFER ONE older panel configuration
    Average Panel
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi, thanks for the thread.

Just a polite request for future shows can a poll not be put on the thread, I find it annoying have to scroll down past it everytime :P
    thanks, and I agree, it's just because it's the launch week :)
  • StubeStube Posts: 16,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nice opening post! :D

Hope the talent steps up. Talent-wise, I only liked Chloe Jasmine from last night. Normally the winner is shown in the first show (Joe, Sam etc) so I'm kind of worried about how good this year will be once the live shows start.
  • MilkitaMilkita Posts: 1,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    James J wrote: »
    the talent wasn't incredible I think they're holding back quite a few Aces at the moment - and The X Factor has always been more about the sass and the judges than wall-to-wall talent. I'm confident at least 3 contestants this year will be amazingly good, in line with previous series.

Totally agree, I feel like they are holding back some stand out to put joke acts so the family tuned it more because they find it funny .. We might start getting sneak peak of stand out from 2nd episode and so on :)
  • james2018james2018 Posts: 1,493
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't notice Steph Nala on the little 'coming soon' montage at the end
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    From the poll for last night's episode

The winner so far is 4/5 with 25% of the vote (out of 156 votes).

65% of all voters chose 3/5 or higher (out of 156 votes).

Paired with the strong ratings for the launch it would appear the stars are in The X Factor's favour this year!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    X minus 2 hours 8 minutes :D
  • hilduffluvahilduffluva Posts: 3,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Excited to see Only The Young tonight! :)
  • Jason100Jason100 Posts: 17,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Has Cheryl cried yet?
  • StubeStube Posts: 16,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Excited to see Only The Young tonight! :)

How do you know who is on?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://www.nowmagazine.co.uk/celebrity-news/555091/whaaat-are-cheryl-cole-s-new-bffs-heading-for-x-factor-stardom
  • hilduffluvahilduffluva Posts: 3,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stube wrote: »
    How do you know who is on?

Telly mix put out some spoiler pics and this was one of them: http://static.tellymix.co.uk/files/2014/08/x-factor-2014-contestants-tx2-11.jpg

VERY EXCITED! I wonder what they will sing!
  • willrelf92willrelf92 Posts: 15,472
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think this is the best judging panel yet as all previous panels have had at least one judge I haven't liked, but I like all the judges this year. Swap Sharon last year with Cheryl or Dannii from 2008 with Nicole and either of them would be my favourite.
  • Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi everyone. Thanks for the thread.
  • FuddFudd Posts: 166,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Evening all and thanks for the thread. :)

I think this panel is very strong on first impressions but I can't help but remember that Gary/Kelly/Tulisa/Louis went down very well with support from the edit and we all know what happened there.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    X minus 8 minutes :D
  • Kaz159Kaz159 Posts: 11,824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Evening - I'm ready for round 2. Hope it's better than last night.
  • richie4evarichie4eva Posts: 217,884
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Right let's get this over with

Good evening everyone
  • ElectricBoy171ElectricBoy171 Posts: 20,776
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Evening all, ta for the thread. :)
  • yesman2012yesman2012 Posts: 2,104
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kinda want to watch this, but kinda don't, anyone know this feel?

#2trashy4me
  • elasticloveelasticlove Posts: 18,257
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Poor panel, NOT AS GOOD as more than one older configuration
    These polls take up so much space :(
  • Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Here we go!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member