Options

When Do You Put Your Christmas Decorations Up?

124»

Comments

• Options
    CaxtonCaxton Posts: 28,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In January on the 12th day after Christmas, that is when I put them up. All the decorations are much cheaper in the Christmas sales and when everyone takes their decorations down I put mine up. I always decorate my toilet seats with holly to be really festive:D
  • Options
    LightningIguanaLightningIguana Posts: 21,854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    12th, assuming I can be bothered. It's always me that ends up doing it, getting frustrated and then lugging them back into the loft like a numpty come January. How can baubles and tinsel be so heavy!!!!!
  • Options
    lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Always the first Friday night in December (no idea why, just a tradition I got into when the kids were little) so this year it'll be Friday 5th. Take them down a couple of days after New Year's Eve. Would never be without my xmas tree, love it :)

When I was at home my mum used to insist on not putting them up until about 7 days before xmas no matter how much I nagged for them to go up, used to drive me mad as all my friends had them up before us! >:(:D Mind you, back then (70s) I can't remember anyone putting them up early-mid November that you hear about nowadays, or even late November now I think about it :confused:
  • Options
    LollytrollLollytroll Posts: 369
    Forum Member
    Mine goes up the first of December, as soon as I am offically allowed. I would take them down before new year as I like to start with a fresh clean room and no clutter but the husband likes them up for the new year, so I take them down normally in the second. Christmas decorations after Christmas bug me cause it reminds me Christmas is a year away.