Options

Unfair scoring - Dine, Bed etc

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,633
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Is it fair that in programmes like Come Dine With Me, Three in a Bed etc that the final few contestants in the competition are able to score lower based on their opinions throughout the week. With CDWM I think it unfair that when the first hosts have competed they then are able to become abusive and score lower in the week. With TIAB I feel that the contestants are paying based on what the others paid to them rather than what the rooms and service are worth.

A much fairer system is used on May the Best House Win where the points are revealed at the end of the week, giving what I feel is a fairer result.

Comments

• Options
    teenagemartyrteenagemartyr Posts: 6,782
    Forum Member
    I don't understand why the participants don't just award everybody else with a 1 in order to win.

I know I'd do it for the prize money.
  • Options
    RutakatekiRutakateki Posts: 2,716
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not cookin' for you then! :p
  • Options
    KarlyKarly Posts: 10,469
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't understand why the participants don't just award everybody else with a 1 in order to win.

I know I'd do it for the prize money.
    That did happen once on Come Dine, but she was made to rescore it - even then I think she just put it up to about 3
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 391
    Forum Member
    TBH, I don't think it really matters.

Maybe a fairer way would be to conceal all the amounts paid on TIAB until the end. But really it dosen't make a big difference.
  • Options
    niceguy1966niceguy1966 Posts: 29,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Karly wrote: »
    That did happen once on Come Dine, but she was made to rescore it - even then I think she just put it up to about 3

If she scores everyone else 2s and 3s, it's the same as if she marked everyone 7s and 8s, as long as her low scoring doesn't mean she wins.

And if I remember correctly, she didn't win after they made her re-mark, which is all that matters!